Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Sure... if your bothered about the noise... run them lower... it has never been in-advisabl;e to run them at under 100% though.... Your average fan will LONG outlive the rest of your system.

P.S This is my fan profile:

Incedentally my GPU temp is rarely if ever above 60C

I Might have to replace my fan(s) a year or so sooner than you... but my CPU and GPU will last A LOT longer... Not to mention this argument is mute... since all the hardware will be replaced due to being out-of-date long before any of this happens.
    LOL @ 100% already at 40C, thats even below idle temp of 75% of the cards out there, and I prefer noice over temps as I always have my PC on. My fan profile never goes above 50%, it goes on 50% when the card reach 70C and thats really the max temp I can get it to run at. Card can handle 90C+ anyway.
    Last edited by LeVvE; 2012-01-14 at 08:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    People forget that the fan isn't solely for the GPU itself but for the ICs and VRM's on the PCB as well and if the GPU is hitting 90C then the VRM's are typically much higher than that. Furthermore, common causes of early deaths in graphics cards is the VRM's burning themselves up from heat more so than the GPU itself. The fan is rated for 35,000-50,000 hours of operation at 100% fan speed consistently so if you want to run 100%, so be it. If the fan dies prematurely then this is why we have warranties and either way it would have died at some point being it most likely had a fault to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Saithes View Post
    People forget that the fan isn't solely for the GPU itself but for the ICs and VRM's on the PCB as well and if the GPU is hitting 90C then the VRM's are typically much higher than that. Furthermore, common causes of early deaths in graphics cards is the VRM's burning themselves up from heat more so than the GPU itself. The fan is rated for 35,000-50,000 hours of operation at 100% fan speed consistently so if you want to run 100%, so be it. If the fan dies prematurely then this is why we have warranties and either way it would have died at some point being it most likely had a fault to begin with.
    At least my card is rated to be able to run at 90C+ for extended time, sure it will lower it's lifespan but thats not the case, people cranking up fan speeds to 100% at below 70C. Maybe AMD cards can't handle those temps but I don't know, I'm using nVidia, AMD is too loud for me even running with the driver fan speeds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeVvE View Post
    LOL @ 100% already at 40C, thats even below idle temp of 75% of the cards out there, and I prefer noice over temps as I always have my PC on. My fan profile never goes above 50%, it goes on 50% when the card reach 70C and thats really the max temp I can get it to run at. Card can handle 90C+ anyway.
    Idle / WoW useage is typically around 25-35C

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Idle / WoW useage is typically around 25-35C
    My 480 idle at those temps.