Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I liken the OPs point of view to attending a 10 year olds baseball game and being annoyed when they suck, what do you expect? its pug warzones.
    Get a premade if you want to be remotely competitive or accept that is what pug pvp is like and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by rol3x View Post
    I liken the OPs point of view to attending a 10 year olds baseball game and being annoyed when they suck, what do you expect? its pug warzones.
    Get a premade if you want to be remotely competitive or accept that is what pug pvp is like and move on.
    This.

It's the difference between casual and hardcore (or wannabe hardcore, at least). Some people don't start playing with the resolve that they "must" finish a raid or they "must" win X games of Huttball. If they down the boss, hey, great. Some cool loot, some fun gaming times. If they win a game, cool... er, next game now? If not? Next game now? See you again tomorrow?

You don't seem to be a hardcore PVPer, from the simple fact that you're expecting maximum performance (regardless of what level it may be) from random people you've met in a warzone. You seem to want more out of a game than they do, which is fine, but don't rage at them for neither wanting the same rewards as you, nor wanting to put in the same effort to acquire them.

And sure as hell don't get pissed at them because they can find it fun playing the game their way.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    They started to show up on mario kart, the game that made second and third place "acceptable".
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

I agree with the OP to some extent. I don't mind if we lose and I expect the PUG warzones to be pretty random. Might get a good team, might get a bunch of noobs, whatever you make the most of it. But when your daily mission is to win 3 warzones, and you lose 10 or so matches in a row, you start getting REALLY upset about losing.

Deleted
    It is weird, I have not seen this mentality on my server at all. Last night I was thrown into a group consisting of players varying from lvl 18 to (1) lvl 50. The team we played against consisted of 8 lvl 50, 4 were from 1 guild and all fully decked out in pvp gear. Of course we got steamrolled.....

But we kept trying and trying and trying. No one gave up.... Was it fun to be steamrolled? Nope, but I was proud we kept trying anyway.

So no, I have not seen this attitude the OP describes.

Listen up folks, I dont expect randoms strangers to play uber nice, Hardcore and all that, I dont even do that my self, My max ive had as a sorc is 9 medals, Not great buts its decent among what ive seen and played with. I SHOULD be able to espect them to try however. Im not saying jimmy the child, 13 year old who joined Huttball his first time will pass the ball on ever occasion, But if he knows how to toss the ball, he should throw it when we tell him to, Ive seen players getting the ball thrown at them, Litteratly 1 step from End zone. Yet they just stand around, With full Resolve bar, completly stun imune, and keep nuking down there target. Cuss, getting 300k dmg medal is so much more important than scoreing a goal im right?..

It's the difference between casual and hardcore (or wannabe hardcore, at least). Some people don't start playing with the resolve that they "must" finish a raid or they "must" win X games of Huttball. If they down the boss, hey, great. Some cool loot, some fun gaming times. If they win a game, cool... er, next game now? If not? Next game now? See you again tomorrow?
    Understandable! And i respect it! But WHY do they join the game, And not try to win at all?. Why would, Eric the stranger rather run to middle base alone for an entire game, Than taking a turn left, and help the assault on left?.... THAT is my question.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 01:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herrenos View Post
    OP you sound like the guy at the local shirts and skins basketball game who is yelling at people "f**king BOX OUT" and calling touch fouls.

If you want to be competitive, get some friends who are like-minded and be competitive. You're getting the responses you're getting not because people truly don't care about winning, it's because you're trying to tell strangers how they should be enjoying their recreational time.
    Im suposing your reffering to those adults who try to coach there children while the children play yeah?. I hate them, I cant stand them, Its not there game they arent a part of it. And it has nothing to do with this situration. Lets put it right.

Michael Jordan and Neil is playing on a basket ball team, they are playing a random match agiasnt the local´s from the other side of the street, They are randomly picked 3 team mates (Not sure how many players there is on a basket ball field.. lol...). These 3 players manage to: During the game for its full time.

Stranger 1: running around after he´s tail like a dog. for the entire game, and when Neil tosses him a ball once for help, He gets a fault for stepping too many steps without dripling. (Getting nuked before passing the ball, Jumping into lava, Jumping on purpose into the pitt, etc)

Stranger 2: Making angel jumps at our end zone(Or whatever its called in basket) and when he gets the oppotunity to intercept the best long throw ever, by sidestepping 1 meter, He doesnt cause hes jumping like a boss yo. ( Defender type, Great player, if he actually defended, and cared about the ball, but what he really does is afk farming with a few jumps, Gets the 3 easy medals and forgets about the rest.

