[TV] - Criminal Minds, CSI, Tru TV

I watch Tru TV a lot and mostly shows that involve homicide investigations and all. To name some shows - The Investigators, Secret Suburbs, Psychic Detectives, Masterminds.

Some of my friends prefer watching Criminal Minds and CSI (Miami/NY) a lot.

We had this debate lately as i said i find watching Tru TV shows interesting cause they are real (in the sense that dramatic events of real life stories). They came back at me saying that, how do i know that any of those stuff are real? and to further saying that those pictures of people and interviews they bring in it maybe scripted aswell. And they even said Series like Criminal Minds and CSI also features real stories sometimes, which might be true. Now i don't watch them not because i personally hate them its just i find watching real life stories interesting.

So i want to know what you guys think. I sometimes feel that Psychics can't exist so i feel that its actually might be scripted.

PS: There was the debate about as whether Criminal Minds or CSI is better aswell, feel free to comment about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Criminal minds and CSI are decent drama's but TruTV is a shithole of bad, bad, bad television. They have the most fake "reality" shows that are just painful to watch.

I like Criminal Minds, not CSI.

That said, both shows are dramas-they sometimes have episodes INSPIRED by real events, but no episode on either show is actually intended to be anything more than a work of fiction.

Fuzzzie's post sums up my views on most TruTV stuff, though the actual real stuff can be interesting sometimes.

Thanks for the replies, i guess i should start watching Criminal Minds then.

Fuzzzie - I didn't know that it was so fake, i mean it didn't seem like that scripted for me atleast. And their slogan says all about your point "Not reality, actuality" lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toothfairy View Post
    Fuzzzie - I didn't know that it was so fake, i mean it didn't seem like that scripted for me atleast. And their slogan says all about your point "Not reality, actuality" lol
    I question any station that has more than 2 shows about towing cars. I think TruTV is up to at least 4.

Deleted
    CSI has been going on wayyyy too long, it feels like I have aready seen everything. And the serial murderers in that series are just too fail save for the Miniature Killer.

Criminal Minds is ok I suppose.

Allegedly I look like Dr. Reid. I get it from just about everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I question any station that has more than 2 shows about towing cars. I think TruTV is up to at least 4.
    Lizard Lick Towing Rocks!

I prefer CSI over Criminal Minds. Mainly because it doesn't take as long to get into. Over both of them though I prefer NCIS.

I watch a bit of trutv, Mostly because my roommate has it on in behind me. I Do enjoy Hardcore Pawn and Full Throttle Saloon. And who can't enjoy laughing at people in World's Dumbest?

Quote Originally Posted by Mass0wnage View Post

I prefer CSI over Criminal Minds. Mainly because it doesn't take as long to get into.
    I found it a lot easier to get into Criminal Minds than CSI. In fact, I still can't get into CSI despite many viewings(most of them time I just end up wanting to backhand one or more of the main characters. Most of the time becomes all of the time if it's an episode of CSI Miami with David Caruso's smarmy smirk). I was into Criminal Minds after a few episodes.

Deleted
    I follow Criminal Minds, one of the few shows I really enjoy and have been since S1 - I used to watch loads of CSI when I still watched TV, but ever since I started putting everything on my computer I've never really bothered. Granted I've thought about doing it a couple times it just doesn't seem worth it, watching like 10 seasons just to catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollandyo View Post
    Allegedly I look like Dr. Reid. I get it from just about everyone.
    That's really relevant.

CSI:NY is a decent detective show.
    CSI:Miami is just there as a vessel for David Caruso One-Liners, Hand-on-Hip poses and Dramatic-taking-off-of-sunglasses scenes.
    Criminal Minds rocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space