10+ Year Old Account
    sorc

/10 chars

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    sorc

/10 chars
    Ah. I figured. He's a lot less broken for Assassin, believe it or not. Not perfect, but then, neither is Mako (she really, really likes to stand in fire). Nonetheless they're the best of the bunch, which should say a lot about how much companion AI needs improvement.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    He's a lot less broken for Assassin, believe it or not.
    BAH yet another reason to go assassin.

Quote Originally Posted by Varix View Post
    One companion:

Yuun.

God the way he communicates/looks annoys me to no end.
    I love Yuun, he's a Ninja Fly thing... Whats not to love? Admittedly I have next to no affection with him so I have no idea of his story outside the Hoth portion of the class quest.

I'd have to agree with C2-N2 though, makes me feel bad everytime I get on my ship but then I found out he had Healnades and he became awesome for a few hours now I just want to jettison out the air lock or sell him to the Jawas for scrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Eversi View Post
    I've had all his DPS skills disabled (besides carb beam) since about 25~. I'm now 50 and more often than not, he will stay out of range and shoot rather than follow me in when I force leap and heal me.

Also Doc proposed to me at around 9200 affection, and it was a dark side choice to marry him. Very sad right now (Didn't accept but didn't break off the relationship). My roommate on the other hand proposed to Kira and didn't receive any dark side points, and is now married. Whyyyyyyyyy?
    While they will just sit there and shoot, if you select yourself and select one of their heals, it will force them to try and cast it, and as such, move into a position where they can, and then from that point, they will continue as per usual, healing as necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only one I want to kill is 2V-R8, his voice and dialogue just drive me insane, every time I go to my ship or send him away on a crew skill just.. ugh *shiver*

Qyzen is quite annoying since for some reason he always resets his aoe ability to active, I think he even does this when you 'zone' to say your ship or another planet. It also is really bad that he uses heavy ranged armor as a melee character, like they changed him from a ranged tank 'half way' so that they could make him use a weapon that practically doesn't exist. I mean, would it be so difficult to let him use all non-lightsaber melee weapons, not just techblades.

<Spoilers ahead>

I found Nadia quite annoying from the start, primarily since when you first get her and fight that dark jedi, when you select the 'we aren't going to kill him' option she is all like 'F**k you' and wastes him. I don't think I have come across any other instances where your companions go all rogue like that and just ignore your storyline choice. If they did want to have your companions randomly do the complete opposite of what you tell them to do in dialogue options, there should at least be some sort of follow up to it.

Oh and also she likes to run into the middle of packs of mobs and get herself killed since she is a glass cannon.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want Elara to STOP DPSING and heal me.

I've turned all of her attacks off and she still only heals me when she feels like it. I really, really do not want to have to waste 3-4 more precious keybinds to her shit, but it's looking like I'm going to have to. She will auto-attack forever. She'll throw a HoT on me the INSTANT I take damage and then let me get to 12% before starting the next heal. She'll sometimes not heal me at all. So damn annoying.
    EverQuest, City of Heroes, Star Wars Galaxies, EverQuest II, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars, Star Wars TOR, Guild Wars 2, Rift.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    The only companion I've actively disliked so far is Theran Cedrax or however its spelled. Consular companion. The sentient hologram he carries around is more interesting and likeable than he is.
    Totally agree. Holiday was awesome.

OT: There is an option if your prefer to do the node mining yourself. I toggled that ages ago.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal View Post
    but recently started leveling a sage and and Qyzen needs to die.
    Oh boy, wait till you meet the waste of oxygen that is Theran :P My only problem with Qyzen has been him breaking CC because he keeps turning his aoe back on. Similarly, my Smuggler's Corso keeps turning his harpoon thing (that pulls mobs to him) back on. I do hope they fix that soon.

Oh and if your Sage is female... *shudder* Theran's gross.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 12:56 AM ----------

My highest is my Jedi Sage at 40, but I have a few low-level alts too.

I hate hate hate Theran. He's just insufferable. Yeah I guess his CC ability is useful, but I'm able to heal, so I've almost never used him. I'm annoyed that he's one of the female love interests. Why him and not Zenith? Ugh. My Twi'lek Jedi's love will continue unrequited for now.

Lt Iresso is really bland and generic so far. Maybe once I talk to him more I'll like him, but he just randomly moved into my ship and started eating all my food and drinking all my sodas.