Stranger 3: Rushes like a fullgrown Ox down to there end zone, every time he spawns, And Tackles the players so hard so he gets a 2minute. if he gets the ball he wont pass it to ANYONE(Rushes down to there end zone to fight 5 people, Getting nuked down without even doing a single hit, Then proceeds the same producer over the whole game, and refuses to pass it to score.)

Can you see my point?...

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by arceuid View Post
    eh, you'd be considered one of those play for fun people to me OP, 5 medals is really low. i'd expect to get 5 medals if i joined late near the end of a game. i don't have such a negative outlook though, it's the same as spamming scenarios in war or bgs in wow. it's just a grind and how many times you won or lost doesn't matter once you're done.
    Ive seen those people, getting into a fight and gets four medals instantly, I dont know how its done, maybe its becuss im not lvl 50 yet, and i can barely toss out 300k dmg if i dont die at all. But usually, i get these, 75k dmg, 2.5k heal, 1 Killing blow, 10 kills, 25 kills, and 1k defender points, The highest crit ive had till date is 2.3k and that was with full buffs and such. i sometimes get 75k healing if i roll healbot just after ive hit 75k dmg, But it isnt likely. - Im saying im not perfect, Im not one of those guys that can carry a whole team. I might be later on if i stick around, get to max lvl and actually gets some expertise. ive got 0 at it is . Any tips? I´d gladly take em!

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Semihage View Post
    This is going to happen in every multiplayer game.. FPS/RTS/MMO/DOTA.. you name it.. The only solution to this is try to join a guild and play with players you know that want to win.. It can be a lot of fun steamrolling noobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    guild/pre-made, problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by inboundpaper View Post
    Luckily, I am on the winning faction on my server, but I can see where your coming from.
    Its not about winning, Well, Take it down to the letter, and it is, But its about the mentallity of going into a game, And not try its hardest to win. its a game, a game got objectives, conditions to be met, Why do people loose on purpose? Im just trying to figure that out, And yes i realize a guild would solve it, But a guild aint available 24/7. This is about human nature.. and its mentality.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    PVE:

If there was a LFG system, which there will be in the future. You don't go in a random PUG with the mindset of wiping, or to do whatever you want. You go in there to clear the flashpoint. Which is the point. Even if there is a bunch of RANDOM PEOPLE.

PVP:

You enter the warzone with the intention of WINNING. It doesn't matter how noob you are, you try your best to win. Which is the point of a warzone. To beat the enemy. Even if there is a bunch of RANDOM PEOPLE.

Why should PvP be any different from PvE?

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm hoping things will get better once they separate the level 50s from warzones. On my server, if I join a voidstar or civil war, we lose most of the time. The sad part is that my server is empire heavy, but if republic get the upperhand early on in these warzones, the empire gives up and farms for kills.

I love pvp in this game, but I hate the people that actually don't TRY to win. Especially when we do get a bit more commendations and valor for winning.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    I'm hoping things will get better once they separate the level 50s from warzones. On my server, if I join a voidstar or civil war, we lose most of the time. The sad part is that my server is empire heavy, but if republic get the upperhand early on in these warzones, the empire gives up and farms for kills.

I love pvp in this game, but I hate the people that actually don't TRY to win. Especially when we do get a bit more commendations and valor for winning.
    Indeed. I'm probably 50 by tuesday, but i'm happy for the lowbies after the patch. Because playing with epic geared 50's as a lowbie is bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    PVE:

If there was a LFG system, which there will be in the future. You don't go in a random PUG with the mindset of wiping, or to do whatever you want. You go in there to clear the flashpoint. Which is the point. Even if there is a bunch of RANDOM PEOPLE.

PVP:

You enter the warzone with the intention of WINNING. It doesn't matter how noob you are, you try your best to win. Which is the point of a warzone. To beat the enemy. Even if there is a bunch of RANDOM PEOPLE.

Why should PvP be any different from PvE?
    Their will never be a, "Looking for baddies" system, in any future, successful MMO.

SWToR needs to stay vanilla, until it finds it's legs.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Their will never be a, "Looking for baddies" system, in any future, sucessful MMO.

Yes, it will. Probably realm-limited though.

