Questions on my survivability.

Hello there!

I had picked up tanking a few months back when our OT decided to go on vacation and then never return to the game, deciding to throw the OT position to me. (It is his Real Life so I'm not upset at him like that probably sounds). I've gotten the gear now, and I think that I have became very skilled in tanking. But on some fights, or even I was thinking with some healers even though I NEVER blame healers unless they are really bad, I have been struggling to stay up.

Now I know that DKs are prone to spikey damage, but the damage I am taking is consistent through the hole entire fight. So I have come here asking for some pointers on what I'm doing wrong with me gear and spec. A few things to note, I am the OT for a 10 man team, we don't get very far into DS but I love my guild, so I am sticking through it. I run A LOT of 5-mans because, we don't have a lot of tanks and no one likes to deal with pugs. And I am very open to constructive criticism so please try to keep it On-Topic.

------>http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/shuhalo/Rawknight/simple<----------- Armory Link Apparently this doesn't become a URL for some odd reason...I guess copy and past.

I am looking forward to hearing from you!
    I have a policy about honesty and ass kicking, if you ask for it, i will give it to you

A log of the fights you're doing would be far more helpful than a gear evaluation could ever be, as we could see what's actually happening and what you're actually doing. Fixing your gear isn't going to suddenly fix your survivability problems. You can make an account on World of Logs and follow the procedure to upload a raid log and that would be great.

That being said, there's no reason to not look at your gear anyway, so, yeah.

Glyphs: for single target, Glyph of RS will provide more damage than Glyph of HS

Spec: Drop a point out of BCB and move it into SoB. 2/3 SoB is a tremendous gain from 1/3 SoB. 2/3 SoB actually does either more or about the same DPS as 3/3 BCB, but adds to your survivability. If you choose to leave the other 2 talents in BCB, that's fine, but the talent is pretty lackluster. I maxed out Butchery instead of it, but that's also not that great.

Gear/gems/enchants/reforging are fine.

Again, a log would be the most beneficial to us (and you). None of those changes above are really even going to affect your survivability that much at all to the extent where you would notice it immediately.

Other than what SSHA778 pointed out about BCB, your talents and gear look fine. It's probably something wrong with your play.
    Check out www.worldoflogs.com and set something up to log the next time your in DS. It could be a case of you not RuneStriking enough so not enough death strikes, or maybe your spending death runes on heart strikes and that would be bad.
    Because of our spike damage, tanking as a DK can be "interesting". It could also be your healers. One of the funny things about dk tanking though is that our damage is not consistent. We might have a shield, we might not, we might have a huge shield, we might have a minimun sheild. You mention your damage is consistent, but that would be incorrect.

Unlike other tanks, we have tools to help us react to our inconsistent damage faster than a healer can. So if your not using those tools correctly, your kinda going to die.
    The more of my behavior you accept, the less you will have to forgive.