Deleted

And i was promised an AoE, not "Cone of Cold" ability

Trying out some Exotic pets and i saw the Froststorm Breath ability that Chimeras could cast.
    I went to try it out on several "AoE" packs in Icecrown and according to the ability:
    "Froststorm damage every 2 sec for 8 sec to to all enemies within 12 yards."
    And since it says "all enemies within 12 yards." every npc should be damaged like an mind sear for example.

It's quite logical that a breath is usually a cone of element casted infront of the caster, but if the ability says "all enemies", then it should be all enemies.
    Last edited by mmoc9f334f0b5a; 2012-02-26 at 02:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    so you're saying froststorm breath only affects one person not all? interesting find
    Total Honorable Kills - 46,552
    Total Killing blows - 43,116
    Total deaths - 3,164

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I think he is saying it's frontal cone, not AoE.

Actually, he doesn't say anything.

"The tooltip says so-and-so" and "it would be logical if it were so-and-so", but there's no clue what the results of his experiment have been or how it really works.

its aoe sucks. i remember trying it on heroic rhyolith adds, and it barely hit any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    It has always been a cone. Why would it not be a cone? Unless somehow chimera can fart frostbolts, I don't see it being a "frost hellfire" like you want. At most, I can see it change to a ground-targeted channeled Blizzard effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Then use a Worm, Burrow attack is a usual Aoe like Blizzard, except for the CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil View Post
    Actually, he doesn't say anything.

"The tooltip says so-and-so" and "it would be logical if it were so-and-so", but there's no clue what the results of his experiment have been or how it really works.
    The title of the thread says it. "Expected AoE, not Cone of Cold" I swear, people find something to bitch about and this time it's your own damn fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    It has always been a cone. Why would it not be a cone? Unless somehow chimera can fart frostbolts, I don't see it being a "frost hellfire" like you want. At most, I can see it change to a ground-targeted channeled Blizzard effect.
    This sums it up right here lol. Although I can see the poor wording of the tooltip

Use a worm.

The problem is that on the 4.3 PTR, the Chimaera's Froststorm Breath was changed to work like a channeled radius AoE akin to Hellfire. This change didn't appear to make it live and is still using the old functionality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    The problem is that on the 4.3 PTR, the Chimaera's Froststorm Breath was changed to work like a channeled radius AoE akin to Hellfire. This change didn't appear to make it live and is still using the old functionality.
    Was it supposed to? Is this another hunter bug we're finding out about?

Just the wording of the tooltip that's poor if it says it will damage all enemies within 12 yards.
    Cone of Cold is still an AOE even if it's just a frontal cone type of AOE.

the official 4.3 patch notes say:

Froststorm Breath now does approximately 20% more damage, and has an increased area of effect.

I don't know if that was changed from something else earlier, but it doesn't imply necessarily that it's a circular AOE, just that the area of it's AOE was increased. But if it was working as a circular AOE on the PTR and changed, that'd be interesting to bring up as to why they thought it necessary to change it back to a frontal cone.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    the official 4.3 patch notes say:

Froststorm Breath now does approximately 20% more damage, and has an increased area of effect.

I don't know if that was changed from something else earlier, but it doesn't imply necessarily that it's a circular AOE, just that the area of it's AOE was increased. But if it was working as a circular AOE on the PTR and changed, that'd be interesting to bring up as to why they thought it necessary to change it back to a frontal cone.
    It functioned as an proximity based AoE on the 4.3 PTR. That's where the issues come in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation