Thread: rare spawns

10+ Year Old Account

rare spawns

i used to have a guildie who had an addon that told him when a rare mob is near. i forgot to ask him what it was before he left(military). does anyone else out there know what it's called? thnx

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    _NPC scan don't forget the _
    also you need to clean some monster database on your computer to work well (since it only alert if the client of wow you run ask wow server the rare spawn info)
    which file it is is writen on the curse gaming page of that addons
    Last edited by lawomous; 2012-01-14 at 07:12 AM.

There is also this http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/silver-dragon. It has more than just Outland, Northrend, and Cataclysm zone rare spawns by default but you have to import the database or whatever. Other than that there are things I don't like about it compared to _NPC Scan, but try them both.

NPCScan is based on desirable rares, which would seem to involve those with good drops (mostly mounts), achievement related, or popular hunter tames.
    Silver Dragon does apparantly cover a greater variety of rares, including those more appealing as something to kill while levelling, due to the far greater amount of XP you would get.

Deleted
    http://www.wowace.com/addons/silver-.../files/54-r31/

I find this version of Silver Dragon to be the best I have encountered.
    Silver Dragon is the addon that will announce in various channels, very easy to configure.
    Just as good as Npc Scan, I use both though.

NPC Scan is one of the first addons I ever used. That noise it makes when it goes off still makes me jump out of my skin :P

I hear Silverdragon is good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    NPC Scan is one of the first addons I ever used. That noise it makes when it goes off still makes me jump out of my skin :P

I hear Silverdragon is good too.
    Lol npcscan always does that to me.

It's weird, I always had npcscan. I think it came with another addon, because I don't remember getting it. Not sure which addon, though.

I still picked up silverdragon, anyway. I like finding my mobs in the rest of the world while leveling, good xp and crappy greens. I wish more mobs in the 1-60 actually dropped blues, like all rares do in BC+.