Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    although i gotta admit though

i think thats one of the reasons why sw tor is going to take a shit soon.people are to spoiled by wow being out for so long and being so good that there just gonna expect bioware to clap there hands and make everything as smooth gameplay wise as wow and it wont happen and they'll all just leave

Quote Originally Posted by CrunkJuice5 View Post
    casuals

one of the reasons ive hated the wow community since day 1
    and you cant really say "wow is more polished then sw tor" because lets see

world of warcraft has been out for 7 years

star wars the old republic hasnt even been out a month yet
    Is someone cranky and needs a nap?
    "Peace is a lie"

and you cant really say "wow is more polished then sw tor" because lets see

world of warcraft has been out for 7 years

star wars the old republic hasnt even been out a month yet
    If your gonna release a new game you need to improve on what current games have.

This polished bullshit is a terrible excuse.

Rift was more polished than star wars.

As far as bosses not being a challenge
    top guilds in wow have said the bosses were pretty easy,and you know the bosses are easy when world of warcraft raiders say they are because the difficulty level of raids in wow is a joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Judge Malthred View Post
    The auto attack mechanic has nothing to do with anything you just typed. And the main use I got out of the auto attack button also has nothing to do with anything you just typed. So that is probably why you don't understand. Not sure who is making it a big deal either but you seem to think people are.
    Feel free to elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Thirdly the worlds and quests and dungeons are god dam boring. Pvp is terrible and mechanics of bosses is not a challenge.
    opinion.
    The worlds are great, recreating the star wars universe beautifully. Perhaps Sci fi isn't your thing?

PvP is terrible? Yeah, I guess it is terrible when you're a lowbie still figuring out how to play your class/spec. There are ways around it until max level, believe me. I've played 3 classes to at least level 15 and still have fun even if I am getting nuked by level 50s. (btw, separating brackets soon). But that's just my opinion.

I find the PvP mechanics for games like huttball to be a nice refresher! Force jumping up to people, yanking noob ball carriers out of fire, gripping baddies INTO fire...

I can't really speak on boss mechanics. I'm a pvp-centric player and level 49. I've done maybe 3 flashpoints.

Anyway, back on topic. I've got the WoW sub for a year going on too, and i log on my druid and shaman weekly to do the LFR. Everything feels polished, of course. It's a WoW boss fight, they've had years to perfect it. LFR only works well now because it's been out for over a month and everyone's had a chance to see the fights, so there are more geared average players in 'em now simplifying the encounters.

N'est pas?

I played WoW on my bros account over christmas and did some PvP/PvE. I notably played on his Mage and comparing it with my BH I notice that the difference is that the Mage can spam so many instants and the globals are super short (no cooldown on sheep but 1min CD on concussion shot). Also played his Rogue and comparing it with my Assassin. Other than shorter CDs and more instant spams the combat is as fluid in SWTOR as it is in WoW. I am glad I am not having the technical and possibly player related issues that I read on the forums. I haven't heard any of my guildmates complain about the combat being sticky either so /shrug.

The instant LFR/LFD, armory, loot tables, guides that tell you how to gear in WoW does make it easier to play. I sometimes think man what is the loot progression and which boss do I need to go kill to get my slot upgrades. I wish on some nights they had a LFD so I can just burn through all my weekly heroics...

...but then I realize the good memories I have in WoW were when I was looking for something without the "answer being available in the back of the book". When I finally found it or I stumbled upon something new it was an accomplishment that satisfied me more than grinding will ever do. The best tier set I collected and still have is my Devout Set because I pieced every single dungeon group together.

I miss WoW being easy but I still have with me memories when WoW was good and realize FOR ME SWTOR is in the stage that I enjoyed most in WoW. So playing WoW over break made me realized how good it is to play SWTOR now, before the game gets patched for the facerollers.

no one has a GUN POINT TO THERE HEAD TO PLAY SWTOR, if everyone liked swtor it would be over 5million subs or MORE! BUT ITS not the case, not everyone is gonna play swtor, we KNOW that, we get it. If u like WoW thats fine, most of the ppl in this thread plays WoW, or plays BOTH! or just plays SWTOR, we get it, but the point is that if you are PLAYING WOW and bought swtor and played swtor and went back to WOW and felt nostigia! then it means u missed it, cause its such a polished game but WHAT DO you do when your done with LFR, or regular RAIDS, cause WOW'S quest sucks, we use SWTOR as a filler.

