Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Writhes View Post
    If you think a funeral is bad there maybe you should think about the prisons. I hear people go insane in their prisons.
    People go insane in prison. That's shocking.

Here's a thought: every piece of media you hear about North Korea is filtered and molded by capitalists to create negative opinion of a region, to obtain this myth of "public opinion" that is based on propaganda. My family works in the DMZ between N/S Korea and this shit is so completely blown out of proportion it's lewd.

Have you ever taken a look at news footage of people crying and thanking god that some shithead of minor importance was nominated or giving a speech in the usa? Say, at a primary or a convention? Wow, this is no different. Except instead of a network of politicians working together to ensure the rich stay rich and the poor stay poor, we have a dictator in n korea. Let me guess. If people had voted for him it would be "better"?

Quote Originally Posted by frott View Post
    I'd say that's a pretty good deterrent against terrorism, wouldn't you?

The non-terrorists, aka 99.99999999% of the population, don't give a shit about this. Extending this into some sort of idealist liberty argument is useless.
    Thank you.

@ssyy

i get what you mean, but a country did that recently and it lasted 10 years and got criticized to hell about it. plus the world economy is in the shitter right now and not many countries can afford to help. i know parts of Europe and the North America are in pretty bad shape.
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

And for some reason I am not surprised...
    Krakshot - MM Hunter
    Humiliation - Prot/Holy Paladin
    Purification - Disc/Holy Priest

Originally posted by someone or the other :
    Don't try and make sense of a game that sends you dragons in the mail

Kim jong is killing off his OWN race through starvation diseases poverty and bullets

Deleted
    im happy im not there..

im glad to be living in sweden...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy1346 View Post
    at least you can express how you feel about the U.S here. people may or may not share your opinion but at least you wont get killed for it or thrown into labor camps ^^
    Thats what I'm saying. However we are slowly losing our freedoms in exchange for "security" but in reality its just the ever slow change from a democracy into whatever it may become.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kesolovac View Post
    TBH... I feel sorry for those people, but I see no reason to get upset about it, it doesn't affect me directly (this may seem selfish) but if you start thinking like that, then there are countless problems to be solved on others behalf, and that's just not possible.
    "It's fine as long as it's not happening in my country, right?"

But yes, you are correct, or at least I would be inclined to agree with you, that there are other things in the world we have to worry about, and this isn't something that we can hope to change at the moment.

It's terrible, but not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhes View Post
    Well unlike Hitler Kim Jong un wasn't killing an entire race off...

Also war is a scary thing these days especially against a technologically advanced foe...
    Technically he's killing off N. Koreans if you believe the propaganda fully.

The end-game of all of this is a unified world. The question is, when it boils down to a handful of superpowers, what will the systems be? If you think its free-market, democratic capitalism then LOL.

My opinion is that it will be some form of power-elite dictatorship with a false democracy, bail-out capitalism. Which is also what I think it is in the USA right now.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Hitler was a good leader and respected in a sense before he started off a big War.

And Death camps were not real. They were labour camps for pow.

It would be impossible to slave a huge population from a country. It seems very logical that you would have to cut off large portion of it or it would be too expensive... With that said I have no doubt that many people were in fact exterminated and the people that could work were kept...
    Last edited by Writhes; 2012-01-12 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that's a pretty good deterrent against terrorism, wouldn't you?

The non-terrorists, aka 99.99999999% of the population, don't give a shit about this. Extending this into some sort of idealist liberty argument is useless.
    Because violating the constitution is acceptable if its to deter terrorism, right? No. It is blatantly unconstitutional, along with the SOPA that is coming to debate. As an American you are GUARANTEED due process by the constitution and now by just saying "you're a terrorist" you can be detained indefinitely? Fuck that. People need to stop being subjugated to the doctrine that is to sit passively and vote on stuff that you don't even read. Being passive and losing you're rights is akin to being a sheep in the herd. People need to stand up and say fuck that. I'm surprised the bill even passed since Obama said he would veto it but didnt.

---------- Post added 2012-01-12 at 08:30 PM ----------

Technically he's killing off N. Koreans if you believe the propaganda fully.

The end-game of all of this is a unified world. The question is, when it boils down to a handful of superpowers, what will the systems be? If you think its free-market, democratic capitalism then LOL.

My opinion is that it will be some form of power-elite dictatorship with a false democracy, bail-out capitalism. Which is also what I think it is in the USA right now.
    Sadly, I agree with this.

Herald of the Titans
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    :\

when they showed the mourners on the news they all looked like they were faking it. the news report about it on BBC was hilarious, some of the worst fake crying i have ever seen.
    but what do you expect from North korea, and how are they going to find out who didn't mourn him?
    easily.. just round up random people and publicly kill them until Noob jong il gets bored and moves onto something else!
    the most beautiful post I have ever read.. thank you Dr-1337 http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post22624432

Im glad i live in America, definitely wouldnt want to live in NK

Deleted
    I'd really love to meet whoever is enforcing that re-education camp thingy....To f****** smahs his head into a wall and flamethrower his balls if he ever had any!

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleaned up a number of derailing posts. Stick to the OP or don't post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Cleaned up a number of derailing posts. Stick to the OP or don't post.
    Can I make a new threat dicussing hitler or will I get banned or thread locked?

Deleted

topics about WW2/hitler tend to turn into flame fests and get locked.

15+ Year Old Account
    For what purpose? WW2 has been discussed to death on these forums. Send me a PM. No more derailments.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    yeah... it's unbelievable that such place exist in 2012...
    damn that little fly!!

sadness is mandatory, citizen?

this is entirely unsuprising though. looks like the apple didnt fall far from the tree.

I'm not surprised. It's terrible that such a place still exists in this time. North Korea is the kind of place Nineteen Eighty-Four warned you about.