Thread: SSD Suggestions

SSD Suggestions

i'm looking to purchase a SSD im looking in the 150-200 dollar range holding close to 120GB min (100-110 would be ok) im looking for performance and reliability anyone have and experience and suggestions i would appreciate your input

thanks in advance

Don't think you will find a GOOD one for 150-200 holding over 100gb

Quote Originally Posted by Ipawnu View Post
    Don't think you will find a GOOD one for 150-200 holding over 100gb
    actually prices have dropped pretty decently the past few months. I don't have any personal suggestions - I'd just look through newegg at top rated ones then google them and see what kind of remarks they got from tech review sites

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a quality SSD the only choice is a Crucial M4: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820148442 which is perfectly in your specifications.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only 3 days of abuse on my Crucial M4, but it's lightyears faster than my mechanical hdd.

i did find a force GT in my range http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820233191 last i knew ( quite a few years ago) corsair was made very good ram how well have they done for SSD

also found
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227706

which according to the graph at the bottom of this
    http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/b...cturers-bluff/
    is ranked pretty high what do you guys think
    Last edited by viper1884; 2012-01-13 at 04:48 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Corsair Force Series 3 and I won't do anything but praise it's glory and sing Halellujah!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I reccomend the Corsair Force GT, mines been running like a dream since I got it a few months ago.

Performance wise, there isn't much disparity nowadays in real use case (though benchmark shows different numbers). If you're concerned with stability, you can't go wrong with Intel - they perform heck of a lot more testing than any other brands and are known to be most stable. Personally I use OCZ Agility3 6Gbps 120GB one and it's been fine so far. I bought it on sale with Win7 Ultimate bundled for 30k JPY, which is about $400 USD.

At this point I'd be more concerned with the cost per GB, as Win7 Ultimate + WoW takes anywhere around 60-70GB in capacity. I'd say your 120GB minimum is fair and there are a lot of drives with high cost performance around this range.

Okay I need someone to pick me a SSD out of these please what is the best i prefer a 120gb I am real hesitant to spend $170 on one at the moment. I see there are some that are around 100-130$ I just dont know if they are a good brand. Thanks
    http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/intern.../#sort=d2&s=12

I've been using the OCZ Vertex 3 for two months now and I've experienced no problems what-so-ever, it seems that the majority of the issues that they were plagued by have been fixed. That being said, I agree that the Crucial M4 is the way to go (note: it isn't the only way to go, but it is the best "bang for your buck", IMO).

Annthrax, you're not going to find a reliable 120GB gaming SSD for < $150 unless you get one heck of a deal... Also, why don't you just use the other suggestions in this thread instead of making a post extremely similar to the OP's? Reliable brands include: Crucial, Corsair, Intel (among others).

Deleted
    As mentioned:

Crucial: Crucial m4 128GB $195
    Corsair: Corsair Force Series 3, 120GB $170
    Mushkin: Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB $185

Take your pick, I would recommend the Crucial just because it seems to be the most reliable overall but all 3 are fine choices and if you wanna save a few $ go with one of the other two.

Thank you Notarget I am going to go with the Corsair. You seem to be on my posts :P thank you everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crucial m4, Kingston HyperX or Corsair Force 3.
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by viper1884 View Post
    i'm looking to purchase a SSD im looking in the 150-200 dollar range holding close to 120GB min (100-110 would be ok) im looking for performance and reliability anyone have and experience and suggestions i would appreciate your input

thanks in advance
    Though it is 20 US dollars above your max price range, my recommendation would be this:

Corsair Performance Pro 128GB

This is the Marvell controller (like in the Crucial M4) wrapped together with 34nm Toshiba Toggle NAND wrapped in a self-built firmware by Corsair.
    This thing is phenomenal, the combo of the Marvell + 34nm Toshiba Toggle NAND makes for superb machine of speed.

It's money well spent for an extra 20 USD.

Otherwise there are plenty of alternatives such as OCZ's Octane/Agility/Vertex or Corsair Force/Force GT, Crucial M4 etc.

(Newegg lists it as Synchronous MLC NAND Flash, but it's not, it's armed with Toshiba Toggle NAND, it's advantages over Synchronous NAND is speed and write cycle endurance being higher f.ex)

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually going to wait another few months to get myself one since I have this sneaking feeling the prices are going to drop a little further. But yeah you can find a decent 120 gig for that money now, That's large enough to keep the OS and some key programs on at least. :P
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Newegg has a shell shocker today...and its only $120 after MIR. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820227726