Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Am I the only one who wants to kill their companion?

My main is a merc; Mako is annoying at times but fine... but recently started leveling a sage and and Qyzen needs to die. I want to take all my points and shove them up his @$(@$( and tell the scorekeeper to blow me.

I hate when I try to click on a node and he runs in front so I click him instead of the damn plan/box/scrap/whatever... he loves to stand in fire... he will only use a weapon that just dosent exist in the game; may as well make him only use sling and pebbles... and just now I was running on a ledge... HIS ass falls off; aggos all the mobs around and wipes me.

I want him to die.

I feel the same about Malavi Quinn. I have the misfortune of having this incompetent boob as a healer companion; except that he refuses to actually utilize his healing abilities on me, electing to waste time by auto-shooting through the whole fight. So no, you are not the only one who wishes death upon their companions.
    9 out of 10 people agree that in a room full of 10 people one person will always disagree with the other 9.

Quinn's problem is that if you're out of range of his healing he'll just shoot instead of moving up closer. He is also pretty lazy with line of sight....

I managed to get him to heal most of the time by moving a bit closer before I force charge so he's in range. Bastard has caused me several deaths....

Deleted
    Doesn't really have to do with specific companions, but the scripts companions have in general. They need refining ^^

Qyzen hasn't caused me nearly as much trouble as you make it sound like, I used him lovingly until I got Iresso whom I only switched to because he talks more :P

Weird most companions work fine to me. If you jump off a cliff yourself they respawn next to you, although it takes a little while sometimes. Never do they pull aggro on me unless I click "attack" either, but I am a Jedi Shadow, so I usually try not to run in unstealthed between elites, etc.

Qyzen did annoy me quite a bit though as his settings reset everytime he dies for some bloody reason. Which means he would spam aoe when you mind maze an elite and forget about that little problem there. I never have that issue as often with Cedrax or Grell. They are both pretty perfect in their use of skills and remembering settings you decide. Qyzen has been permanently benched as follows. Nadia and Zenith's voice acting are miles above most characters in the game while Cedrax is either charming or an eyesore depending on your mood. His little holoimage Holiday is good though and Cedrax use it to help me interrupt a cast on an elite or keep a mob off himself without me having to decide it for him. The AI is sometimes very good in TOR.

In short: I would actually disagree with Deylana on this as the companions do seem to have individual faults, mostly connected to memory of settings when it comes to abilities, or more generally with pathing (which I have never experienced I think). There's certainly a huge difference in how Qyzen fuck things up while Cedrax can even interrupt a cast for me when my interrupts are spent.

Granted, I could easily bypass Qyzen faults by not relying on the AI but that would be a little too much of an annoyance for me, beyond the whole "go passive" mode or use on long cd ability.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-13 at 12:54 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

I am playing a Bounty Hunter Powertech and ever since I got my starship I want to kill that freakin droid!

I want to take it apart, turn it into bolts and pieces and then hide them in the deepest corner of the galaxy so none can find it and put it back together ...

"Ohh I am a droid master" Agrr, it's driving me crazy

10+ Year Old Account
    Their AI needs a bit of work. Khem Val will always return to me if I switch targets instead of going directly to the target. He also seems to be really slow and take his time to think about what i want him to attack.

Republic droid comment: your crew seems to be.. putting on a little weight? Should I change you diet, Sir? (roughly what he says, I lolled)

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Their AI needs a bit of work. Khem Val will always return to me if I switch targets instead of going directly to the target. He also seems to be really slow and take his time to think about what i want him to attack.
    How is your healer version? Mine is perfect in terms of AI, Qyzen though does some weird stuff from time to time. And then there is this whole inability they all have to realize that they are too far away to farm a node unless you click it while they stand next to you. >_>

I'd like to kill a couple of mine... That C2 for instance. I'm not too fond of Tanno Vik or Yuun either.

Early early early in beta you could actually kill off your companions, or even imprison them on your ship.

I'm wondering as expansions roll on and we get more companions, if there will be optional points in the story where we might have to pick the fate of one of our companions, as a way of not having way too many, keeping a balance per say.

The only companion I've actively disliked so far is Theran Cedrax or however its spelled. Consular companion. The sentient hologram he carries around is more interesting and likeable than he is.
    Yub Yub

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashuruk View Post
    Quinn's problem is that if you're out of range of his healing he'll just shoot instead of moving up closer. He is also pretty lazy with line of sight....

I managed to get him to heal most of the time by moving a bit closer before I force charge so he's in range. Bastard has caused me several deaths....
    I can't believe I only noticed this with Doc (Jedi Knight companion) today.I only noticed because he seemed to be spazz running back and forth and I wasn't getting healed.Gonna save me a fair few deaths from now on

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    The only companion I've actively disliked so far is Theran Cedrax or however its spelled. Consular companion. The sentient hologram he carries around is more interesting and likeable than he is.
    You are talking about Holiday, yes you are. That said, he is the only character of the Consular's companion's who are inbetween dark and light. Some say it is Zenith but Zenith rest heavily on the dark side in some decisions while Tharan Cedrax switch back and forth a lot according to his own interests. Add Holiday and he is easily a likeable character, also the best for any melee based Shadow. That's not even debatable.

I personally like KIRA the best I don't think I have any problems except she gets stuck when i jump off stuff or go on elevators but the game just teleports her to me so no problem .

I've noticed when I force leap into battle with Doc out, he will sit back where I jumped from and just shoot. But if I run in and body pull mobs, he will heal me. Strange. Also yeah, the issues with elevators/ledges defeating companions is silly. Doc is the only one I've had trouble with (unfortunately also the one I use the most (Jedi Knight)). Kira sometimes likes to jump off into a different group. >< That's about all.

15+ Year Old Account
    My operatives companions are all awesome.

In fact, EVERYTHING about the imperial agent is awesome.

I like all my companions, theran cedrax prob my fav, holiday is amazingly useful in boss fights for that nice extra interrupt or an extra stun or sap if you accidently pull another group. well there is one companion i hate.. that's the droid on my ship

Deleted
    i want to Nail Kira.... best i got

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deluhathol View Post
    I am playing a Bounty Hunter Powertech and ever since I got my starship I want to kill that freakin droid!

I want to take it apart, turn it into bolts and pieces and then hide them in the deepest corner of the galaxy so none can find it and put it back together ...

"Ohh I am a droid master" Agrr, it's driving me crazy
    When I send my ship droid for missions, he claims that he "improved" upon my expectations when he actually fails the damn mission. Not to mention dusting the pillows that doesn't exist...Yeah, it is my least favorite companion which I really want to melt down!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got married to mako last night!
    Auburn Tigers 2010 National Champions

You all realize that if you disable all your healer companions dps skills, they will do nothing but spam heals on you, and move into range if they are out of it?

Not saying the AI is perfect, or even good at times, but there are ways around it.