What % do you hit Haste soft cap

I was reading around the forums and I have seen different places saying that at a certain amount of haste you hit GCD block. Does anyone know the number or the % in which you hit that soft cap? im currently at 2097

It depends if you have T12 4pc, T13 4pc, or 2 + 2.
    Last edited by Wingwraith; 2012-01-13 at 10:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

2600 is soft gcd cap for haste then its diminishing returns.

edit for elitist jerks post:

Haste
    Your GCD is affected by various factors such as expertise, Heroism/Bloodlust effects, Runic Corruption, your connection speed and so forth. To repeat what was said earlier, depending on your personal stat values, you will encounter at least one or possibly two haste breakpoints in this tier. The first breakpoint, valued at ~1600 personal haste, will provide the Gargoyle an attack speed that exceeds its own global cooldown of 1.5 seconds. Effectively, any inherited haste beyond this point can have no effect for him: the Gargoyle is GCD locked. The second possible breakpoint in this tier occurs for the player at ~2600 haste. Not to be confused with a hard cap, this benchmark merely represents when rune regeneration rates create diminishing returns via rune capping.
    The best way to approach haste itemization is whether or not you personally experience GCD locks. If you have no trouble expending resources, haste remains highly favored, simple as that.
    Last edited by damescool; 2012-01-13 at 11:12 PM.

There are several, depending on your class. For instance another tick to a dot/hot (that does not automatically refresh) can be considered a soft cap.
    One soft cap that all spellcasters share is the gcd cap of 1 sec, but you need 50% haste for that. Gear alone is not enough for 50% haste and with BL you will most certainly go beyond it, so that soft cap is rather meaningless for gearing.

Generally, I'd say that haste softcaps have a rather low impact on the value of additional haste in most cases, excluding very specific situations, but you should definitely check out the elitistjerks forums if you want to know the details, they're all there.

I just realized the OP did not specify whether he was Frost or Unholy...
    Quote Originally Posted by kumduh View Post
    @Wingwraith: You can haz a point too, but only because you admit you're a tool!

Apologies, I am a Frost DK with 2117 haste right now and i only have 2 set t12 as of now

I'm at 2314 haste atm as frost and I only notice being really gcd capped during bloodlust. Most of the other times my RNG is so terrible my frost fever is falling off
    Last edited by bals; 2012-01-14 at 07:36 AM.

Deleted
    With my "real" gear (in spine gear + reforge atm on armory) I hit 2600 haste as frost DW.