Thread: Speaker Static

Speaker Static

Okay, so I got a new computer. I'm all excited and happy EXCEPT, my speakers are having a constant static from them. Including a constant 'soft air sound', 'crackles' with occasional 'whoops'. It's hard to explain sounds via text but regardless.

I'm running an ASRock 880GMH Motherboard. The static starts a few seconds into the "Starting Windows" on bootup. So it's not there the second the computer powers up, but does start just as the Operating System starts running. I get the feeling it's something software. My speaker setup is a 3.5mm jack to an RCA adaptor going into a subwoofer which has an amplifier in it. The amplifier then runs to two front left and right speakers with tweeters. The sub is insulated and protected and has no magnetic pull what so ever. Even with the sub turned off and only the header speakers going the static is still there. So that rules out interference from the sub. The cable and system work when plugged into my phone producing perfect sound. So it's not the system. I have the drivers installed. When I plug my Turtle Beach X12 headset, it produces the same static sounds.

In short, it's not the system, it's not an external cables, it's a new rig.

I'd really appreciate any help. It's driving me insane! I hope I've given enough details for some idea into what's happening. I can answer more questions if need be!

THANKS!

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

My guess is input from a microphone.

There's no microphones in at the moment.

"We know you pay your $15 a month. But the rest of the raids $375 wants you to get out of fire." - Haxzorr

10+ Year Old Account
    It is most likely your onboard sound isn't properly shielded. Only workarounds are to use optical output, deal with it, or buy a sound card with better quality.