MoD WoL check please

Ok I dont normally post these things for everyone to look at, but after a couple hours of attempts, Id like to know what the main issues are here...

FYI I brain farted and didnt combat log any of our 2 heal attempts. That went horrid. Healers were OOM before the end of the 3rd platform so yeah 4th platform never died.

logged some 3 heal 1 tank attempts, and things went a lot better. We had some nice smooth transitions until the last platform. For some reason DPS was just off on getting the corruption down before the bolt...

We also had to bring in an alt shaman to help us out from the other raid team.

Please let me know anything you see right off, that is glaringly wrong. Its late, im cross eyed, and need to get up in 6hrs to head to the gym lol.

Please keep the epeen show offs to a minimum. I have downed the fight before, we just had to redo our raid group due to the holidays and SWTOR. Im just looking for any suggestions on what we can do to improve.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4f7oc32eiy6z7cna/

FYI we are doing green>red>yellow>blue

Use two tanks? Makes things smoother and you'll be less liable to lose one by accident.

We usually 3 heal, 2 tank, I know lots of people do it with less tanks or healers ofc. We never kill the corruption before the bolt hits, doesn't matter as long people are stacked up away from where it hits and nuke it down asap while healers use what they need to use to keep the raid up.

2healed 2 tanked and got the corruption down b4 bolt esily

Deleted
    Just looked and your shaman for his gear seems low on hps, also he's not specced Telluric currents, so is he A, throwing out less heals to save mana or B, the raid grp is spread out to much to lower effective heals.

As i mentioned he should spec Telluric currents, awsome tallent point for this fight esp with haste/dmg buff, so he gets mana and also contributes to some dmg and can spam heal when it's needed instead of holding off.

Deleted
    You said DPS was just off getting the corruption down before bolt? That's a problem, with your strat that is kind of a key moment in the fight. Are you using lust there? With a 3 heal strat I prefer bloodlusting on the 4th platform instead of in phase 2. What can you do to squeeze more damage out in that key part of the fight? I think mage going arcane might help, not only does that spec have good burst but it will also provide 3% dmg for the raid. Is everyone saving and using CDs for that part of the fight? With your DPS if things are done right then that corruption should definitely die.

That's pretty much it I think, you can handle double impales with a prot pally tank in there and you have the heals and CDs to do phase 2. With 3 healers that have mana tide and divine hymn you should not have any mana issues (btw Telluric Currents is good) and your DPS numbers seem high enough to beat enrage timers. It's all about managing CDs properly, use them early and use them often and make SURE they are all up for the 4th platform.

I don't see anything glaringly wrong, yeah I can critique your individual members but that won't lead to too much. The mage going arcane should be a good boost for that corruption, after that it's a simple fight. In phase two you'll likely have to deal with 2 sets of adds, don't get the boss below 10% until after the 2nd set is dead or healing will be hard as hell.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2012-01-12 at 10:09 AM.

Deleted
    [Quote "healed 2 tanked and got the corruption down b4 bolt esily" [Quote]
    Most useful reply ever...
    But on to the topic. Id say go with 1 tank If dps is an issue.Looking at the logs you may run into issues during phase 4 due to dps/heal.
    And you say you are so id keep with 1 tank 3 heals.
    We use the platform order to red-green-yellow-blue.Yes this means after the first platform dps must single target tenticles but i dont find them a issue untill the final platform anyway.With this order you keep dream buff for the tank 1 extra platform.
    Red platform tank uses dream on 1x impale (baring in mind you really need to kill the corruption before the second impale)
    Green platform tank uses dream on the impale.
    Yellow platform tank can use large CD ( pala tank so guessing GoaK)
    Blue platform tank should get a external Defensive CD ( pain sup/hand of sac etc)
    Now as i see from your logs and what you say going 1 tank 3 heals isnt a issue untill phase 2.
    What we do for p2 is... First tenticles spawn dps them down and as the first fragments spawn the whole raid stacks in the time loop.mark one add burst it down then kil the 2nd. After adds are dead we hero/lust and zerg boss ignoring the 2nd wave of adds.
    You may find you dont have the DPS for that so a 2nd wave of add killing will be needed.If so you need to be rolling your raid walls effectivly from when the adds spawn and afterwards till the kill.
    As the preveous post said,effective CD use will be what you need for the kill.
    For some reason i cant seem to see the dmg output during phase 2 from those logs Or atleast see no damage on to adds during that phase.Maybe its just me being half asleep at this moment lol.
    Last edited by mmoce66337fb63; 2012-01-12 at 10:55 AM.

your not seeing ph2 due to us dying on the 4th platform almost every time. We had a couple attempts in ph2 that were not logged. Random mistakes that could easily be avoided were made that wiped us on those attempts.

Our strat has been to lust on the 1st platform to nuke that one down asap, and then its back up in time for ph2.

