Question fury - rage issues

i recently dinged with my fury warrior.

my main problem when running five mans are the rage. not on bosses but o trash. i always stand there with no rage.

always start with popping berserker rage and battle shout, just to get started. but after one whirlwind and one cleave there is no left. then i have to stand there wait for my swings to build some. it feels like half fights i just stand wait for my rage to re-build.

what am i doing wrong? try to be slightly over hit cap since i've read that thats important?

my dps is really crap. tested to run a dungeon with a guildie which also has a newly dinged frost dk. he really out-dpsed me although i have much higher ilv

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...OSTAI/advanced

(i know that there are tank shoulders but they are much better than the ones i had before. i also know that there are no enchants etc but i wait with this until i have decieded wheter i should go on with my warr)

Rage issues is something you hardly can prevent especially with that gear lvl. Honestly I'd suggest just going arms. It just doesn't need another ~15 ilvls to feel at least comfortable.
    If you want to keep it fury - you will need a lot more hit. And crit. I have a second warrior with an about equal ilvl although enchanted :P and it feels just horrible as fury.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2012-01-12 at 09:23 AM.

i usually found that rage intake was heavilly affected by buffs, primarily the 20% melee/ranged haste buff. try and grab a enhancement shaman/frost dk or a survival hunter to come and do dungeons with you.
    also use berserker rage either when you are taking damage or are about to take damage, that makes a big change.
    and remember to only use heroic strike/cleave when you have 60-70 rage or more, to make sure you always have rage for your main rotation.

a small thing on reforging, most is great, but those shoulders, mastery is great for tanking, so if you use them in your prot spec too then no worries, but if not reforge them into crit instead.

good luck in your hunt for 'great vengeance and furious anger'
    >.<

edit: what the other guy said too, arms is great at the moment, and rage is constant

Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Rage issues is something you hardly can prevent especially with that gear lvl. Honestly I'd suggest just going arms. It just doesn't need another ~15 ilvls to feel at least comfortable.
    If you want to keep it fury - you will need a lot more hit. And crit. I have a second warrior with an about equal ilvl although enchanted :P and it feels just horrible as fury.
    You don't want to go higher than he is (14-15%) without t13 2p bonus, that's just a waste, better to manage your rage well and not to use cleave as often. WW of CD and keep your normal rotation up on a primary target if you find it hard not to rage starv on trash.

Deleted
    Fury warriors are crap without good gear. Go arms Untill you get DS gear.
    Dont even attempt PVP.

Deleted
    Warriors tend to get rage starved quickly if you are spamming Cleave/WW that's pretty normal especially with your item level. If you want to do good epeen on trash speccing on Arms is the answer, if you are enjoying Fury more its acceptable to just stay Fury as you get better gear.

ah okay, thank you very much for your replies. i'll test arms until my eq is better!

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    You don't want to go higher than he is (14-15%) without t13 2p bonus, that's just a waste, better to manage your rage well and not to use cleave as often. WW of CD and keep your normal rotation up on a primary target if you find it hard not to rage starv on trash.
    Since rating doesn't grow on trees I was trying to somewhat imply that he just needs a huge amount of better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are wanting endless rage get more hit. Use AskMrRobot.com to help with forging your gear and listing your BIS

There's a discussion on EJ that hitting 19% hit is optimal if you have 2pcT13 and want to use HS a lot more often.

changed to arms and it was a really big difference for me. i have no rage issues at all now.

how good eq do i need to be able to play fury in a good way?

one reason for me testing a warrior was just that dw a 2h was very tempting =)