Focus target and modifiers.

So I've been trying to work around the no Shift/Ctrl/Alt for focus modifiers, but everything feels wrong. I can't really use # (next to 1) as a lot of my abilities are on ERTFGZXCV and become almost unusable while keeping movement stable (WASD). I can't use my mouse as it is actively being used to move, target, etc and my thumb (12 buttons with naga) can't be on 2 buttons at the same time (Can't have Naga #1 be target modifier if I need to use #2 on focus).

I know in the end I can probably just put F as modifier and have non-focus attack on the keyboard; all abilities that I may need on focus on Naga. But that's kind of annoying and a lot of re-binding and testing to make it work.

So basically, I'm just asking if someone knows a way to force Shift/Ctrl/Alt to be usable as a modifier key ?

Also : Dam, TOR needs a macro tab already, this isn't 2003.

Deleted
    I got Shift bound as modifier on many occasions, didn't need a way to "force" it o.O

Or did I missunderstand something?

Deleted
    Yeah, you missed something^^

SHIFT/CTRL/ALT are not able to be bound to any function. The focus modifier can (- and to be used - must) be bound. So you are stuck with using any key except the traditional modifiers. Which sucks.

I don't know of a workaround unfortunately and am in a similar situation now. A massive rebinding action to be done, not knowing where to put the focus modifier, after hitting 50 a few days ago. Also using a naga btw.

Quote Originally Posted by s1l1c0n View Post
    Yeah, you missed something^^

SHIFT/CTRL/ALT are not able to be bound to any function. The focus modifier can (- and to be used - must) be bound. So you are stuck with using any key except the traditional modifiers. Which sucks.

I don't know of a workaround unfortunately and am in a similar situation now. A massive rebinding action to be done, not knowing where to put the focus modifier, after hitting 50 a few days ago. Also using a naga btw.
    Unfortunately once you do get it bound it tends to forget your focus target between scene transitions; like taking an elevator or such. There is a lot of UI work that must be done and I am not hopeful it will be done in a timely manner.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I love how the default focus cast keybind is the End key. I don't think there is a single key farther from my hands when playing than the End key.

All they need to do is add a simple macro system for focus and mouseover casts. I mean honestly, did this not occur to them? They obviously want to draw in WoW players, but there's no reason we should have to slog through a year of things like this while they get around to implementing features that have been tried and tested, and should have been obvious inclusions to begin with. A victim of their own release date, and now all the focus is on fixing bugs and exploits instead.

What is the point of even trying to use focus targets right now? pvp is pretty lame and pve never required it.

You can use them by just dictating the ability to a modifier+a key in the quickslot determination. You can't set it up like in WoW though. As you have to live with a huge set of abilities on your screen at any given time.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.