Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    they'll then turn around and bitch about games like gw/gw2 that has no end-game gear grind and say that "what's the point"

    they're simply what i called them, people who DO NOT LIKE MMORPGs

    i love the genre. i'm not an FPS guy other than 5 hour per month of a new L4D2 map or something. therefore i don't buy fps games and complain they're like an fps
    Um, yea... I don't really agree. There is room for many different styles of game within the industry and within each genre.

    I do enjoy raid focused endgames and gear progression. Greatly, in fact. Also enjoy RPGs and MMORPGs which don't always have those elements. Shouldn't have any aversion to a particular way of presenting the concept of any given genre.

    No trinity? Yea, that's fine. Make it fun!
    Trinity? Yea, that's fine. Make fun!
    FPS? Yea, that's fine. Make it fun!
    MMO? Yea, that's fine. Make it fun!
    RTS? Yea, that's fine. Make it fun!
    MMORTSFPSMOBA? Make it fun!

    Not looking or interested in playing one type of game or one style of MMO forevermore. I want to play all the gamez!

  2. #42
    Dreadlord haxs101's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Good ol' Tennessee!
    Posts
    941
    Whats wrong with SWTOR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mwarren View Post
    It's a no brainer. Get MW3, Skyrim is just a rehash of Oblivion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neezh View Post
    Because I'm brave enough to smoke. I see no point in quitting

  3. #43
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    but see, swtor has already done that. everyone who loves the RPG ELEMENT OF AN RPG will love swtor..
    I didn't, so you are wrong on that. Surely I am not unique, or else every single MMORPG-player would flock to SWTOR.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  4. #44
    If GW2 isn't good I'll go on living the life I am now because the only game I play atm is League Of Legends anyhow. I stopped playing Cata a few months after it came out, and haven't gone back. So my MMORPG days will probably be over which is sad but probably better for me anyhow xD

    But from all the actually content we have been showed (as opposed to most games in development some trailers and screenshots are all you get) I can't see this game disappointing unless the combat system ends up flawed somehow. I'll give it a few months of my life no matter what.

    I think I am going to love the type of game this is going to be I can't wait to explore and just do things, oh theres a boar kill it, oh theres a cave lets go inside, oh this town is being attacked i better help!... it will be such a relief I remember starting WoW and I used to explore and just do whatever man it was a blast, I would help thse random NPCs getting attacked I would clear that dirty pirate infestation, I would go to the depths of that cave slaying monsters just to see what was down there, but it wasn't the best and fastest way and i quickly found that out. In GW2 it will be the best and only way to play. I LOVE THAT CONCEPT SO MUCH. Its as close to a sandbox MMO experience as I think were going to get.

    Want to do something? GO DO IT! Who cares if you are leveling slowly, who cares if you are far ahead of that content or far behind the system will sidekick you up or down so its still fun and a challenge. Having access to the whole game from level one is just a nerdgasm of awesome.
    Last edited by Balfire; 2012-01-14 at 05:13 AM.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by haxs101 View Post
    Whats wrong with SWTOR?
    It didn't live up to the imaginary game some people thought it was going to be.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    All of this, is opinion based. You feel this way about characters and the game, others do not. And we are, luckily, able to stay in WoW and not being forced to move to let's say...SWTOR.

    My brothers played from launch day, I saw the questing back then and it was not different. There was never individual RPG elements for each character. You need to use imagination based upon how you level the character. You clearly missed the DK starting area, by the way.

    Everyone playing Red Dead Redemption, experienced the same thing. Their John Marston went through the exact same story as my John Marston. But still my saved files > theirs for what I've experienced in them. Same applies for WoW.

    I've had my WOW main for years now, and I would probably cry if she was taken away.

    A bleeding giant can heal, and will always be a giant.

    The server community, was always irrelevant. Noone I know had more than a couple of friends + guild that they hanged out/ran content with unless needing pug people, and they then found people on /trade after much spamming.
    take it up with blizzard, they said their design philosophy evolved and took shape in 2008 with the hiring of greg street. you're disagreeing with them at this point.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronius View Post
    Hehe, I know the feeling =)
    City of Heroes, Age of Conan, Warhammer online, Champions online, Rift, SWtor. I've ridden every fail train.
    Aion?
    /10char

  8. #48
    Honestly, I'd probably be real sad, and just stop playing MMOs for a long time. :/ This is the only time I've looked forward to an MMO since I read about WoW way back when.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Lirik View Post
    I am done with MMO's until titan, I get on the hype train way to often and then get let down on release

    *cough* Rift
    *cough* SWTOR
    but waiting for titan is just hype isnt it...

