Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    my belief is the developers had the same mindset as we players did and that was we could not wait to go dark side. So when the teams split up and developed each side the empire dev's went buck wild while the repub's kept things on task.
    Such terrible flawed logic, they have everything to lose and nothing to gain by doing this. Sorry. YOU think the armor for Jedi looks bad, as a Sith I fucking WISH I could have jedi robes. Sith armor is fugly as sin.

The trooper volley thing doesn't actually start firing until the cast bar is half done, and then it continues channeling when the cast bar goes away. It does not begin channeling as soon as you hit the ability. It has this clunky wind up animation that makes me feel like I am not in control of my character. Are they saying the BH equivalent does not suffer from this? Unbelievable if true.

I've also witnessed a similar bug to the alderaan cannon one, only what I saw was the Empire doing more damage with 1 cannon than Republic did with 2, it was like it was reversed somehow. I'm guessing just a bug that could happen on either side. Give em the benefit of the doubt on that one.

They favour republic as much as blizz favours alliance :O

Quote Originally Posted by bendak View Post
    The trooper volley thing doesn't actually start firing until the cast bar is half done, and then it continues channeling when the cast bar goes away. It does not begin channeling as soon as you hit the ability. It has this clunky wind up animation that makes me feel like I am not in control of my character. Are they saying the BH equivalent does not suffer from this? Unbelievable if true.

I've also witnessed a similar bug to the alderaan cannon one, only what I saw was the Empire doing more damage with 1 cannon than Republic did with 2, it was like it was reversed somehow. I'm guessing just a bug that could happen on either side. Give em the benefit of the doubt on that one.
    I take it the Empire mirror is death from above, an over powered AoE ability that rocks socks. It has the same delay about, 1/2 the cast bar is the BH jetpacking into the air.

Having played a sage, my project has stopped some one from capping before it hit them.
    And I've had the exact opposite happen. I need to use my pebbles in order to stop close caps, because project has a delay. It has a delay. Don't kid yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    And I've had the exact opposite happen. I need to use my pebbles in order to stop close caps, because project has a delay. It has a delay. Don't kid yourself.
    Doesn't for me, sorry.

One the game has haste. The skill delay people keep bitching about in the game are that some of animations are fast but the skill time is the same as the rep/sith so it looks like your spell went off then hit the target. You don't have a combat log so you have no idea when what was hit and how long it took to show up on target. so sadly the animation and the hit of a spell in swtor are not the same thing nor is it instant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I Remember Back in Aion, More people were Elyos "The Alliance" And the Asmodian were given an exp bonus to try to keep them playing.
    Since the game was all about pvp, pvp battles to get towers to unlock dungeons and raids, or buffs.

Maybe republic will be the underdog in swtor.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 06:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Masterpd85 View Post
    ive played both sides and I'll agree, I can see where time and effort has been made on the counter-class on the empire side as opposed to the republic version; even in some of the armor detailing. (exp: jedi's get brown robes, siths get crazy armor varrying from darth vader-like to some orc-like armor)

Also the exact spell copies for both sides are not exact copies and republic version of the spells are half-assed at times.

my belief is the developers had the same mindset as we players did and that was we could not wait to go dark side. So when the teams split up and developed each side the empire dev's went buck wild while the repub's kept things on task.
    There was a big debate in my little guild about this topic.
    People who were playing sage said Sith side sorcerer was more powerful.

The argument came to a draw between it really was op, and that maybe people who were sith could be evil and maim and murder things just felt more op then it was.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 06:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    One the game has haste. The skill delay people keep bitching about in the game are that some of animations are fast but the skill time is the same as the rep/sith so it looks like your spell went off then hit the target. You don't have a combat log so you have no idea when what was hit and how long it took to show up on target. so sadly the animation and the hit of a spell in swtor are not the same thing nor is it instant.
    Skill delay ppl qq about is not related to haste, an instant skill should hit instantly but several times my skill animation freezes up and i do no damage during that time.
    There is a delay sometimes doing a rotation one way but then a skill delay some other times.

The ui is slow we all feel it especially in motion and ranged combat.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Project's damage is registered before you see the thing hit it and see the HP move from the health bar. Go ahead, try using it on something that will get 1 shot, notice how it doesnt move? Notice how if it is the last thing that kills you, you you just stand there until the thing hits you? That's because you are already dead, even if the damage doesn't display, you are registered as taking the hit.

As for the Scoundrel/Op healing, they both have the 30% Bonus, the Scoundrel Tool tip has a typo.

The only valid one is the nut kick for scoundrel making you stop, and the flash bomb.

"Hi guys,

A little bit of an update on this.

The way it looks is that the 'Accomplished' ability issue is just a typo, the data underlying the abilities is identical. Scoundrel's Accomplished Sawbones is 5/10/15 in the tooltip, the IA's is 10/20/30 (both are actually 10/20/30 behind the scenes). We're obviously fixing the typo.

The flash grenade cooldown being unmirrored is a legitimate bug and rather embarrassing oversight (sorry about that guys) that is going to be fixed.

-- Georg"

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...18#edit1347418

Having played a sage, my project has stopped some one from capping before it hit them.
    I've played both Jedi and Sith at low levels, and seen shock vs project. The damage might be the same but the stun effect does go faster on a Sith..by about .5 seconds. You can make a low level and try it out yourself, it only takes 5-10 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Seen that happen with republic too, it happens some times with the second turret being taken, regardless of faction. That's just simple game mechanic bug.

