Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I feel like I need assistance with Combat

So I felt like I was doing decently well with my rogue while playing Combat, but after running my character through Shadowcraft, it estimates that I should be doing around 38k DPS. In fights like Ultraxion, I only pull about 32k (which I felt was fine) but it doesn't feel like enough after reading that. Note, that when I do Ultraxion on LFR I only pull about 34-35k (I Feint to avoid using Heroic Will).

If anyone has any suggestions I'd be willing to listen. I fixed Shadowcraft's buffs to display only what I have up most of the time (no lust or potions) so I know it's not that just buffing the numbers.

Here's a copy of this week's logs from Ultraxion:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/i...?s=2838&e=3183

Feel free to browse the other ones and such. Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sunae/advanced

Thanks for any advice. I'd love to improve myself to Shadowcraft's level if possible, assuming it's correct.

Your Slice and Dice uptime is 94.4%, that should be as close to 100% as possible.

Also, your group doesn't have the melee haste buff. That 10% attack speed is HUGE. More poison procs, more mastery procs, more combat potency procs.

They have 2 shamans = melee + spell haste should be both available
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Unless I was being blind I couldn't see it on WoL in his buff list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Unless I was being blind I couldn't see it on WoL in his buff list.
    Well... I didn't check them to be honest.

It's just that IIRC elemental and resto shamans can use the melee haste air totem too (afaik it's not enhancement's special treat). It is rather possible that they are being retarded and both use wrath of air.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

I'm sure he had it, it probably doesn't show up since there is no combat log entry for it on the boss (the shaman dropped it before fight started,) similar to how it does not show uptime for kings/motw.

On (normal) Ultraxion as a rogue you NEVER hit that button unless you have fading light AND cloak of shadows is on cooldown. You used it 10 times and only had fading light 3 times which means you hit it at least 8 extra times (maybe 9 depending on timing). Other than that and the extra ~4% uptime you could get on SnD, I don't see anything else.

Does your comp have every possible buff/debuff thats beneficial to you? Too lazy to check, but shadowcraft assumes you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahdehl View Post
    Your Slice and Dice uptime is 94.4%, that should be as close to 100% as possible.

Also, your group doesn't have the melee haste buff. That 10% attack speed is HUGE. More poison procs, more mastery procs, more combat potency procs.
    Wow I didn't realize it had fallen off, I'll try to keep that up. I'll talk to one of the shamans and ask about having a windfury totem down to help (unless it's already up before the fight starts, as sleepingforest suggested).
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou View Post
    On (normal) Ultraxion as a rogue you NEVER hit that button unless you have fading light AND cloak of shadows is on cooldown. You used it 10 times and only had fading light 3 times which means you hit it at least 8 extra times (maybe 9 depending on timing). Other than that and the extra ~4% uptime you could get on SnD, I don't see anything else.

Does your comp have every possible buff/debuff thats beneficial to you? Too lazy to check, but shadowcraft assumes you do.
    I stated in my post somewhere that I checked off the buffs that I don't have constant uptime on such as potions, lust, and the sort. However, are you sure I shouldn't be using Heroic Will with all of the Hour of Twilights? I'm kind of afraid to do without it, but I can give it a shot next week.

Also, didn't know CloS cleared fading light, thanks for the tip!

Um for fading light, let me be clear on this before you die as when you say 'clear' I think theres a misunderstanding. You can only cloak immune the damage. You can not cloak off the debuff and you can not simply resist the damage.

You can feint and survive the twilight (at least on normal) and still have plenty of hp so the ae won't gib you before the healers get out. Which dps/healer are you using to soak it anyway? I mean rogues are usually the common choice since we can eat everyone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Um for fading light, let me be clear on this before you die as when you say 'clear' I think theres a misunderstanding. You can only cloak immune the damage. You can not cloak off the debuff and you can not simply resist the damage.

You can feint and survive the twilight (at least on normal) and still have plenty of hp so the ae won't gib you before the healers get out. Which dps/healer are you using to soak it anyway? I mean rogues are usually the common choice since we can eat everyone.
    Actually the way we do it, we have our bear tank soak all of the Hour of Twilight hits and he takes all of the Fading Lights. When we started doing Ultraxion a few weeks ago our DK OT was having issues with the button for some reason and we worked out a way to have the bear soak all the big hitters. After the DK got his things worked out, we decided not to try and fix something that isn't broken. But I'll try to use Feint for 'em next week.

Also, I checked with both of our Shaman and one of them said they are using WF totem.

Only having the tank eating it is enough in 10m? Wtf... Well thats an entirely different discussion...

If your raid isn't cool with you eating it with feint and having to heal you since as you say its not broken if the boss is dead, thats unfortunate but oh well. If you are looking to up your dps though, its worth running by them. Either way though you can cloak immune the fading light.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll definitely try the CloS thing, it sounds like a nice way to avoid having to use the button. It sounds like it should help a bit!

But yeah, we have two tanks but what I THINK happens is our bear tanks it as normal and eats all of the Hours. When he has the Fading Light debuff or when he is in the normal realm, the DK OT takes it for a few seconds. The bear taunts just before the next Fading Light is given out and, although he causes no threat, Fading Light is given to the bear due to the mechanics of taunt and Fading Light being given to Ultraxion's targeted tank. He thinks it's more fun to do it this way as it gives him more to do.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 06:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jaiie View Post
    Keep in mind that Shadowcraft has some bugs in it at the moment that over-value some things and under-value others. The best gauge of your dps would be to use simcraft with your existing raid buffs and profile. It should more accurately model your dps.

Ultraxion is not the 'perfect' Patchwerk due to Fading Light and Hour of Twilight, but you should generally do about 95-98% of Simcraft's simulated dps for that fight (depending on how often you get Fading Light).
    I'll grab Simcraft real quick then and try it out. I wasn't aware of Shadowcraft's bugs.
    Last edited by Hanto; 2012-01-13 at 11:43 PM.

I specifically tried that last week. It did not work for me. Hour of Twilight I have not yet tried. But Fading Light / Cloak of Shadows immunity did not work. My raid got annoyed when I tried it, too.
    I hate saying this line, but you're doing it wrong. I have done it every week since DS came out. You need to cloak with 0 seconds remaining on the buff so that it expires during immunity, otherwise as happened to you, you will die.

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of bugs to be specifically aware of: Stacking trinket (Wrath of Unchaining) procs as well as No'Kaled (all versions) tend to either inflate your dps by much more than it should or the EP value for them is miscalculated (the case of the trinkets). Simulationcraft has generally been within 1-2% of my actual dps (with appropriate raid buffs marked) on Ultraxion (and using Heroic Will on every Fading Light or Hour of Twilight). By comparison, Shadowcraft reports my dps should be a LOT higher. Aldrianna has acknowledged there is a bug in the trinket section and the weapons may not be calculated properly (No'Kaled, of any version, in particular) and should be fixed in a future version.
    Yeah I just ran it through Simcraft and I have about 36.7k dps, which is still off by about 3-4k from what I usually pull. However, it's still counting Rupture into my rotation and I do not use it at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanto View Post
    Yeah I just ran it through Simcraft and I have about 36.7k dps, which is still off by about 3-4k from what I usually pull. However, it's still counting Rupture into my rotation and I do not use it at all.
    But you should. You have a FeralTank as well as an ArmsWarri in your Raid, meaning the Boss has a 30% weakness to bleeds...not using rupture under these circumstances is a dps loss.

Also you need to take a look at your reforging and gear in general. You seem to value mastery over hit, which is wrong...until spell hit cap, mastery is weaker than spell hit for a combat rogue, especially on tank&spank fights like Ultraxion. You lack a head enchant, at least that´s what the armory tells me (which is sometimes buggy, apologies if you have your head all shiney-enchanty)

And then there´s your Mainhand-Weapon. I don´t want to turn this into a NoKaled vs. Fear Thread, but IMO the Stage1 Set Daggers are ahead...due to its socket + Socket Bonus, Fear has a higher base agility, and there is the HUGE agility buff from stacks to consider as well...both profiting from MotW/BoK, even though it takes some time to stack the latter up. Also, while the SpellDamage procc of NoKaled is nice and all, Fear gives you Crit, Hit AND Haste (Three 2nd Stats). All things considered, this more than makes up for the loss in Killing-Spree dmg and the small difference in Main Gauche (which, as stated above does not account for much of a combat rogues dmg anyway)

Again, there are a thousand different opinions on this, all i can tell you, is that my gear is almost similar to yours...i have a slightly higher item lvl, but, due to tough luck in loot, no set bonus at all...and i regularly pull of 35-36k dps on ultraxion 10man.
    Last edited by mmoc486dcfca17; 2012-01-14 at 04:53 AM.

Keep in mind that Shadowcraft has some bugs in it at the moment that over-value some things and under-value others. The best gauge of your dps would be to use simcraft with your existing raid buffs and profile. It should more accurately model your dps.

Ultraxion is not the 'perfect' Patchwerk due to Fading Light and Hour of Twilight, but you should generally do about 95-98% of Simcraft's simulated dps for that fight (depending on how often you get Fading Light).