Edit:

I'm not PRO-LFG. But let's keep this out of this thread.
    Last edited by Winfernal; 2012-01-14 at 02:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Their will never be a, "Looking for baddies" system, in any future, successful MMO.
    This isnt a discussion about if your Pro or Anti LFG System. Please keep it out of here.

s1ppr, i see your points and i agree. Why shouldnt both be treated equally?.. I dont think a kicking system works in pvp, its too fast paced, We need a system where we can vote these, so they dont get into our ques, But get into there own ques, For there fun.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krogh View Post
    This isnt a discussion about if your Pro or Anti LFG System. Please keep it out of here.

s1ppr, i see your points and i agree. Why shouldnt both be treated equally?.. I dont think a kicking system works in pvp, its too fast paced, We need a system where we can vote these, so they dont get into our ques, But get into there own ques, For there fun.
    Hypocricy stays strong in this case. What if i join a flashpoint, only to explore? And don't care about finishing it? It's the same shit, different day.

A vote-system would be prefered. If you join a premade warzone with any other intentions than WINNING, you deserve a boot. That's how it is in pug PvE, and that's how it is in PuG PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousCarnage View Post
    basically this.

When you are thrown into the mix with whoever at any time don't expect them to value the GAME as much as you do.

People are allowed to have other priorities when its an open game. Just because you can't stand your little ego being crushed in a game or because you arn't mindlessly stacking up pathetic points as much doesn't mean everyone else who plays SWTOR has to throw their life away and put their nose to the grindstone for an overall useless game.
    heh this is a sad way to think.you should always try your best to succeed at life.to "win" i guess i am saying. not trying your best makes it easier to let yourself down after failing maybe? i would guess the opposite but bleh. werent you ever taught to try your best at everything you do? that sounds like winner talk to me not some no life loser. ahh well continue failing at the game and ruining it for the rest of us and be happy .

Quote Originally Posted by Xecks View Post
    heh this is a sad way to think.you should always try your best to succeed at life.to "win" i guess i am saying. not trying your best makes it easier to let yourself down after failing maybe? i would guess the opposite but bleh. werent you ever taught to try your best at everything you do? that sounds like winner talk to me not some no life loser. ahh well continue failing at the game and ruining it for the rest of us and be happy .
    Exhactly, I dont understand how people cant be of the winner mentality..

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exhactly, I dont understand how people cant be of the winner mentality..
    Competition is HEALTHY. It's sad that competition in schools is a no-go for some teachers/politicians. "Let's put everyone as number one!" "Everyone is equal". It's sad. Competition makes you stronger.

I grew up with competitions, both in school, in games and at the workplace. It made me a better person, and it still does.

I dont get it, I dont get what these people define as fun, They tell me to get the fuck out of there game cuss im ruining theres. yet they do exhactly the same by having this mentallity. (Seriously, No it aint fun being run over for 15mins for 10k exp. or 300 valor. Seriously, Its not.)
    (Disclaimer: I dont see this as a biow problem, Its caused by this FANTASTIC Community that we all claim to be so needed).
    When valor and commendations mean absolutely nothing and the fun of fighting other players is all you care about then they are having FUN. You raging at them while they do it is ruining their fun. Sorry, but our goals are different than your goals.

Win or Lose the PVP match does not matter to me. In fact I don't care if I'm Valor level 1 or 100 because I doubt that I'll buy the PVP gear...

So thanks for being a warm body in my matches!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post
    When valor and commendations mean absolutely nothing and the fun of fighting other players is all you care about then they are having FUN. You raging at them while they do it is ruining their fun. Sorry, but our goals are different than your goals.

Win or Lose the PVP match does not matter to me. In fact I don't care if I'm Valor level 1 or 100 because I doubt that I'll buy the PVP gear...

Win or Lose, it doesn't matter to me either. What matters to me is that i tried. That goes for my team also.

But if you on purpose enter a BG, only to be dead-meat for your team. It's more about being a douchebag, than doing whatever you think is fun.

And if that is the case, go ahead. But please stay away from my server.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaerin View Post

They are ruining my fun? And the fact that your dont care if your valor 1 or 100 is COMPLETLY irrilevant, If you arent going into a pvp match to win it, Your a Shackle around the legs of your CO-Players. Aka, They should have the pussibility to Vote you as a "Having fun type of person"(its sounds negative, but it really isnt) So you get to que with people that only care about medals and kills, And i get to que with people that actually wanner play the game.

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 07:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by s1ppr View Post
    Competition is HEALTHY. It's sad that competition in schools is a no-go for some teachers/politicians. "Let's put everyone as number one!" "Everyone is equal". It's sad. Competition makes you stronger.

I grew up with competitions, both in school, in games and at the workplace. It made me a better person, and it still does.
    Could not agree more, People that wont pull an effort to be number one, Losses out in the end, And in life, Im not to jugde, But the winner mentallity is a Win/win for everyone, Even on teams, schools, and the like, Theres always gonna be a looser, No doubt about it, But if you just throw the tovel into the ring before the match starts.. Then i feel sorry for you.