Deleted

Decent Let's Plays?

Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent let's plays? I'm still not sure on purchasing TOR (waiting for more end game stuff to see if it livens up, after hearing that it's not too exciting).

I've only found a few so far and most of them are either exceptionally boring (either due to a crappy person with bad commentary skills or just taking 25 minutes to show character creation).

I only want to see what the general feel of the game is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
    Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone knew of any decent let's plays? I'm still not sure on purchasing TOR (waiting for more end game stuff to see if it livens up, after hearing that it's not too exciting).

I've only found a few so far and most of them are either exceptionally boring (either due to a crappy person with bad commentary skills or just taking 25 minutes to show character creation).

I only want to see what the general feel of the game is.
    There's alot, though most are from the beta. Totalbiscuit and jesse cox do them periodically but there are others too. Personally I recommend brbrainerd, as he is pretty decent.

If you want a fully professional experience TB or JC is the way to go as they maintain some level of seriousity. Yogscast have started doing it but they are not based on giving you an idea of what the game about as much as making you laugh. Brbrainerd is basically like those two but with a little less experience and audio/video quality. Although he had a fairly solid set of videos out in the beta. If you want a guide to datacrons (caugh, cheating a little) I would recommend iLLituracyT. Swtorextreme also sometimes put out decent videos. Those are are some names you can keep in mind, I guess. If you are used to let's plays I would think you know who TB and JC are.

For an idea of PvP I recommend one of the videos of faction60: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrvnxfSDomQ

I don't recommend him so much as the others, but there are plenty of good let's plays or videos to make your impression out of even from the beta itself.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-13 at 12:45 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.

Deleted
    I can't stand TB's voice after about 5 minutes but I'll check out JC's stuff. I've already watched the few daft Yogscast video's, enjoyed them for what they were heh.

Never heard of Brbrainerd before, I'll check him out. Thanks for giving me a few names, hopefully I'll actually be able to stand one of them! I watched several last night and so many of them just didn't seem to know what they were doing (MMO novices I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarly View Post
    I can't stand TB's voice after about 5 minutes but I'll check out JC's stuff. I've already watched the few daft Yogscast video's, enjoyed them for what they were heh.

Never heard of Brbrainerd before, I'll check him out. Thanks for giving me a few names, hopefully I'll actually be able to stand one of them! I watched several last night and so many of them just didn't seem to know what they were doing (MMO novices I guess).
    BrBrainerd is basically a guy who doesn't scream mindlessly but explain things very simple with a fairly ok voice. He also sometimes make ok jokes. So imagine a normal dude suddenly spouting out: "Curriculum? Here's a stick, go whack some stuff in the head, that is the extent of my curriculum!"

As for TB, when it comes to simple imput on how the game actually works he is by far the best despite his personality. He knows what he is talking about when it comes to gaming and it shows so well. So if you actually want to get some depth out of how abilities work he is much better than the rest. But as you don't like him (which I understand) I recommend Brainerd the most. Although Cox has been holding himself in line for the SWTOR content and make a lot less jokes than he does during other shows. Seems like he gets into the story a lot.

There's also someone called Darthvulku, but I am not quite sure why he is on my list as the quality is not quite up there. He may have had one or two good videos at one point.

Other worthwhile names on youtube for SWTOR includes: Taugrimtaugrim, redrancor and ForceSC2strategy.

I am assuming you know how to find the SWTOR content on their pages as it is rather simple to just browse it.

Personally though I think many of these people make good videos at specific points, but the best let's play for me is either Jesse Cox or Brbrainerd.
    Last edited by Atelniar; 2012-01-13 at 01:09 AM.
    There is common sense and ignorance. Choose one and accept the consequences.