Thread: Deathgrip

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    What it should do is enrage the horse so it charges back to where you are and headbutts the DK with a corresponding knockback, disarm and 60-second un-trinketable, un-dispellable stun. On the DK's screen, the scene should switch to a big INTERMISSION page with that dancing goblin from the "play free to level 20" ads all over the web until the stun wears off.

Meanwhile, you get back on your horse and a small cadre of nearby villagers walks up cheering. The mayor's beautiful daughter, single, 21 and heiress to a small castle-guarded island off the nearby coast, hands you a bouquet of flowers (with a handwritten note inviting you to meet her later that evening in a discreet moonlit glen) and you slowly guide your horse through the falling confetti and rose petals as the cheers echo from the village shops.
    A mechanical squirrel with a Vial of Shadows could launch a solo assault on Lordaeron and probably make it to the throne room.

Quote Originally Posted by stunlawk View Post
    What it should do is enrage the horse so it charges back to where you are and headbutts the DK with a corresponding knockback, disarm and 60-second un-trinketable, un-dispellable stun. On the DK's screen, the scene should switch to a big INTERMISSION page with that dancing goblin from the "play free to level 20" ads all over the web until the stun wears off.

Meanwhile, you get back on your horse and a small cadre of nearby villagers walks up cheering. The mayor's beautiful daughter, single, 21 and heiress to a small castle-guarded island off the nearby coast, hands you a bouquet of flowers (with a handwritten note inviting you to meet her later that evening in a discreet moonlit glen) and you slowly guide your horse through the falling confetti and rose petals as the cheers echo from the village shops.
    oh my god, I love you

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Should not be permitted to be used on mounted players, period. And before you say it, no it's not comparable to the countless 30yard slows other classes have. Being able to watch someone ride by and then use an instant cast to drag them across the map back while mounted in BS. Has been since they were introduced, and still is now.
    I find it just as irritating as you don't get me wrong, however, what's the difference between this and say a mage either Frost nova (pet)/slow/blast wave into a sheep? Or a rogue shadow stepping into a sap or a warlock death coil into a fear or a hunter scatter shot into trap? The list goes on and on. I realize that death grip takes the least amount of setup, but still... I have alts of all of the above and routinely use each of the above to dismount or slow players riding by in say WSG or any other BG.

Death gripping someone that's mounted isn't the problem. However, due to latency, I totally understand the feeling that you are getting death gripped from 50 yards away/
    CPU: i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz l Cooler: Noctua NH-D14 l MB: Asrock Z77 Xtreme4 l Memory: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws X l GPU: Gigabyte Windforce GTX 670 l SSD: Crucial M4 256 GB l HDD: WD 1TB Caviar Black l PSU: Corsair HX850 l Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower l
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzardsoldoutin2009 View Post
    i'm going to report you for trolling. you don't have the right to disagree with my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Danur View Post
    Sap requires melee range.
    HAHAHAHA no it doesn't and here's proof.

Deleted
    Whats diffrent between a cc ability and a regular damage spell?
    Why would we be able to cast fireballs and not DG?
    Ok, So I mount up and now noone can attack me. It's a divine shield!!!!

On topic ofc you should be able to cast ALL spells on mounted people.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2012-01-15 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    While that's true, you get into melee range automatically if you use shadow step, so it wouldn't change a thing in this case.

I guess the reason for OP's complaint is, because Death Grip is a gap closer for the whole enemy team, while Charge or Shadow Step only get one player into melee range. Considering, that DG is the only form of support/mobility, DKs have, it is not op in my eyes.

The most success I had with stopping players on a mount as melee class has to be with my rogue, though (hunter for ranged class with glyphed Conc Shot btw). Sprint+Distract+Shadow Step+Sap works on roughly 35-40 yards range and I don't even have to leave stealth to pull this off.

Quote Originally Posted by Arazen View Post
    I guess the reason for OP's complaint is, because Death Grip is a gap closer for the whole enemy team, while Charge or Shadow Step only get one player into melee range. Considering, that DG is the only form of support/mobility, DKs have, it is not op in my eyes.
    Of course it isn't. The OP is just whining for no good reason. A snare (slow) is still just as effective in the situation he describes. The only way that it really overshadows snares is getting them out of range of their healer(s) for a moment or in 40-man battlegrounds like Alterac Valley where the death gripped person basically gets auto-targeted by all the DPS and demolished.

What I don't get is why DK's with say 30% health use Deathgrip. I have been DG'd to a DK that I did not even see. That DK dies.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes get things that others don't, get over it. You're one of the QQers that makes WoW more and more homogenized by giving all classes the same abilities because you think that "Bring the player, not the class." is a good strategy. If it worked without homogenizing my used to be favorite game? Sure!! It's great!! But they homogenize the game. It is a distance closer. Ranged classes can shoot you from afar, that means for melee to be balanced with range, we need distance closers.