Page 1 of 2
LastLast

GW2 pushed back?

So I was talking to my friend who is also following GW2, and according to him it has been pushed back to december 2012 or around then due to the pvp overhaul. I haven't been able to find anything about this and I was curious if this is possibly true?
    Raaaa!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    So I was talking to my friend who is also following GW2, and according to him it has been pushed back to december 2012 or around then due to the pvp overhaul. I haven't been able to find anything about this and I was curious if this is possibly true?
    It's not. Do yourself a favour and kick him in the balls.

your friend is trying to impress you but claiming to know more then he really does

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Without any source I'd say that he wanted to fool you

Well that clears it up, many thanks! <3
    Raaaa!

Never had a release date to begin with, so no. Your friend be trolling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I second this. No one likes a liar.

i think hes one of those ppl who worship IGN so much they belive every release date they say ( which is Decem 2012 for GW2 ) and just followed tht up with made up excuse

Deleted
    wait till he's sleeping then but his hand in some water, that'll teach him for fibbing :P

Quote Originally Posted by kojane View Post
    wait till he's sleeping then but his hand in some water, that'll teach him for fibbing :P
    When he wakes up and crawls out of bed, then you can kick him in the logans

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vafiveh View Post
    When he wakes up and crawls out of bed, then you can kick him in the logans
    If you wake him up by putting his hand in warm water I don't think you want to be kicking him until he has cleaned up.

So meanie.
    All right, so that last test was seriously disappointing. Apparently, being civil isn't motivating you, so let's try it her way, all right, fatty? Adopted... fatty! Fatty, fatty no parents?

&
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    Your friend be trolling.
    Trolls don't have balls...it's why they have to troll Permenant marker penis on the forehead imo.

and for the benefit of future victims of such trolling, post vid to youtube. and obviously link here.

and tell him it's gonna hurt you more than it hurts him. that's always good.
    Last edited by semantic; 2012-01-13 at 02:58 PM.

Deleted
    As others had said his pants must be on fire, to punish him you should knock him out and tie him up hanging down the side of a bridge going over a motorway. That'll make sure the little bugger doesn't lie again.

Deleted
    Haha kinda got me all paranoid xD I seriously can't wait for this game..

Indeed, it's hard to push back a game with the release date of 'when it's ready'.

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i bricked it when i saw this thread expecting evidence of actual pushback... /MEGA-PHEW

Deleted
    Ball kicking and lack of evidence aside - for a game to delay for almost another year (when it seems on the verge of open beta), it would imply that there's some really serious fundamental flaw...this just doesn't seem like the case based on all of the convention feedback etc.

With a game like GW2, because it's not subscription based I wouldn't even expect lack of content to push it back - since they could release what's done and super polished...and keep working on the stuff they cut for the first expansion and release it in 3 or 6 months etc. It would have to be some really core mechanic that they just couldn't proceed whatsoever without.

People would forgive an absolutely fantastic 50 levels of content...with the last 30 cut, to be released later...but they wouldn't forgive (IMO) mediocre content.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    People would forgive an absolutely fantastic 50 levels of content...with the last 30 cut, to be released later...but they wouldn't forgive (IMO) mediocre content.
    I wouldn't forgive that, and I'd be surprised if there would actually be many people who would. If they cut out almost 1/3 of the game to ship it, that's a huge deal, and if you had to pay for those in addition to the game, I'd be downright offended. They are advertising one thing, they need to deliver on it.