Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I care much more about not having to think about my Computer temps or what time of year it is, than any noise from the fans I can't hear over the playlist playing in the background.

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There's an easy solution. Run the fans as high as you want assuming you can handle the noise. I personally never see my graphics card hit 70C with the fans on auto and haven't felt a need to change that yet.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Djinni you say that like I worry at all about my computer temps! :P Which I don't at all because I know the GPU has a very good cooling solution on it, it has have proven to be quite good through Heaven 2.5 so if that can't make my card hotter than like 64 Celsius then I have nothing to worry about. F@H, Rift, and SW:TOR are far less demanding than Heaven, so I'm not at all worried. I can sleep well at night leaving my computer running doing whatever and not wake up in a sweat worried my computer may have caught fire. :P

oh plus I'm in a cold as shit basement (likely about 15-18 Celsius/60-65 Fahrenheit) so yeah. :P Doesn't get much warmer though in the summer, even on 32 Celsius+ days. (90 Fahrenheit.)
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I mean if stress tests aren't pushing your temps up that high with auto or low custom settings I don't see the big deal about how hot the card is going to run in games. They are rated for a certain temp and if you're not anywhere near it even in stress tests there isn't much to worry about. You're just adding unneeded wear and tear on the fan when you really won't be able to look back if the card failed and say "If only I had the fan on at 100%" In addition, a lot of people are repairing their video cards by putting them in the oven, so I really wouldn't worry too much about heat unless you're actually using it when it's pushing very close to it's max temps, and most non reference coolers won't do that.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

10+ Year Old Account
    hehe yeah I heard about the oven remedy - that is some intriguing stuff!
    "A flower.

My GPU-fan doesn't exceed 12% until after 50-54°C. It still never goes higher than, say 70°C.
    I don't see the point of making your ears suffer, to keep your GPU cool, when it's designed to handle the heat. It's an unnecessary strain with no gain.
    But no, it wouldn't be dangerous to run them at 100% all the time. Only annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was waiting for you to post, tetris! I know how much you hate noise.
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Its generally more advisable to run them at 100% all the time, rather than at a lower speed.
    Given the cost of a fan... I'd say its more preferable to replace your fans every 7 or 8 years after running them at full pelt all the time than every 10 years running at 50% all the time....
    100% isnt needed if on full load for 4 hours your gfx card stay at 69-70 C it is PERFECT mine is maxing at 71C and the fan spin at 80%, if it goes at 75-80 it goes to 100% but it never happened under full load.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 12:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    None of this tomfoolery again. Everyone's eyes are different, despite what your science or anatomy teacher or whatever told you. While some may not be able to detect differences past a certain point, others will feel a more fluid experience at higher fps.
    He said HIS fps limit, its totally possibel he doesnt see the difference past that. I see the difference between 60 and 45 but i dont see it between 60-100 but I see a difference in fluid motion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    but i dont see it between 60-100
    Unless you've tested this on a monitor with a refresh rate above 60Hz, you can't be sure of that. ;p
    "A flower.

Hey again guys I just played several hours of BF3 and the noise actually annoyed me a bit after a while =/
    Anyway, i have found these little babies: http://www.inet.se/produkt/8500207/b...ulltower-svart (It's a Swedish website)
    Are they any good? Becuase i just want that tiny bit of sound that annoys me to go away =/

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't speak from experience - however based on the fact they have 5 stars and my Chrome was able to translate slightly... looks like the reviews are fairly good across the board. ^_^
    "A flower.

All graphics cards are tested with the fan at 100%. You could always have your fan at 100% and it wont shorten the card's lifespan.

There is nothing dangerous about it, but the fan might be loud.

10+ Year Old Account
    The fan's lifespan =/= the card's lifespan.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    The highest I've seen my 560 ti Frozr 1gb go is around 75C and that was with a temp of about 25-27C in the house. Fans were probably running at about 80%.

100% all the time will wear fans out rather quickly, not to mention the reasoning of 100% is the card is producing way to much heat to get rid of at lower settings. The cards are not morons and do a fine job by themselves unless your overclocking your gpu i wouldnt bother w/ fan speed unless you begin to notice higher temps than you would like. In all honesty you should not be sitting there freaking out about heat while playing a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    100% all the time will wear fans out rather quickly, not to mention the reasoning of 100% is the card is producing way to much heat to get rid of at lower settings. The cards are not morons and do a fine job by themselves unless your overclocking your gpu i wouldnt bother w/ fan speed unless you begin to notice higher temps than you would like. In all honesty you should not be sitting there freaking out about heat while playing a game.
    Well, since the MSI 560 Ti hawk is factory-overclocked it is pretty hot :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll upload mine when I get home, but it looks a lot like Djinni's - I like my temps low. Rather my fans kick up, and besides, I can't hear the fans on my 460 over the fans on my A70 anyhow. My next investment is going to be in adjustable fans for that thing and a fan controller with my next case.

Id bump to a noctua if i was going to get a fan controller and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mine are always on 85% for my sli gtx 570's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Unless you've tested this on a monitor with a refresh rate above 60Hz, you can't be sure of that. ;p
    120hz my dear

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 03:01 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by McFrotton View Post
    120hz my dear
    past 60-70 i only ntice the fluid motion (no blurring when camera turn really fast )