Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Buy a mount asap, once you get to 25+ you'll notice the planets get bigger, and you'll be given quests that require stupid and pointless amounts of running around.

A lot of people are saying the teir 2 and 3 mounts (220k, 330k or something) are not worth it for the 10% increase.

What most people don't understand is that the higher tiers have knock-off protection. You can ride through a bunch of mobs and not get instantly knocked off. For many, that alone is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    ......not sure if surz? or a troll? I mean what else are you going to buy? traveling faster > any gear or anything you will ever get.
    And people like this should be removed from the forums.. would make it a much better place.

But get it while you can. While the first 10/15 quests are pretty closeby on Tatooine, anything after that is horrible without one :P

The main reason for upgrading the speeder after the first one isnt for the speed increase(that too ofc) but that the speeder can take much more dmg before it breaks

Just get the lvl 25 one.The 40 and 50 is pretty much useless unless you want them for some epeens.Its only 20% faster.Better spend that credits on lvling proffesion.But on the other hand money is not realy problem.I had 1 mill credit without slicing when i hit 50 on my bh.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Just get the lvl 25 one.The 40 and 50 is pretty much useless unless you want them for some epeens.Its only 20% faster.Better spend that credits on lvling proffesion.But on the other hand money is not realy problem.I had 1 mill credit without slicing when i hit 50 on my bh.
    yea...no..

do some research on the mounts before you post ok?

Get all 3 asap, you think that 10% isnt much but it quickly adds up. Every 10 hours of travel, you will lose up to 1 hour or so by not upgrading so it;s worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    yea...no..

do some research on the mounts before you post ok?
    Yes i know they take more hits before you get dismounted but its realy easy to avoid mobs anyway unless you are totaly blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrolepsy View Post
    Get all 3 asap, you think that 10% isnt much but it quickly adds up. Every 10 hours of travel, you will lose up to 1 hour or so by not upgrading so it;s worth it.
    Technically that 10% is really only 5% or so. I lose more time by getting up to take a piss. The only thing that matters really is the "hp of the mount" which is higher.

I believe the speeds work like in WOW. A 310 mount is only 8% faster than a 280 mount... not 30% faster.

Going from tier 1 (90%) to tier 2 (100%) you're really just going from 190 to 200 speed. 200/190 = 5.26% increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    You must not have traveled to Tatooine yet. You wouldn't give buying a mount a second guess if you had been there.

Mounts are certainly slower than WoW mounts, but they are heck of a lot faster than walking.
    The level 25 mount in swtor is considerably faster than wow's epic ground mounts.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Only 20% faster lol? If it were 2% faster people would still not think twice about spending the extra creds for it. And you don't need to spend alot of credits to level your profs. There are massive amounts of nodes for whatever gathering prof you have, and you just need creds to send your companions out for your mission skills. But yeah, creds are thrown at you in this game. 1 mill credits is probably like 10k gold in wow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borzo View Post
    A lot of people are saying the teir 2 and 3 mounts (220k, 330k or something) are not worth it for the 10% increase.

What most people don't understand is that the higher tiers have knock-off protection. You can ride through a bunch of mobs and not get instantly knocked off. For many, that alone is worth it.
    Plus they don't look like hovering segways...

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 12:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ThooperBad View Post
    Because EVERYONE is in a guild right?
    Don't like social guild's names - create your own. Because reaching guild level 2 is hard right?

Quote Originally Posted by Assassination13 View Post
    Plus they don't look like hovering segways...
    That too...