  10. #50
    im lookin forward to Firefall, first good looking FPS MMO, i cant wait til they add in a pve element to that game, could be intresting having a skillbased shooter PVE encounter
    My Personal/Guild YouTube Channel: Featuring Rise of Professional Gaming Documentary!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/wodderwing2?feature=mhee

    My Armory:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Muxx/advanced

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    3,021
    Maybe Ill try that Archeage MMO, sounded rather interesting having a sandbox like MMO that changes dynamically all the time...

    ..only thing that would kill it is if people could grief you and destroy your stuff while you were gone.

    Either Way, GW2 will have my money when it comes out. It will be a fun experience im sure, the landscapes look beautiful and worth exploring, even if they hold little in them.

    Whether end gameplay grips me or not only time will tell, but it sure looks like I wont have much time on my hands seeing as there is alot to do.

    ... And for gods sake, PVP actually looks like it will be balanced as much as possible for once FFS.

  12. #52
    Mechagnome bloodwulf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    End of the Universe
    Posts
    709
    I am looking forward to GW2, but if it does bomb (not likely but if it does) I will go back to playing SWTOR and WoW. I don't really know why it is so hard for some people to accept that there can be more than one good game. I play WoW strictly to raid 3 nights a week...the rest of my video game time is spent playing SWTOR currently. I am really enjoying the game, and actually like the community on my server. My guild is great and we all enjoy playing both WoW and SWTOR among other games, and we will have an entity in GW2 when it launches. I am not one to set all my hopes into one game, I do this because I am one willing to accept that no game is perfect, and by playing multiple games I can cover all my interests. I play WoW for the 10 man time with my guild, SWTOR for the story and immersion (plus my guild is there as well), and I will play GW2 for its unique attributes.
    "Allons-y!" - David Tennant - 10th Doctor.
    "Bow ties are cool." - Matt Smith - 11th Doctor.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluey111 View Post
    but waiting for titan is just hype isnt it...
    From my eyes, the only company that can top WoW is blizzard. Not only that, look at blizzard's track record.. they aren't really known for making bad pc games.

    They know how to make refreshing, innovative games.

    We can call it the "safety mmo"

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    so you dabble in MMOs. awesome. i dabbled in crocheting. doesn't mean i can make a fucking sweater now does it?

    nobody who dabbles in mmorpg is an mmorpg fan. you don't dabble in the genre and that's why everyone in the community is so fucking stupid now. they're doing something they don't REALLY want to do and they're bitter or intentionally idiotic like some of you.

    i'm not suggesting i'm right, i'm telling you that i'm undeniably, 100% correct and you're too fucking stupid to see that. i'm helping you.

    YOU NO LIKE MMORPG, YOU HAVE MORE FUN NO PLAY MMORPG

    there, take that. put it in your pocket. look at it later. remember it.
    You are just irritating, you can be a fan of more than one thing at once.

  15. #55
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    take it up with blizzard, they said their design philosophy evolved and took shape in 2008 with the hiring of greg street. you're disagreeing with them at this point.
    I am not, I am disagreeing with WoW ever having been the type of game where your characters story and background is being shoved down your throat. The RPG elements are there with quests, your imagination, encounters and storyline etc etc.

    You need to make your characters story with your own mind, and there is room for it no doubt. Others play their characters as tools, and there's nothing wrong with that either. I feel more for my WOW main, than I could ever do for a SWTOR character in this sense.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  16. #56
    The Patient Daragonis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Silver Mountain... soon Q.Q
    Posts
    290
    Hopefully it lives up to certain of my expectations, like balanced PvP.. I love the feel of WoW pvp but just wish that it was more balanced and less grindy. I don't want to get onto a game in my free time and then consider it work to do BG's for hours and hours just to play with my friends in arenas because I need more gear or else we'll have no hope of winning. =/ also the idea of the dynamic events and the encouragement of co-operation in questing with other players makes me a bit excited. Finally! Not seeing another player levelling my alt for ~1.5 hours and then when I see one my response is: "...HEY YOU LEAVE MY WHELPS ALONE!!! MY KIIIILLLLSSS!!!" I'd love to be incentivized to work with other players and actually make it more productive to do so.

