Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    It's not. Do yourself a favour and kick him in the balls.
    He never deserved balls to begin with.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  2. #22
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I wouldn't forgive that, and I'd be surprised if there would actually be many people who would. If they cut out almost 1/3 of the game to ship it, that's a huge deal, and if you had to pay for those in addition to the game, I'd be downright offended. They are advertising one thing, they need to deliver on it.
    Even with a corresponding reduction of box price?

    If we were given the vote - "release now, the last 30 levels aren't as fantastic as we want them to be"....or "50 levels now, that are fantastic, we'll reduce the price...and we'll release the remaining 30 levels in june and they'll be fantastic".

    To be fair, I have absolutely no scientific basis for my assumption...other than my own general feeling that people are more forgiving when someone is being honest and clearly not trying to rip them off.

    As I say, entirely my own opinion...it's tempting to create a poll to collect peoples feelings actually - though I don't want to inadvertently start a rumour :-)

  3. #23
    Well, Warhammer cut content before they went live. That didn't really work out so well for them.

    You only have one chance to make a first impression. They have to make it count and be right when this game releases.

  4. #24
    If we were given the vote - "release now, the last 30 levels aren't as fantastic as we want them to be"....or "50 levels now, that are fantastic, we'll reduce the price...and we'll release the remaining 30 levels in june and they'll be fantastic".
    Since we don't know what is finished yet and what is, it is pretty much a pointless what if and even so, it's still a what if.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

    I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

  5. #25
    Bloodsail Admiral Haggerty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    London, Angel
    Posts
    1,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well, Warhammer cut content before they went live. That didn't really work out so well for them.

    You only have one chance to make a first impression. They have to make it count and be right when this game releases.
    Yeah, but warhammer was subscription...and what they did release was a bit ropey.

    What we're talking about is more the way that SC2 is being rolled out...deliver an absolutely sparkling campaign...then go and make the next one - rather that trying to do all 3 at once and making a lot more content but at a lot less quality.

    I mean...surely one of the benefits of digital media is that you can do this kinda thing with content? Do you *really* need to release all 80 levels at once? Or can you absolutely nail the first x and then consistently deliver fantastic expansions that keep building. I guess I see some future model as almost being like a TV series.

    Like I say, I don't have evidence or even a brilliantly constructed argument...I just thought that people would prefer 80 levels over, say, 4 months...rather than *wait* 4 months and get the 80 levels all at once.

    ---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 06:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Since we don't know what is finished yet and what is, it is pretty much a pointless what if and even so, it's still a what if.
    Perhaps - I find it pretty fascinating. Can't you imagine a future when content is added dynamically - when it's done? Possibly by multiple authors? Rather than waiting for a massive content dump every few+ months?

  6. #26
    Warchief Maarius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Austria (EU)
    Posts
    2,036
    why is this tread still open?

    close please

  7. #27
    Moderator MoanaLisa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Posts
    11,682
    Take this for what you will. It's a quote from the NCSoft 3rd quarter 2011 earnings call. There's a link to the actual call at the link below but from what I can understand it appears to be in Korean which doesn't help me.

    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/...ll-t23744.html

    "We are planning on conducting a CBT within this year, but for us to conduct a large scale CBT test that can be significantly felt within the market, I think that we are anticipating about the beginning of next year to do that. Therefore, we don't have a concrete schedule yet with regards to the full commercialization schedule for Guild Wars 2, but I'm thinking that it will be not too late part of next year, but some time in the latter part of next year that would be possible, perhaps. But, we will have to wait and see the testing results this year to come up with the final schedule."

    Some time in the latter part of next year [2012 since the call was in 2011], perhaps means it's entirely possible not until 4th quarter and they're not willing to even guarantee that. So take a deep breath.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2012-01-13 at 07:10 PM.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    ....and keep working on the stuff they cut for the first expansion and release it in 3 or 6 months etc. It would have to be some really core mechanic that they just couldn't proceed whatsoever without.

    People would forgive an absolutely fantastic 50 levels of content...with the last 30 cut, to be released later...but they wouldn't forgive (IMO) mediocre content.
    unfortunate examples aside, your point is a good one. Dungeons, new PvP maps, perhaps features that re-vamp the game experience for veterans (like Hard Mode did for GW1), and especially DEs are no doubt warming on a back burner somewhere.

  9. #29
    Scarab Lord Wrathonia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Port Charlotte
    Posts
    4,592
    Quote Originally Posted by semantic View Post
    unfortunate examples aside, your point is a good one. Dungeons, new PvP maps, perhaps features that re-vamp the game experience for veterans (like Hard Mode did for GW1), and especially DEs are no doubt warming on a back burner somewhere.
    Don't assume just because they haven't showcased something that they aren't actively working on it.

  10. #30
    What you want to do is go round his house, paint all his lightbulbs black, so when he turns 'em on, it gets darker and he falls over.

    That'll show him.

  11. #31
    How do you delay something without a release date? O.o

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Haydest View Post
    How do you delay something without a release date? O.o
    ^Nailed it Though I'd really like it to be released in march/april/early may

  13. #33
    Elemental Lord Chickat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orgrimmar
    Posts
    8,026
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I wouldn't forgive that, and I'd be surprised if there would actually be many people who would. If they cut out almost 1/3 of the game to ship it, that's a huge deal, and if you had to pay for those in addition to the game, I'd be downright offended. They are advertising one thing, they need to deliver on it.
    This, Anet would need a /kick to the balls
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Don't assume just because they haven't showcased something that they aren't actively working on it.
    my mind is a blank slate, awaiting that first brushstroke from the GW2 calligraphist... ohhhmmmmmm

  15. #35
    From what I hear it's still on track for a April launch.
    I believe that they concluded from the last CB that the gameplay/combat was smooth enough now, but that a few zones needed an overhaul. No talk of a setback.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    From what I hear it's still on track for a April launch.
    I believe that they concluded from the last CB that the gameplay/combat was smooth enough now, but that a few zones needed an overhaul. No talk of a setback.
    Source of the release date? As for the CB info I'm assuming you got that from *snip*?
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-01-13 at 10:18 PM.

  17. #37
    They wouldn't set a particular month to release the game, but it's possible that they estimate the game to be finished by then.
    So if they finish it earlier, it will be released earlier than April. And if it's finished later, it will release after April.
    But I guess April is the only probable month for release (when it comes to Q1 / Q2) since the CBTs started in December. But there is still February and March to go through, and that is quite some time.
    A lot can happen in those two months. We can only hope for a quick, and easy Closed Beta.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Snugglees View Post
    So I was talking to my friend who is also following GW2, and according to him it has been pushed back to december 2012 or around then due to the pvp overhaul. I haven't been able to find anything about this and I was curious if this is possibly true?
    THIS
    IS

  19. #39
    And closing this because people are starting to talk about information that likely falls under the NDA. That and so nobody freaks out and thinks that it is delayed (since we don't even know when it is supposed to be released to begin with).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •