View Poll Results: What are your favorite melee in rated bgs/pve?

Voters
109. This poll is closed
  • Warrior

10 9.17%
  • Enhancement Shaman

7 6.42%
  • Ret Paladin

7 6.42%
  • Feral Druid

32 29.36%
  • Death knight

53 48.62%

Top Melee besides rogue for rated bgs/pve?

What are your favorite melee characters to play with in rated bgs and pve besides a rogue?

Well, the only melee I play is a rogue, but if I were to say one I would likely play in PvP other then a rogue it would definitely be a DK. I would love having an answer to everything and having short powerful CDs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Well, the only melee I play is a rogue, but if I were to say one I would likely play in PvP other then a rogue it would definitely be a DK. I would love having an answer to everything and having short powerful CDs.
    And I would l like to add, death grip can be fun at times eh? lol Totally situational I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone who says anything besides feral druid needs to get their brain scanned.

They have

1: Multiple instant gap closers, 3 in total.

2: Can remove all snares on them with a single button.

3: An automatically applied 50% snare.

4: A constant +30% run speed boost, almost +50% with PvP gear.

5: Good Burst.

6: Good survivability.

7: Stealth, self explaining in its strengths.

8: Strong CC, due to instant Cyclones.

9: The ability to throw out some off healing in a tight situations.

So basically they bring many of the strengths that ret paladins do except without the glaring weaknesses (like weaknesses to dispels & gap closing), while at the same time bringing allot of the strengths that warriors bring + decent CC.

I will say that Dk is a close second however because of their Cd's & snaring/gap closing abilities.
    Last edited by zcks; 2012-01-13 at 05:37 PM.
    The way balancing for WOW PVP works is allot like American politics.
    1: Be lazy & ignore problems till the yelling is so loud your cant concentrate.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    Anyone who says anything besides feral druid needs to get their brain scanned.

They have

1: Multiple instant gap closers, 3 in total.

2: Can remove all snares on them with a single button.

3: An automatically applied 50% snare.

4: A constant +30% run speed boost, almost +50% with PvP gear.

5: Good Burst.

6: Good survivability.

7: Strong CC, due to instant Cyclones.

8: The ability to throw out some off healing in a tight situations.

So basically they bring many of the strengths that ret paladins do except without the glaring weaknesses, while at the same time bringing allot of the strengths that warriors bring + decent CC.
    Very true! I can't agree with you more but unfortunately most people can't dig the whole playing as a feral cat deal. I myself, is included in that statement, I have a druid I leveled long ago but it doesn't appeal to me. And in MoP they are seperating the bear and cat form, giving druids 4 specs to choose from so it's sort of meh once you think about it in the long run.
    Last edited by Woofwerx; 2012-01-13 at 05:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Woofwerx View Post
    Very true! I can't agree with you more but unfortunately most people can't dig the whole playing as a feral cat deal. I myself, is included in that statement, I have a druid I leveled long ago but it doesn't appeal to me. And in MoP they are seperating the bear and cat form, giving druids 4 specs to choose from so it's sort of meh once you think about it in the long run.
    I completely agree with you on the fact that not everyone likes playing as a cat or bear, to be quite frank I hate the look of it myself but continue to play mine because it's just so damn versatile.

As for them separating the melee & tank roles into different specs, it is a very good idea balance wise. This is because cats having free access to that many survivability & dodge talents just causes balance problems in PvP. (examples would be them dodging melee attacks, stuns etc... like throw down & crusader strike.)

Heck even if they were to separate all the survival parts of talents (excluding predatory strikes & leader of the pack) from what cats can do they would still be in a pretty good place balance wise vs many other melee specs.
    2: Refuse to do the things you have Said need to be done, then make up reasons why they cannot be done.
    3: Lay the blame for problems on someone else even when it's your fault because you did all of the above.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zcks View Post
    I completely agree with you on the fact that not everyone likes playing as a cat or bear, to be quite frank I hate the look of it myself but continue to play mine because it's just so damn versatile.

As for them separating the melee & tank roles into different specs, it is a very good idea balance wise. This is because cats having free access to that many survivability & dodge talents just causes balance problems in PvP. (examples would be them dodging melee attacks, stuns etc... like throw down & crusader strike.)

Heck even if they were to separate all the survival parts of talents (excluding predatory strikes & leader of the pack) from what cats can do they would still be in a pretty good place balance wise vs many other melee specs.
    Mate, its not a "Im a ret pala and I cant beat ferals" thread.

Deleted
    This thread is kind of pointless in my opinion. You are basicely arguing which melee spec would take second place if you don't count rogues. But this is irrelevant as rogues are much better than every other melee out there and every team would perform better if they replaced melee class "x" with a rogue instead. Rogues are so broken right now, even without the trinket that no other melee can come close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fezix View Post
    Mate, its not a "Im a ret pala and I cant beat ferals" thread.
    I never said that.

I just said that even if cats didn't have access to the +dodge talents they would still be in a very good spot balance wise compared to most melee specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights have the full potential to be pretty ridiculous across the board right now. Epic burst, good sustained damage, solid utility, and good survivability put them pretty far up there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Death Knights have the full potential to be pretty ridiculous across the board right now. Epic burst, good sustained damage, solid utility, and good survivability put them pretty far up there.
    Idk about good survivability. Any DK that's not blood is the squishiest melee spec.

I voted feral druid anyway based on RBGs. Awesome damage/pressure, awesome CC, awesome survivability, awesome peels.

Deleted
    needs a "replace every class with a rogue" option. as cast said, no other melee can come even close to half what a rogue can do in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Idk about good survivability. Any DK that's not blood is the squishiest melee spec.
    That really depends on what they are facing & what your comparing them to & what it is facing.

As an example try playing a ret paladin vs any ranged spec, unless you vastly outgear & outskill your opponent you will just be demolished and toyed with due to not being able to close gaps & all of your utility being able to be easily dispelled.

As far as how much survivability frost & unholy have, they could use a slight boost. Frankly instead of changing the glyph of dark succor to heal upon a kill they should have just cut the healing it used to do down to 1/3 or 1/4 of what it was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    It's good but definitely not great. Between AMS, Icebound Fortitude, Lichborne+death coil, Death Pact, and properly timed Death Strikes, you can stay alive decently if you're managing it properly. But, yeah, when trained we're definitely squishy, hence why pretty much all DKs stack the shit out of.resilience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    It's good but definitely not great. Between AMS, Icebound Fortitude, Lichborne+death coil, Death Pact, and properly timed Death Strikes, you can stay alive decently if you're managing it properly. But, yeah, when trained we're definitely squishy, hence why pretty much all DKs stack the shit out of.resilience.
    This ^ is very true.

While frost & unholy do not have the best survivability their sheer amount of offensive tools they have make up for that for the most part which is why they excel so well when backed up by a healer.

Im confused at the question, at the title you said "top" as in the best to play, but then in the first post you asked for our favorite (these are not the same most of the time). My "favorite" is a warrior because they are insanely fun, but not even close to the "top" right now.

I voted DK because they are still strong in pvp in general because of the utility of deathgrip and necrotic strike (especially necrotic + 25% ms). Aoe-undispellable slows and roots/slows attached to damn near every button you press, multiple cc types (stang, HC as frost, petstun as unholy), AMS (AMZ as unholy is very good as well), stun immunity, dks have damn near everything you can think of.

Plus you mentioned pve, i think dks are pretty strong in pve too.

Fav is war, but far from best...

Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Im confused at the question, at the title you said "top" as in the best to play, but then in the first post you asked for our favorite (these are not the same most of the time). My "favorite" is a warrior because they are insanely fun, but not even close to the "top" right now.

I voted DK because they are still strong in pvp in general because of the utility of deathgrip and necrotic strike (especially necrotic + 25% ms). Aoe-undispellable slows and roots/slows attached to damn near every button you press, multiple cc types (stang, HC as frost, petstun as unholy), AMS (AMZ as unholy is very good as well), stun immunity, dks have damn near everything you can think of.

Plus you mentioned pve, i think dks are pretty strong in pve too.
    Well normally I feel that people do excel well if they enjoy the class, if they gear themselves up and study how to take on other classes.

Deleted
    Grip, Waterwalking are major game making tools, i consider dk best because additional to those he is a very strong meele on his own. Paladin should be holy, druid may be a good but not undisposable, definatly prefer dk over meele druid