  17. #57
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    what didn't you like about it? you were more a part of your character's story than any MMORPG in history. by far. you're just another dumbass who refuses to admit they dislike MMORPGs because you've somehow decided to be like someone you admire and LIKE THEM MMORPGs FTW

    most of you people are followers. that's why wow hit 12million, followers.

    i'm gonna tell you now, you won't like gw2 because it isn't wow and you're addicted to wow. mark my words.
    Haha, someone's butthurt over realising that his word doesn't make truth.

    The story itself, the Star Wars theme, the looks of the game, the general feel. I didn't like the package. And I love MMORPG, not sure where the "someone you admire" comes in really...I've been playing this game for years out of my own free will, and I've enjoyed every second.

    I will love GW2 because the theme appeals to me, the customization, the characters, the races, the personal story. I like the look of the package.

    I'm not a follower of WoW, I am a fan and I enjoy playing it. If that makes you feel like crying or raging, then you might as well go seek help right now because that ain't sound. An addict is also someone that CAN'T stop consuming/doing something. I don't want to stop since I'm enjoying the game, but I HAVE been forced to stop for periods of time and then its been just fine . I've also had breaks when other games have caught my interest.

    /MMORPG, RPG and overall game lover.
    Last edited by Rorcanna; 2012-01-14 at 05:22 AM.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    so you dabble in MMOs. awesome. i dabbled in crocheting. doesn't mean i can make a fucking sweater now does it?

    nobody who dabbles in mmorpg is an mmorpg fan. you don't dabble in the genre and that's why everyone in the community is so fucking stupid now. they're doing something they don't REALLY want to do and they're bitter or intentionally idiotic like some of you.
    variety is the spice of life, I'm sry but saying someone who likes to experience different games is wrong is the dumbest thing I've ever heard, you think ArenaNet only plays mmo? NO. in fact it's perty apparent that they are fans of TF2

    Basically: you can play more than one type of game/genre, the world will not explode!

    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    i'm not suggesting i'm right, i'm telling you that i'm undeniably, 100% correct and you're too fucking stupid to see that. i'm helping you.
    you just said "I'm not saying I'm right, I'm saying I'm right"
    ....so...yeah....
    It's one thing to spout your opinion it's another to treat it as fact

    Quote Originally Posted by sulmithagreyse View Post
    YOU NO LIKE MMORPG, YOU HAVE MORE FUN NO PLAY MMORPG

    there, take that. put it in your pocket. look at it later. remember it.
    Your stating your opinion just like every one else here.
    Funny thing about opinions, they tend to differ!
    Last edited by SPeedy26; 2012-01-14 at 05:35 AM.
    I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of Coruscant!
    -Malgus playing the Mesmer

  19. #59
    How can people say the people at Anet are being really honest when every little thing that comes from them sounds like it has been run through the hype machine about 10 times?

  20. #60
    I am Murloc! Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Umeå, Sweden
    Posts
    5,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Daragonis View Post
    Hopefully it lives up to certain of my expectations, like balanced PvP.. I love the feel of WoW pvp but just wish that it was more balanced and less grindy. I don't want to get onto a game in my free time and then consider it work to do BG's for hours and hours just to play with my friends in arenas because I need more gear or else we'll have no hope of winning. =/ also the idea of the dynamic events and the encouragement of co-operation in questing with other players makes me a bit excited. Finally! Not seeing another player levelling my alt for ~1.5 hours and then when I see one my response is: "...HEY YOU LEAVE MY WHELPS ALONE!!! MY KIIIILLLLSSS!!!" I'd love to be incentivized to work with other players and actually make it more productive to do so.
    Amen, all of this = things I'd like to see for WoW as well. PVP is fun in WoW when you can play your class and got a good team behind you, but it's just so grindy...PVP in GW2 = you jump in and you do it when you want to do it. No more "I only got 2.3k resilience" and stuff like that.

    Also the de facto grouping in GW2 is amazing. I can now help someone without fearing that I've stolen his/her loot or XP. And I can do my thing without worrying about other players coming and slowing down my questing/gathering by killing the mobs I need.

    That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •