Best Arch Discovery Story

Had to share this story;

I was doing some Archaelogy at work and was about half a zone away from the nearest digsite. My boss comes up to me, so I quickly closed the notebook, and after she had gone opened back up again .... I was happy to see that I was stuck at the bottom of a cliff inside the digsite. So I dug and happened to be exactly on the artifact, and looted the full 9x (night elf I think). I surveyed again without moving, and boom another artifact, and all 9 again. I survey for the 3rd time, so without taking a single step, and yet again another 9x artifacts as well as the bonus trinket.

Couldn't believe my luck and certainly kept me feeling good about doing Archy

I don't believe it was a bug, as I've often had 2x digs at the same spot without having to move.

Has anyone else had a similar experience that gives you a nice little surprise like this?

Wow grats, that's awesome! Ive had /cheer moments, but not that great. I think the comment form blizzcon about fighting something was great the example was dig up a mummy and he drops fragments. Anything could steal eat, or make a nest out of fragments :P so imagine all the surprises they could come up with

Deleted
    my first tol'vir artifact was "ring of the boy emperor" which i had no use for (no appropriate class for it)
    yet, most of the guildies spending hours searching for it got jelly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was expecting you to say you got the epic sword instantly, lol.

I've made like 4-5 rares (Clockwork Gnome, Troll war drum, Brewmaiden mug from dwarves, Fossilied Raptor pet, "Covered in mini-amber" usable, etc.), and have another rare and the Raptor Skeleton mount waiting to be completed right now, but I lost all ambition to go for it :\

I just had a stroke of luck tonight. I managed to get 4 dig sites in Uldum all at once. As I finish each one they just keep respawning. After it was all said and done I had 7 sites respawn allowing me to complete 5 artifacts. Alas, none were the rare I've been searching for. I'd trade all the rares I've found for the Scepter of Azj'Aquir.

Zin'rokh for me. I remember i had flew that day.. i was so happy.

Most recently i made my rogue my main (last summer, not a FOTM issue)
    So i decided shes gotta learn arch aswell.. well since i started it i got one rare after another and on my warlock whenever i complete something another rare pops up... got the epic dress soon, the voodo pet, drums, ember etc when i do more then 3 artifacts per day at least one of them is rare on either of my toons!

Shoulda never stopped doing it for such a long time

The worst part is though... i made the ring of the boy emperor but! i lost it i thought i sharded it and was angry at myself since my shaman really could use the ring.. after finally being able to do the new heroics on my shaman (you get 2 rings there easily) i found the ring! it was on my lock in the void storage...
    So from now on i store all the BOA's there, and i allready got 3 of them. Sadly they have no real use, i wish the 359 scales with ilvl (aka 1 tier below, 378 at this point)

Back in January 2011 I was doing arch like a crazy person for Tyrande's Favourite Doll and after a week of playing like a zombie I finally got it - and got Tol'Vor mount in the process as well. I was then leveling arch on another character, maybe 3 months after that, trying to see if I can get the doll again (in between dungeon queues) but alas, I didn't get another one... I did get another Tol'Vir mount though. After that I gave up on arch forever but I still <3 my doll (even though I have better trinkets now, I still keep it in my bags, one does not simply get rid of Tyrande's Frustrating Doll...).

Last Relic of Argus has to be the best archaeology item ever though.