Phenom x2 ---> x4

Hey,got a phenom II x2 555 3.2 ghz,on a asrock m3n78d.I can unlock it using the nvidia core calibration in bios to x4 b55.The issue is,sometimes,after shutdowns only,it auto resets to x2,even tho the nvidia core calibration stays on.It doesnt happen often,once in 5-7 days or so,but still annoying.I can disable core calibration,restart,enable it again,and its back on x4...but still.

So if anyone knows a solution,let me know.Thx !

Sometimes the cores are disabled for a reason. I think you just discovered why your CPU was sold as dualcore instead of quad.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

and the fact you are using Intel software on an AMD CPU may have something to do w/ it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Sometimes the cores are disabled for a reason. I think you just discovered why your CPU was sold as dualcore instead of quad.
    The x2 555 BE can be unlocked to a quad core in most of the chip versions.

Simply boot to BIOS and enable ACC.

Information about this can be found here.

The x2 555 BE is an amazing little chip, can be OCed easilly to stable 4Ghz, with good cooling to around 4.5Ghz and can always unlock the remaining 2 cores and make it a quad. That said, at times this won't work and your CPU won't be stable.

Running x4 555 BE @ 5Ghz Watercooled with 40C idle, 45C with mild usage and up to 60C heavy load. Only problem is when running CPU-Z it bugs out and says its running on stock settings, it does that with my GPU too for strange reason.
    Last edited by Mister K; 2012-01-13 at 05:52 PM.
    -K

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    and the fact you are using Intel software on an AMD CPU may have something to do w/ it!
    Nvidia is not Intel, also the chipset on OPs motherboard comes from Nvidia, so using Nvidia tools to unlock cores makes perfect sense.

edit:

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousJesus View Post
    can always unlock the remaining 2 cores and make it a quad. That said, at times this won't work and your CPU won't be stable.
    Seeing the contradiction in what you said?

Yes, the processors can be unlocked, and no, they don't always work. So, the OPs processor does not work unlocked, end of story. Obviously he already figured out how to do the unlocking so the linked page wont really help much.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-01-13 at 05:54 PM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.