15+ Year Old Account
    If your gonna release a new game you need to improve on what current games have.

except rift is a carbon copy of wow with 5% better graphics.

10+ Year Old Account
    casuals

one of the reasons ive hated the wow community since day 1
    You are kidding yourself if you think that either game does not or will not cater to casual players. Pretty sure they want as many subs as possible and most players are not hardcore.
    I like sandwiches

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account

Nope. Do they run the same game engine? No, they don't. Don't pull shit out of your ass.

This is Biowares first MMO. And by the looks of it, they're are doing extremely well, compared to their competitors in the startup phase.

Did you even play RIFT? I played from the start, 5-6 months out. And no, it was not more polished.

Can people think before they post here? Please?

Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    The only phasing is during your class specific interactions, and its often times just one room that you talk to your quest giver then leave. Heroics are mini instances, a full party can enter.

If you dont like the voice acting there is an option to skip the movies. And you can spacebar thru any dialog.

As far as bosses not being a challenge... well it makes me wonder if you played past level 10.

I dont understand the point of this post.
    Its my opinion.

The game is overall a waste of time.

Voice acting is overated.

Game is too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by shewkoi View Post
    except rift is a carbon copy of wow with 5% better graphics.
    funny people have called star wars a copy of wow to

i think i remember it being refered to as "wow in space" but whatever i know for sure ill probably end up playing it if wow stays as boring as its been lately

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its my opinion.

Game is too easy.
    Nice. You just downrated the whole MMORPG genre. Your first and only MMORPG is WoW, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Its my opinion.

Game is too easy.
    you know there's more than one planet in SWTOR. you can't just stay on hutta until the mobs are grey and then think the game is over at level 12...

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Nice. You just downrated the whole MMORPG genre. Your first and only MMORPG is WoW, right?
    First mmo was everquest. Still better than this shit.

There is a way to go your point across, this is not the right way. Please refrain from posting like this in the future. Thank you. - Buckwald
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2012-01-13 at 10:20 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    First mmo was everquest. Still better than this shit.
    You're one special person. I'll give you that.

lets face it, there is no other MMO's closer to WoW, other mmo's tried and failed, NOT COMPLETELY FAILED but not up to wow standard, so why do ppl expect SWTOR to be like WoW when other MMO'S failed? i dont understand this. MMO's gains popularity when ppl, human beings likes the game. Swtor is not gonna be like wow in a matter of days or weeks or months. It will take sometimes, a year or 2 but THIS IS NOT A SWTOR VS WOW, OP is just stating "hey, i went back to wow for the heck of it and did LFR, he had a blast, he had fun".

look at wow vanilla it didnt have 8 million subs back then, the game wasnt that polish, there was a lot of bugs, the character/class looks cartoonish, design wasnt that hard cause they had warcraft, they were a;ready successful with d1, d2, starcraft. Your talking about blizzards, they are the best when it comes to games. To be compared to WoW in a matter of weeks, is almost impossbile.
    Last edited by coolye; 2012-01-13 at 08:11 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolye View Post
    lets face it, there is no other MMO's closer to WoW, other mmo's tried and failed, NOT COMPLETELY FAILED but not up to wow standard, so why do ppl expect SWTOR to be like WoW when other MMO'S failed? i dont understand this. MMO's gains popularity when ppl, human beings likes the game. Swtor is not gonna be like wow in a matter of days or weeks or months. It will take sometimes, a year or 2 but THIS IS NOT A SWTOR VS WOW, OP is just stating "hey, i went back to wow for the heck of it and did LFR, he had a blast, he had fun".
    Steveyboy begs to differ. He's here to explain us that this game is less polished than RIFT in the startup phase. And how this game is the worst thing ever to strike the MMO community.

Can't expect people like that to not show up, when this is a subforum in a WoW community.

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Steveyboy begs to differ. He's here to explain us that this game is less polished than RIFT in the startup phase. And how this game is the worst thing ever to strike the MMO community.

Can't expect people like that to not show up, when this is a subforum in a WoW community.
    Its my opinion.