With our DPS I dont see ph2 being a big issue and needing lust, so I will mention popping that for 4th platform. Ill also mention to our sham about tweaking his spec.

One issue we ran into a lot was our rogue will cloak on the last platform, I will deterence, and our DK will AMS/IBF to stay out and stay on the corruption to finish it off. The DK would die to crush almost every time. We had our pally tank life gripped away last second. It just makes me think something is off with him dying pretty much every time to that.

Deleted
    if your having slight dps issuse and are using shammies,

when you leave green platform and run to red.
    when passing the yellow get your shamies to drop their fire and earth elementals on that platform as near the the red edge as possible that leaves those elementals to hit the tentacle on their own for their full duration for the loss of 2 totems on the red platform which is ez anyway it means when you jump back to yellow it's already lost x ammount of health and your healers will likely be 95%+ mana after the first green platform anyway
    As long as you teach your raid to dream at right times eg when blisterings spawn and if they ever get tentacle crushed dps/tanks not using dream on first platform is a 2-3% mana loss for your healers, if they are running oom it;s things like that that will help a lot. looking at dream counter, your mage managed 11 uses while your worst was only 3. it's only first platform but it's bad practice and if they arn't clicking it in platform 1 they probably will forget on last platform and die to shrapnel.

also your druid healer is not droping mushrooms on the next platform while running between then, exploding 3 shrooms onto regen blood is a big big chunk of damg if all 3 proc spellweave with negligable mana cost and you shoudn't ahve much to heal when platform change ( at least green-> red and red-> yellow anyawy) and reducing time on each platform is a assist to mana as well.

your paladin tank took a considerable ammount of "hits" which wern't block/dodge/parry/absorb does he have ctc cap? it';s easily reachable and will smoth the damg he takes from the tentacle considerably. if he is using the "absorbe sheild when udner 50% hp" trinket isntead of normal mastery trinkey for madness thats acceptable otherwise he should really have the ctc. it's obtainable in firelands normal gear now we have lfr and dragonsoul there is no real excuse of your just making your healers have to heal more.

your bottom 3 dps seem to have a low ammount of spellweave procs are they making sure to keep using the abilities that can proc it properly?

your rogue only used feight 14 times over all attempts, it should be being used eveery time blistering spawn to take less damg. thats like having a 50% damg reduction to all aoe damg that is just not being clicked he also doesn't appear to have spell hit cap which i think assasination needs as he has posion misses.

if your lusting the first platform don't pop it right away pop it when the tentacle at the back spawns as damg on the claw before tentacle is up jsut means your taking more aoe damg for longer as the aoe the claw does depends on it's remaining health and if you lust it thats like 20 secs of lusted hp loss so a decent aoe pulse.
    sorry for wall just trying to help

nvm... already said lol

Dont be sorry, this is what I am looking for .

Our pally tank is ctc cap'd to my recolection I will ensure that tonight by checking with him. I know he uses the macro to check himself, so I would think hes g2g. He is missing his 4pt which would be a huge help, but not mandantory imo.

I will make sure our rogue is popping feight as much as possible. He has 15% hit and 2 points in precision to give him 19%, so that should be fine. Not sure how he is missing with 19%...

We will emphasize the dream clicking on 1st platform, along with the tips for extra damage on the 3rd claw during transition.

We are popping lust when the corruption pops. I agree with you and we feel no need to burn down the claw and prefer to focus on the corruption.
    Last edited by NappyPalm; 2012-01-12 at 04:18 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NappyPalm View Post
    Dont be sorry, this is what I am looking for .

Our pally tank is ctc cap'd to my recolection I will ensure that tonight by checking with him. I know he uses the macro to check himself, so I would think hes g2g. He is missing his 4pt which would be a huge help, but not mandantory imo.

I will make sure our rogue is popping feight as much as possible. He has 15% hit and 2 points in precision to give him 19%, so that should be fine. Not sure how he is missing with 19%...

We will emphasize the dream clicking on 1st platform, along with the tips for extra damage on the 3rd claw during transition.

We are popping lust when the corruption pops. I agree with you and we feel no need to burn down the claw and prefer to focus on the corruption.
    if he is geting hit while ctc then it's slow positioning as that means most likely a regen blood hit his arse where he can't dodge/block/parry.
    feight as much as possible is probably overkill justm ake sure he uses it when blistering spawn on each platform and ask if he has it glyphed so that it costs Zero energy. it's barely a dps loss unles it causes an energy cap anyawy.

your shammy seems to be casting chain heal an dispraportionately LOW number of times. as well as greater healing wave being cast a low number of times he also subsequently has a low count of tidal waves tidal inc crit chance which results in more crits and more mana return from resurgence.

this is looking at a fw of the fights not all as that would take ages!.

