Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SarSil View Post
    After passing some time here on the MMO-C forums I find that most users must be investors, not gamers.

A lot of people seem more concerned with how something is selling than with the quality of it.

I'll leave that to EA and BW to care and worry about how much fun I'm having.

Still, the game is "sold out" in origin. It's sold out in most places here in my country, where there isn't even many MMO players...
    I wonder how bad it could be doing...
    I didn't think that SWTOR was released in Portugal yet. Maybe I read that wrong and Portugal was one of the primary release countries.

Quote Originally Posted by IPWNFGZRS View Post
    Could you enlighten us on why you felt forced to post this?
    Amount of sales is a valid concern in mmos, if there aren't many people playing mmos can be less enjoyable. It means less people to quest with, do dungeons with, and in end game less of a pool of people to find good raiders in.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 11:43 AM ----------

Still, the game is "sold out" in origin. It's sold out in most places here in my country, where there isn't even many MMO players...
    I wonder how bad it could be doing...
    I'm not from Germany, but I have heard that it is impossible to find there as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    I didn't think that SWTOR was released in Portugal yet. Maybe I read that wrong and Portugal was one of the primary release countries.
    Yep, it was released. I saw one single copy of it after a few days of it's release. It was the only physical copy I've seen so far.

All my friends pre-ordered it, so it wasn't an issue.
    Last edited by mmocf7632e0726; 2012-01-12 at 04:49 PM.

Sold out around my town as well. That is the Netherlands.

Deleted
    After passing some time here on the MMO-C forums I find that most users must be investors, not gamers.
    Well that's exactly what an MMO player is, an investor. You invest so much time into your characters that you worry if the game won't succeed and all the time you spent is wasted if the game bombs or is shut down. It is also the prime reason it is so hard for so many people to quit an MMO, the single largest contributor to MO addiction is the worry that once it's gone, everything you did was for nothing.

It would be like a footballer training for years and years and then finding out that they had a disease that prevented them from playing ever again. Or someone putting money into a company and them going bust. You have a great sense of loss if you become too attached to the product. For me, having raided in WoW for YEARS, always in a top 200-500 world guild with lots of epics, quitting the game was very hard. Ultimately it was the banality of Cata, and the freshness of SWTOR (and marriage) that changed that. But many people don't have such drivers to take them away from the game they invested so much in.

Thus the success or failure of the game they play is very important to them as they have convinced themselves that they have a lot at stake in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    Well that's exactly what an MMO player is, an investor. You invest so much time into your characters that you worry if the game won't succeed and all the time you spent is wasted if the game bombs or is shut down. It is also the prime reason it is so hard for so many people to quit an MMO, the single largest contributor to MO addiction is the worry that once it's gone, everything you did was for nothing.

It would be like a footballer training for years and years and then finding out that they had a disease that prevented them from playing ever again. Or someone putting money into a company and them going bust. You have a great sense of loss if you become too attached to the product. For me, having raided in WoW for YEARS, always in a top 200-500 world guild with lots of epics, quitting the game was very hard. Ultimately it was the banality of Cata, and the freshness of SWTOR (and marriage) that changed that. But many people don't have such drivers to take them away from the game they invested so much in.

Thus the success or failure of the game they play is very important to them as they have convinced themselves that they have a lot at stake in it.
    Posts like this make me wonder why I spend hours upon hours trying to grind my valor rank.

Bah.

Deleted
    living in the netherlands sold out in my city aswell.
    i find 2mil sales pretty impressive and its not comnined with digital sales like someone said.