Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yay another thread for adam! You've almost reached the 500 thread mark
    No you cannot level via class quests only. Common sense answer right?

I wish they would up the pvp experience a bit to be honest.

Although I'm so sick of hutball....

But yeah, I'm a bit tired of the side quests as well.

Deleted
    I'm sick of the grindy side quests and all I'm doing are flashpoints, space missions and class quests. It's slow, but it works.

Class quests only? No way.

Deleted
    To answer your question simply, no. However, I'm currently leveling 2 toons at once and found that you can do just the class quests plus the main story of each planet if you want to do the occasional PVP. If you are like me and stuck playing against pre-mades in huttball constantly then picking up and skipping the dialogue in filler quests within close proximity helps level a toon quickly also.

just for all to know it is physically impossible to lvl with just class quests, you will be so under lvled for them it wont be funny and will cause you to rage.

if you had help theyw ould probably ding you 20 at the most. and by help i mean 1 or 2 different classed people to help you out.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

While it's nice to have the question about whether or not you can level through class quests only, that isn't exactly what was asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Anybody else love the idea if we could level solely by class quests?
    I for one would LOVE to be able to level primarily from my class quests cause after then 6th time through Dromund Kaas I don't particularly care about the lightning spire, rampaging beasts or what Lord Gratham does in his spare time.

If you plan your leveling well, once you're past dromund kass/coruscant you can have nearly all your questing experience be different.

My first toon empire side I took to 50 by doing
    Kaas to 17,
    Balmorra to 25,
    skipping most of nar shaddaa except class quests
    skipping most of tatooine except class quests
    doing everything on alderaan
    doing everything on taris
    doing everything on quesh (short)
    skipping most of hoth
    skipping most of belsavis,
    doing nearly all of voss,
    and doing half of corellia before I hit 50.

I did no pvp leveling, and I ran every flashpoint, but not more than 2 times per FP. I did do ship quests though. On my second toon I'm staying on Kaas as long as I can, skipping most of balmorra, doing nar shadaa and tatooine heavily, probably still taris because it was my fav, etc etc.. basically I'll have only a small amount of overlapping quests. Now once I get to 2 empire/2 republic 50s (if that happens) I'll be looking at a fair bit of repetition. But until then? Not so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    My plan is rather simple to be honest; I don't mind side quests the first time through. Most of the planetary arcs and some of the other side quests are very solid, enjoyable content in their own right. The first time through. So, my first Republic character and my first Sith character get the side quests. All alts will be FP/space/PvP and class quests only.

My friend and I decided to run duo BHs, me as Powertech, him as healing Merc. We decided on only doing class quests, and heroic missions along the way. To keep levels up, when it becomes appropriate, we duo the flashpoint of our level a few times for gear and commendations for the current or next planet, and go from there.

Been fun so far using trial and error to find ways to overcome flashpoints with two companions and some Bounty Hunters.

But I agree, if I see Hutta one more time....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hexify View Post
    Yay another thread for adam! You've almost reached the 500 thread mark
    No you cannot level via class quests only. Common sense answer right?
    Grats on not actually reading the thread

Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Yeah... these "fetch 10 medpacks", "kill 20 droids", "travel to point A, B, C, D, on foot" etc quests are dead and done for - at least for me. Class quests are fine, but it's 2012... do we really need this other crap? Guild Wars 2 can't come soon enough.

How is it that a game like Skyrim never felt tedious, even the side quests... but MMORPGs have to be full of this crap? I'm sure it's all presentation - and it's better in TOR than in WOW... but still.

It's not okay anymore for a video game to only be 50% fun. If it's not 100% fun then it's not worth my time or money.

/endrage
    What is Guild Wars 2 going to do that is different??

From what I've seen it's exactly the same thing .. Except 90% of the time you don't have to pickup the quests from the quest giver. Instead you'll get them automatically when you enter a zone, or phase. But from the few vids I've seen... It's still, "Walk into Area, Quest appears to kill 10 Dogs. Kill 10 Dogs and then you fight big Boss Dog". That's Exactly how the Bonus quests work on SWTOR. I fail to understand how people think that this method used by GW2 and SWTOR's Bonus Quests in "More-Exciting" or remotely different to standard questing .. You're still being forced into Quests and you will be required to do X amount of these to hit a max level.

If you could sit and farm mats and craft things AND gain tons of levels easily via that method, THEN I would happily say that's a different and interesting way of leveling (Or something similar you get my point).

In the End However I like the Linear method involved in SWTOR's Questing system. It's a system that works and Especially in SWTOR it helps you get involved in storylines better.

And to the OP: Like everyone has said, yea pretty sure It's just not possible to level via only Class Quests ... PVP and what not would defs help flesh it out if you enjoy that

Deleted

i'm not asking if it's possible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    Yeah... these "fetch 10 medpacks", "kill 20 droids", "travel to point A, B, C, D, on foot" etc quests are dead and done for - at least for me. Class quests are fine, but it's 2012... do we really need this other crap? Guild Wars 2 can't come soon enough.
    The only difference there is in GW2 is that you can choose if you kill X number of enemies, loot Y item, defeat boss Z,.. You have a bit of an option on which you're doing, but you'll still have these kind of quests.