Do I need to be on a PvP server to find enough PvP?

OK this might sound like a dumb question. In that other game, which this forum mostly centers around, I was able to PvP even at a high level if I was on a PvE server because of rated BGs, Arenas, and also cross server BGs. But it seems like hardly anyone is looking in fleet chat to put premades together and there dont seem to be any pvp guilds on my server. Also queue times seem to take forever as Empire. Would switching to a pvp server help my queue times? I dont care if all I get is hutball its better than nothing.

Deleted
    It's more likely to be a server population issue than the server type. That said, I'm on a high pop pvp server and get 1~ min queues for warzones, often lower, rarely higher.

If you want faster queue times roll Republic
    Yub Yub

Quote Originally Posted by Alkestis View Post
    It's more likely to be a server population issue than the server type. That said, I'm on a high pop pvp server and get 1~ min queues for warzones, often lower, rarely higher.
    is this as empire or republic.

---------- Post added 2012-01-13 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by anewok View Post
    If you want faster queue times roll Republic
    been thinking about it only thing is I love my female operative and healing. I detest the female republic counterpart, her voice sounds like someone is butchering a bunch of cats. But I do like the commando voice so might go that route if I go republic.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-01-13 at 09:54 PM.

I'm on a fairly High pop server (sword of ajunta pall) Sith and have ~ 1 min ques. Sometimes when queuing w/ a group it can run closer to 5min, but about 50% of the time when queuing by myself have instant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    is this as empire or republic.
    Sorry, forgot to mention. It's Empire.

Because of Huttball, queue times are pretty low on High population servers. I rarely have to wait more than 30 seconds to a minute, even in a group of 4.

For trying to get pvp on a PvE server it will really depend on the server, but I would say you'd likely have an easier time on a PvP server. But a high pop PvE server would probably be better than a low pop PvP.

I'm on a pretty good pop pve server (Mind trick, republic side)

queue times range from instant to 3 minutes. Pretty easy to find a group to go with when you ask, though i usually run solo or with guildmates/when someone asks me.

As far as finding active pvpers, thats another story. I'm the highest ranked player on republic side and i'm only valor rank 56.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Spy View Post
    I'm on a pretty good pop pve server (Mind trick, republic side)

queue times range from instant to 3 minutes. Pretty easy to find a group to go with when you ask, though i usually run solo or with guildmates/when someone asks me.

As far as finding active pvpers, thats another story. I'm the highest ranked player on republic side and i'm only valor rank 56.
    hows your win:loss ratio when queuing solo?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    hows your win:loss ratio when queuing solo?
    howunomyname?!

anyways. It varies depending on who else is queueing, i've had days where we get rolled in 90% of the games, and days where we stomp 90%.

It averages out to pretty even.