SI Final Companion Bug

Leaving subject line vague in case spoilers (?). But I was wondering if anyone here who runs with a tanking companion has compared Xalek with Khem when similarly geared. There's currently a bug where Shield/Absorb rating isn't working for Xalek, but I'm hearing conflicting stories about whether that affects Xalek's survivability. Does anyone know if this is just a UI bug or if it really does make Xalek squishier?

Noticed it right away. As soon as I got Xalek I decked him out in some pretty well modded tank gear. He should have been blowing Khem out of the water in survivability but he just wasn't. I noticed his absorb ratings were still standard even with all the absorb/shield enhancements I put on him. I had to stick with Khem.

Heres a tip

Gear Andronikas up hes a legend (Got him with 2 23 barrel mods godly)

Mind im playing a healer and usually tank heal my self but hes not as squishy as say ashara but then shes not bad in good gear too

I rarely use khem or xelek which is a shame coz khem is defo my charactors favorite companion but he is inferior for my play style

15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Xalek is the same as Nadia.. therefore not a tank, but a dps... thereforce shields/absorb doesn't really work in her "spec"

Deleted
    I changed to xhalek as soon as i got it and had no problem, cleared story at 47 so killing elites 3+

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    Pretty sure Xalek is the same as Nadia.. therefore not a tank, but a dps... thereforce shields/absorb doesn't really work in her "spec"
    Xalek is most definitely a tank.

I can't say I've noticed what the OP was talking about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    He can tank and dps. He has the stance for extra threat generation.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Xalek is most definitely a tank.

I can't say I've noticed what the OP was talking about.
    Pretty easy to see the issue. Equip Xalek with any +Absorb or +Shield chance gear and his default percentages never change from 25% shield change and 20% absorb no matter how much you add.

Hmm. Guess I'll stick with Khem until they fix the issue. I do like how Xalek looks and it seems cool to run around with my own apprentice, but I'd rather not waste the time to gear another companion up if he's going to be inferior. They have pretty much identical skills otherwise.

Gear Andronikas up hes a legend (Got him with 2 23 barrel mods godly)

Mind im playing a healer and usually tank heal my self but hes not as squishy as say ashara but then shes not bad in good gear too
    I actually tried Ashara (with slightly worse gear than Khem) and I just didn't like the lack of survivability, so I haven't bothered with Andronikos either. They work well enough on most pulls, but anytime you pull an extra, or something goes wrong, it's just a lot harder to recover in my experience.