I can't stand Corso's VA, and he's a little bit too goody-goody for how I want to play my Smuggler. He's always buzzkilling me when I try to flirt with male NPCs or refuse to help orphans or something.

My Sith Inquisitor I'm playing full-Lightside, and Khem Val disapproves of EVERYTHING I do. I think I'm below 200 approval on him. I don't care, that jerk keeps threatening to eat me. I also really dislike how his armor doesn't show on him, I know it's a stylistic choice but it bugs me.

Zenith is definitely my favorite companion so far. I love his VA and he has great sayings, and he blows things up for me while me Jedi stares longingly, what's not to like?
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Qyzen is quite annoying since for some reason he always resets his aoe ability to active, I think he even does this when you 'zone' to say your ship or another planet. It also is really bad that he uses heavy ranged armor as a melee character, like they changed him from a ranged tank 'half way' so that they could make him use a weapon that practically doesn't exist. I mean, would it be so difficult to let him use all non-lightsaber melee weapons, not just techblades.

<Spoilers ahead>

I found Nadia quite annoying from the start, primarily since when you first get her and fight that dark jedi, when you select the 'we aren't going to kill him' option she is all like 'F**k you' and wastes him. I don't think I have come across any other instances where your companions go all rogue like that and just ignore your storyline choice. If they did want to have your companions randomly do the complete opposite of what you tell them to do in dialogue options, there should at least be some sort of follow up to it.

Oh and also she likes to run into the middle of packs of mobs and get herself killed since she is a glass cannon.
    Agree on Qyzen and you have to be both supportive and decisive with Nadia's personality or she will ignore your plea and strike him, in my case she hesitated and he [SPOILER] died of natural causes from the fight beforehand. Nadia has a tendancy to use aoe as well, but her settings don't reset so you can turn them off and she will not do it anymore. However, her aoe damage is sick. As well as her damage in general, she actually does the same, quite possibly more, damage compared to me in my somewhat okish gear. She's a beast in the hands of a healer Sage, most likely. I can kite someone with force slow and run away and she will kill that elite while I sprint to safety 40 yards away if the mob isn't hitting her.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 07:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    Oh boy, wait till you meet the waste of oxygen that is Theran :P My only problem with Qyzen has been him breaking CC because he keeps turning his aoe back on. Similarly, my Smuggler's Corso keeps turning his harpoon thing (that pulls mobs to him) back on. I do hope they fix that soon.

Oh and if your Sage is female... *shudder* Theran's gross.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 12:56 AM ----------

My highest is my Jedi Sage at 40, but I have a few low-level alts too.

I hate hate hate Theran. He's just insufferable. Yeah I guess his CC ability is useful, but I'm able to heal, so I've almost never used him. I'm annoyed that he's one of the female love interests. Why him and not Zenith? Ugh. My Twi'lek Jedi's love will continue unrequited for now.

Lt Iresso is really bland and generic so far. Maybe once I talk to him more I'll like him, but he just randomly moved into my ship and started eating all my food and drinking all my sodas.

I can't stand Corso's VA, and he's a little bit too goody-goody for how I want to play my Smuggler. He's always buzzkilling me when I try to flirt with male NPCs or refuse to help orphans or something.

My Sith Inquisitor I'm playing full-Lightside, and Khem Val disapproves of EVERYTHING I do. I think I'm below 200 approval on him. I don't care, that jerk keeps threatening to eat me. I also really dislike how his armor doesn't show on him, I know it's a stylistic choice but it bugs me.

Zenith is definitely my favorite companion so far. I love his VA and he has great sayings, and he blows things up for me while me Jedi stares longingly, what's not to like?
    Tharan is a beast combined with a Shadow though, just saying. And Holiday is awesome.

The two best companions for the Consular are without a shadow of a doubt Zenith and Nadia. Both have good personalities with alot of depth and stellar voice acting. Iresso has something to him aswell, but he does kind of fall behind Tharan because he doesn't have the extra bonus which is Holiday and come off as a little boring because of that. That said, Cedrax's little ta-da's can go to hell.

It helps alot that Nadia's dad is also very well voice-acted and gives her side of the story some extra bang for the buck. At least for the males. She's quite possibly the most charming female companion in the game I think. Although most people talk about Mako, the togruta, Vette and Kira.

Nadia and Zenith also have the least annoying greetings when you summon them. Iresso just sounds bored of you. As if he knows I am going to toss him away in five minutes.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-14 at 06:07 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.