Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zakaluka View Post
    I am curious what your reasoning is.

In 25, riding out damage spikes revolves around chaining cooldowns, so you can itemize around efficiency and the size of your mana pool.

In 10, you still have to heal out all the same damage spikes but have fewer CDs to assist you. You're forced to itemize around burst HPS. If you don't, you're forcing someone else to.

Haste is more valuable in 10 than in 25, effic stats are more valuable in 25 than in 10.

Shielding enough to give mst a high value is silly. You literally need >50% pw:S + aegis. How much spirit do you have to carry? 2800? How much more throughput could you get by valuing haste higher and then being able to dump an extra 1k spirit into crit? Yeah, there are people that make this work, even in very top guilds. But it's not working well for them for the reasons you're thinking. It's because of precasting.

If a mst heavy itemization is topping meters for you due to aegis -- well, you massively outgear the encounter, and you're topping the meter because of a gimmick.

Come on, this topic is so old by now ><
    Actually you can argue that the fact that you have fewer ppl to heal in a 10 man that the value of haste is diminished because you need fewer heals to to get everyone in the raid up. No amount of haste can allow a disc priest to heal through some of the burst damage in H DS. To accomplish this you need to use your PW:S as a burst healing mechanic to mitigate that damage. This raises the value of Mastery due to the amount of absorb damage.

Spirit should be a non-issue this tier. On my priest I've reforged out of spirit on all of my gear and I'm still in the 2800 range.

The only fight that really could be considered Haste > Mastery would be H Ultra. Other than that you need a healthy amount of both to be successful.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    Actually you can argue that the fact that you have fewer ppl to heal in a 10 man that the value of haste is diminished because you need fewer heals to to get everyone in the raid up. No amount of haste can allow a disc priest to heal through some of the burst damage in H DS. To accomplish this you need to use your PW:S as a burst healing mechanic to mitigate that damage. This raises the value of Mastery due to the amount of absorb damage.

Spirit should be a non-issue this tier. On my priest I've reforged out of spirit on all of my gear and I'm still in the 2800 range.

The only fight that really could be considered Haste > Mastery would be H Ultra. Other than that you need a healthy amount of both to be successful.
    this ^

25 man cannot be compared to 10 man in terms of stats, just because you have different setups.
    Don't get me wrong, I have played 25 man for over 4 years, I've only currently switched to 10 mans, so I have no judgement 10 vs. 25.

It's just that mastery scales much better in 10 mans, by the exact reason the poster above me explained.
    Crit? Nice, if you can hit 5 groups with it. Which we don't have. 2 groups diminishes the value.
    Haste? Great, but groups sometimes are at 100% HP.
    Mastery? YES fullout absorb increase = less damage to heal when it actually comes.

Spirit is not what we're talking about here. Actuallly, I'm even reforging away from every inch of spirit I get.

We are currently progressing on 10 man HC, and I run with 20/21% mastery (just got gear switched), 14% haste, 15% crit and 2200 spirit orso.

You musn't forget though that each guild handles raiding differently. In my guild, we run with me (disc) and a Shaman healing. We both do alot of raid healing AND tank healing, neither of us is specified to a specific role. In my case, I am mostly raid healing whilst using shield + Pom on MT. This means that I have ALOT of benefit from mastery, seeing as 20/25% of my healing is usually from POH, then another 30% from divine aegis, and maybe 10/15% from shield. Sometimes it differs ofcourse, depending on the fight.

How the guild uses your spec should also be considered when gearing for certain stats.
    Last edited by mmoc42640155aa; 2012-01-17 at 01:16 PM.

Hey,

I am currently progressing on spine heroic guild is at 6/8 hc at the moment. I reforge all the spirit I can from my gear into haste and mastery. I aim for 19% haste w/o buff (I have 2454 instead if speccing into darkness I just reforged my spirit and took reduced CD on fiend, its pretty nice to pop on the tendons for just that little bit extra) so raid buffed I am at 25% raid buffed for 2 second cast on longer cast spells (GH/PoH).

After that I have reforged spirit all into mastery (1634 mastery). After all this reforging I ended up with 1975 spirit. and I'm in ilvl 397, using 2 pieces of LFR gear (have 4 set). though I could be using 2 set of 12 and 13 and have 399 ilvl but I would not be able to get so much haste or possibly not use my DW mace in favor of a haste MH.

I haven't had a problem from having my gear the way it is, in fact I am still the most mana efficient of the healers on our team.

Eventually though I am going to have enough haste for 1.9 sec casts and GCD cap after shielding due to BT. (My stats would be something like 2.8k haste, 2.1k mastery and 2.4k spirit but this will be full heroic gear).

So I try to go for as much of both as I can with certain % of haste. Low gear I guess is the only reason you wouldn't go for both.