Page 1 of 30
... LastLast

14 Year old Girl Scout calls for cookie boycott.

Just gonna leave this here

What are you guys' thoughts on this one?

That's funny, scouts are sorta known for being pretty openly anti-gay...

10+ Year Old Account
    OP: That's just dumb. Boycotting cookies because the Girl Scouts were acceptive of a transgender? Shouldn't the girl scouts be teaching tolerance rather than bigotry and hatred?
    Putin khuliyo

Her parents must be oh, so very proud of their little bigotette.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting, 2 things:

1) How can a 7 year old be a transgender?
    2) It seems like the parents of the protesting girl scout may be influencing/controlling/forcing her into doing this. This does not seem like something ANY 14 year old would care about, (Trust me, I am 15) Especially if it happened over 800 miles away.
    "Can you truly help someone so intent on being stupid?"
    - Hawke

I came here expecting to cheer for a 14 year old protesting an antiquated organization's backwards decisions.

I'm walking away completely baffled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Interesting, 2 things:

Transgender is more than a sex operation, its a whole personality disorder (for lack of a better term) on its own.
    Putin khuliyo

That she should take back what she said, she clearly has no clue what scouting stands for. Baden-Powell would turn around in his grave if he hears this....

Quote Originally Posted by Majik8ball View Post
    Interesting, 2 things:

2) It seems like the parents of the protesting girl scout may be influencing/controlling/forcing her into doing this. This does not seem like something ANY 14 year old would care about, (Trust me, I am 15) Especially if it happened over 800 miles away.
    I remember hearing of a case when one of a pair of twin boys had his genitals destroyed in a freak accident, and then was raised as a girl. Their life was very chaotic, and it led to his/her suicide.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't really know what to think of this haha

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    That she should take back what she said, she clearly has no clue what scouting stands for. Baden-Powell would turn around in his grave if he hears this....
    I don't know why people keep saying this, scouts is officially anti-homosexuality... if anything, they will support this little girl and kick the transgender kid out of scouts. Not like similar situations haven't happened before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I remember hearing of a case when one of a pair of twin boys had his genitals destroyed in a freak accident, and then was raised as a girl. Their life was very chaotic, and it led to his/her suicide.
    Wasn't that an episode of CSI or Law and Order? Lol

Boy scouts of America(BSA) are very against LGBT behavior. girls scouts are a separat organization. The two aren't actually affiliated. Scouting programs in other countries are fine with it too. It's only the BSA that is run by bigots

in regards to the OP I want some fucking thin mints so bad right now
    Last edited by zephirum; 2012-01-14 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Wasn't that an episode of CSI or Law and Order? Lol
    No it was an actaul case I learned about in Psychology class. It dealt with two Canadian twins. I just can't remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying this, scouts is officially anti-homosexuality... if anything, they will support this little girl and kick the transgender kid out of scouts. Not like similar situations haven't happened before.
    That's not the scouting I grew up with... I live in Europe, don't know how scouting operates in the US.

I remember that case from psych class. One of the twin boys did have his "genitals destroyed in a freak accident" by a doctor during circumcision. He was maybe one or two years old (if I remember correctly), and his parents raised him as a girl from the encouragement of a psychologist. He wanted to see if the boy who is rasied as a girl take on female roles/mentality. He/she did for a little bit, but that didn't last long. When "she" found out that "she" was a he, he took on the role of a male. And your right, he did commit suicide years later.

Sorry, got side tracked. On topic though, there has got to be more to the story of a 7 year old transgender. I'm not sure if a child that age could really want to change sexes.

i dont even see how stuff like this can make the news. so some girl scout doesnt like gays and wants to boycott cookies. BFD. did world peace suddenly happen and now there is no real news to report?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    OP: That's just dumb. Boycotting cookies because the Girl Scouts were acceptive of a transgender? Shouldn't the girl scouts be teaching tolerance rather than bigotry and hatred?
    I agree with op 100%. What a wired way to boycott.

10+ Year Old Account
    No it was an actaul case I learned about in Psychology class. It dealt with two Canadian twins. I just can't remember the name.
    David Reimer, I think. Pretty sad.

On topic: WHAT? Dunno what else to say, kind of a bizarre thing.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Not here in the USA all they preach is intolerance.