But please, alow me to adorn my tinfoil hat.
    So I'm past valor rank 50 now, as a Republic player. Voidstar & Alderaan are the main warzones I get. I've never, not ONCE in the entire time I've being done the warzone seen the early tick the other way around. Always that first tick goes instant for Empire, and normal duration for Republic. And I've been watching it like a hawk since the 3rd day of prerelease when I caught wind of it. It's never been the tipping point of a match or anything, but it's definitely there and it's not going both ways.

"Its all been debunked blah blah blah!" Anyone saying that is just lying because they play imp and want to keep there asinine advantages.

Sorry Twiddly, I play both factions, I honestly dont see a difference in the BH and the trooper. I have not started on my Jedi yet so I don't feel qualified to comment, but all the BH/Trooper crap is false.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    Yeah I play a shadow, ran into an Assassin the other day. I was kicking his ass, about to finish with a project, but he vanished, rock floats in air, does nothing. I eventually killed him after chasing him and knocking him out of stealth with an AOE, but still retarded that project just stops working, if it was instant, he'd been dead then instead of a minute later or if in WZ, gets help from someone else in that time or healed.
    hehe thats kind of funny, i know it looks stupid the rock stops in mid air, but atleast the Vanish WORKED!. unlike WoWs where even to this day still doesn't work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    hehe thats kind of funny, i know it looks stupid the rock stops in mid air, but atleast the Vanish WORKED!. unlike WoWs where even to this day still doesn't work correctly.
    My rogues vanish works 100 times better than my Shadow's. 90% of the time I'm thrown right back in combat and out of stealth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Hey fellow Champions,

The official PvP forums are ablaze with threads like these. This one (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=101553) is a proper read.

What do you guys think? Does Bioware favor the Empire side, how childish it may sound? Some of those differences are properly documented, especially the Project one. More than half of them were points of critique I have been reading throughout the beta, yet did not get addressed.

From a PvE standpoint, this doesn't matter much. But in PvP, working with a mirror system, some differences between skills or even talents (Scoundrel vs. Operative healing crit) are unacceptable, most of all the occasions where Ability X for the Empire class is instant, both in damage and/or effect, while the Republic equivalent requires an animation, travel time or requires you to stand still. These could be important details in a PvP match. I can imagine a Sage wanting to disrupt a turret or bomb cap, and missing because his Project has to travel for about a second, where the Sorc her Shock gets applied instantly is a matter of concern.
    the game isnt wow, i dont see why the classes have to be complete mirrors

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 09:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddly View Post
    "Its all been debunked blah blah blah!" Anyone saying that is just lying because they play imp and want to keep there asinine advantages.
    someone doesnt know what asinine means lololol

Pink lightsabers. Players got owned. lol

Then there's the "backhand stun." I've got this great image of Han Solo charging through the Death Star blasting stormtroopers while the thrilling John Williams score is playing. Suddenly the music stops as someone opens a door and slaps him in the mouth. Then Han Solo stands there like a dumbass for three seconds while the stormtroopers take aim...

Such adventure. lol I'll pass.
    A mechanical squirrel with a Vial of Shadows could launch a solo assault on Lordaeron and probably make it to the throne room.

As a fucking Bounty Hunter on the Empire side, a lot of Republic CC's continue to work on me, even when my resolve bar is filled. It takes me 8 seconds to cap in Alderaan. My Unload suffers from pushback, just like Full Auto.

So much QQ when you're getting your asses handed to you. It was the same in WoW, it'll be the same here. "I just lost 10 in a row! It can't be because I suck, and because the people on my team suck. It.. it's the game! Right! The other side has.. they have game-breaking advantages! Yeah! That has to be it.."
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Most of this stuff has been completely debunked. And there are even a few favors for the Republic side!

Smuggler stays down in cover when he casts charged burst. The IA stands up from cover when he uses Snipe (mirror to CB). The smuggler, because he stays in a crouched position, doesnt take damage and avoids CCs. While the IA has a giant bullseye on his chest. This applies to natural cover, and not the portable cover/crouch. It also also childishly easy to test, if you dont believe me. Just roll a Smuggler and an IA, Snipe and Charged Burs are lv1 class abilities. Go try it out on some mobs.

And i think Sorcs had an issue with their companion being "sacrificed" for a defensive cooldown, where the Sage counterpart offered a flat 50% dmg reduction without being killed off.

I do not know if these have been addressed in recent patches, maybe ill test the Charged Burst one just for giggles and make a ticket if its still bugged.

Amazing read. I knew the animation system interfered with some abilities I just never realized how one sided it was. I doubt it was intention but still. That is just shameful.
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

I think they tried to balance mirror classes overall, instead of skill-by-skill. Some things proved more noticeable in PvP than others.

However, I think the crux of the matter is that the Empire side is more popular than the Republic side. There are a variety of reasons for this, and I'd rather not turn this into the standard, "all the X play on Y side, because of Z."

The more people on the Empire side, the more 50s there are on Empire side. The more 50s there are on Empire side, the more 50s to go around in PvP. This caused people on the Empire side to have an advantage in farming PvP gear early on, because 50s generally outperform lower levels a majority of the time. Level 50s also tend to PvP more, because they are rather limited in things to do at max level while waiting for everyone to catch up. Anyway, the Empire gained an average level advantage, tipping wins in their favor and speeding up the gear farming process.

I don't think I need to explain the imbalance between PvP geared 50s and everyone else. Also, there are morale problems on the Republic side, while this is all going on. People tend to leave games quickly, and cycling players in and out really doesn't help win games.

It's little things here and there that snowballed into our current PvP situation. It certainly doesn't help that mirror classes aren't exactly the same, but it really is a combination of things that led to this. As some players will tell you, their server has Republic winning a majority of the time. This further leads me to believe that its the side with the higher population that has an easier time farming PvP gear and is able to dominate the other side.