also your priest needs to use prayer of Mending more the passive aoe that ticks will cause it to proc meaning it will bounce once a second and you get full healing our of every single cast. on one fight i looked at in 10 minutes he only used power word sheild 26 times that doesn't sound very disc as they NEED rapture for mana. and it shows a priest in my raid got 339,668 mana back in 14 minutes, your guy 177,836 mana in 10 minutes. 4 minutes doesn't make the differance in mana when my got 2x the mana back in 1.5x the length.
    similar thing with your druid mine seemed to get an extra innervate cast of during the fight.

your warlock dark intent seems to have only a 75% uptime on some attempts? i can't tell much else don't know them well enough.

your dk seems to be prioritising howling blast over obliterate, it's not that way round anymore which could be one of the reasons he is lower on your scale of dps. also he only managed a 75%ish uptime on his frost fever/vulnerability and didn't seem to keep his "smouldering rune" buff up for runic regen in some fights.

generally i have been looking at your over 10 minute fights for this stuff.

Pally is running in to conc and help out on bloods. Could be whats hitting him as they might be collapsing behind him for a second as you noted. The DK was a tank that went OS DPS and is probably one of our lowest geared DPS'rs outside of the sham alt. That doesnt justify the rotation issue though, so Ill bring that part up.

Priest is OS heals for us, but Ill mention these things to him. Shadow is his MS. He was actually in the best situation mana wise out of the 3, but if he can heal more and gen more mana, then it should ease the burden on the other 2.

One thing, with our makeup are we missing any raid wall type cds to help us mitigate damage?

Prot Pally
    Frost DK
    Ass Rogue
    SV Hunter
    Resto Sham
    Ele Sham
    Resto Druid
    Fire Mage
    Lok
    Priest Disc

We have tranq, pwb, spirit link, are our main ones. I think generally we have been spirit linking on the 3rd platform (sometimes tranq as well), and that just leaves PWB for the bolt damage on the 4th platform. Ideally I would like to see tranq on the 4th, but if it mean us dying on the 3rd, which it shouldnt..., then pop it. Our DK if he tanked has his 4pT. We may try swapping that at some point tonight to try out.
    Last edited by NappyPalm; 2012-01-12 at 06:23 PM.

Your DPS needs to be way quicker on killing the Bolts and Mutated Corruptions.

Bolts:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...=770&target=29

Corruptions:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...=770&target=25

The bolt especially, DPS is slower than molasses to switch and ramp up on it, like the 3rd bolt of the 1st attempt:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/4...=474&target=29
    Shame on everyone, especially the Shaman who was competing with the Smiting disc priest!

Edit: Actually, I'm 99% sure Rhozz is completely tunneling on the Tentacle or Deathwing, and ignoring almost everything else. You should probably sit him down and have a pretty stern discussion about ad switching.
    Last edited by Stevoman; 2012-01-12 at 06:47 PM.

Deleted
    if your dk is ofspec and dps is low anyway, you might be better if he can do an unholy spec as that means you can use anti-magic bubble when the elementium bolt lands or when blisterings spawn as if his dps is gona be meh anyyway he may as well provide something useful and the 10% melle haste won't benefit you much as you are mostly caster/ranged dps and shammy totem can cover that buff if needed.

does your tank pally have p4c yet? as that alows a use per platform instead of every other.

you are going to want a spirit link + posibbly a bubble on 4th, get your healers to spirit link platform 2 and it should be ready for 4 also when is your pally using his 20% raidwall?

make sure your hunter is using a pet that privides something you don't have which is possibly sunders unles your forcing your resto druid to frarie fire 3 times

your dps should be saving 2 minute cooldowns for when cataclysm starts for optimal platform time but i think that omnly works when your 2 tanking it as i think they have to use them on corruption when you 1 tank,

remind your pally tank if he gets 2 impales he can bubble the 2nd in a row and if again on next platform hand of protection himself
    just make sure he clicks it off or some melle wil go splat.

we ended up getting it last night after a few failed 1 tank 3 heal attempts, we kicked a low dps, moved our os disc priest to his MS shadow, our resto druid went boomie, and we brought in a holy pally from in guild. Final setup was one paly tank, paly/shaman heals, 7 dps.

1st attempt that way got us to 5%, and we got the kill the 2nd attempt with that setup. It got a little hairy in Ph2 with add control if the adds didnt spawn close together. we lost our rogue on the 2nd set, got him up, but then lost the tank at the very end of the 2nd set of adds. From there we just stayed on DW, and got the kill before the 3rd set came out.

Yay for kill #2 lol.

Agreed Nappy. It did seem like people started to pick it up. People could start dpsing the bolt down sooner too, but I guess I can't complain too much since the bolt didn't hit at all .

Thanks all for the feedback/constructive criticism, it really helped. Still a couple people getting tunnel vision, but we made it WOOT WOOT!!!!