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 03:37 PM ----------

I specifically tried that last week. It did not work for me. Hour of Twilight I have not yet tried. But Fading Light / Cloak of Shadows immunity did not work. My raid got annoyed when I tried it, too.
    Tried it too last week. Didn't work. I got Fading Light debuff and second or two before it runs out i use CoS and I still die. Also, my raid leader was very annoyed .
    p.s. I just noticed the response regarding CoS and using it when debuff hits 0. Will try it next week
    Last edited by Khas; 2012-01-14 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorzzara View Post
    And then there´s your Mainhand-Weapon. I don´t want to turn this into a NoKaled vs. Fear Thread, but IMO the Stage1 Set Daggers are ahead...due to its socket + Socket Bonus, Fear has a higher base agility, and there is the HUGE agility buff from stacks to consider as well...both profiting from MotW/BoK, even though it takes some time to stack the latter up. Also, while the SpellDamage procc of NoKaled is nice and all, Fear gives you Crit, Hit AND Haste (Three 2nd Stats). All things considered, this more than makes up for the loss in Killing-Spree dmg and the small difference in Main Gauche (which, as stated above does not account for much of a combat rogues dmg anyway)
    Not sure why you mentioned it then... but seriously if people are still working on whether p2 daggers or the normal axe is better, don't you think its pretty obvious that its better than p1 daggers? He absolutely should not switch from the axe back to p1 as it is a large dps loss. If you ever actually used p1 and switch to the axe you would see they are not even remotely close.

Edit: Also you are behind the times on rupture. Most rogues raiding hm's (including pretty much all the rogues in the top guilds) no longer rupture. Roguedurr had a nice explanation why which I'm sure you can find with the search feature.

@Khas
    You only have immunity for a very, very short time right when you cloak, the majority of the buff just gives you what is referred to as cloak resist which unfortunately does not protect you from a very large amount of boss mechanics that the immunity works on (fading light included).

Not sure why you mentioned it then... but seriously if people are still working on whether p2 daggers or the normal axe is better, don't you think its pretty obvious that its better than p1 daggers? He absolutely should not switch from the axe back to p1 as it is a large dps loss. If you ever actually used p1 and switch to the axe you would see they are not even remotely close.

Edit: Also you are behind the times on rupture. Most rogues raiding hm's (including pretty much all the rogues in the top guilds) no longer rupture. Roguedurr had a nice explanation why which I'm sure you can find with the search feature.

@Khas
    You only have immunity for a very, very short time right when you cloak, the majority of the buff just gives you what is referred to as cloak resist which unfortunately does not protect you from a very large amount of boss mechanics that the immunity works on (fading light included).
    My latency is usually around 40-100. Having that said - if i got it correctly, when Fading Light reaches 0, then i use CoS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Khas View Post
    My latency is usually around 40-100. Having that said - if i got it correctly, when Fading Light reaches 0, then i use CoS ?
    Yeah. I usually have ~60 and I hit it asap when I see 0 seconds left. I mean obviously your window is reasonably small but cloak isn't on gcd so its not an issue. Also, some people (including me before I fixed it) get client side slow down (not latency) on Ultraxion, needless to say any kind of delay in your input can kill you so if you're chugging along at 10 fps or something, may not want to try. I don't mean to make it sound difficult or risky as it isn't, I also just don't want some one blaming me because they died :P

But it works exactly the same as how on Domo you could cloak the exploding seeds at 0 seconds left to immune the damage and avoid having your damage buff reset, except I guess if you messed that up you just reset your buff and didn't die.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2012-01-15 at 10:42 AM.

Yeah. I usually have ~60 and I hit it asap when I see 0 seconds left. I mean obviously your window is reasonably small but cloak isn't on gcd so its not an issue. Also, some people (including me before I fixed it) get client side slow down (not latency) on Ultraxion, needless to say any kind of delay in your input can kill you so if you're chugging along at 10 fps or something, may not want to try. I don't mean to make it sound difficult or risky as it isn't, I also just don't want some one blaming me because they died :P

But it works exactly the same as how on Domo you could cloak the exploding seeds at 0 seconds left to immune the damage and avoid having your damage buff reset, except I guess if you messed that up you just reset your buff and didn't die.
    will try it next reset thanks a lot
    p.s. i cant blame you for my deaths. My Guild Leader pays hunters 2k gold to put MD on me and i die ofcourse. And its still my fault; So they say
    Last edited by Khas; 2012-01-15 at 10:54 AM.