I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account

No Guild For You!!! /soup nazi voice

My main is in a guild that is no longer actively recruiting. They have a large number of people in the guild and are really focused on finishing out heroics and doing raids instead of bringing alts and such into the guild...definitely understandable by me.

That said, I cannot for the life of me find a guild on my level 25 Combat Medic. I am not a bad healer at all (yet to have anyone go down in any group content) and have been able to get a decent friends list (mostly tanks) from people who like to group with me (I keep them alive after all) but even asking in /1 I can't find anyone who wants me in their guild.

The two most common responses I see are:
    "We don't allow anyone under level 35 in our guild."
    "This guild is just me and my friends and don't want any outsiders."

Before you say start your own...I have absolutely no desire to. I've been down that road once and it just doesn't appeal to me.

Any suggestions on what to do? I like being in a guild and grouping with guildies to do content.

there should be a lot of guilds that take anyone any lvl. so im not really sure what is the problem you are having.

10+ Year Old Account
    what server is it if you dont mind my asking?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrotemplar View Post
    there should be a lot of guilds that take anyone any lvl. so im not really sure what is the problem you are having.
    right...there should...but when I whisper someone who is in a guild i get one the two responses listed above or if I ask in general it get silence.

get 35? if you really wanted to be in that guild. there's two "zerg" guilds on my server that more or less just constantly spam recruitment about their 100+ members, so not really a problem i'm seeing. that and the chances of me being and staying in other people's level range is next to none.

They really need to have a better way of finding guilds on each server. That's kind of what server forums are used for mostly in other games. I'll be nice to Bioware by just saying it's a strange decision not to have them. The other alternative is to shift through 200 pages in the guild hall trying to find a guild on the exact server that you are on, good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Next time you group with people at the end of whatever group activity you do inquire about their guilds. Networking... always be networking

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    They really need to have a better way of finding guilds on each server. That's kind of what server forums are used for mostly in other games. I'll be nice to Bioware by just saying it's a strange decision not to have them. The other alternative is to shift through 200 pages in the guild hall trying to find a guild on the exact server that you are on, good luck.
    In the development area of their website they've posted that with the new content patch they're changing the forums. Server forums will have their own recruitment subsection. So they've seen the problem too and are fixing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    It seems a lot of people are forming and sticking to a zillion little guilds and thats ok for this stage of the game but yeah I can see it being a issue for new folks. That said my guild is always looking for new folks.

I can't believe your main guild wouldn't make an alt rank and let people already in the guild join on their other characters. That just seems stupid to me.

As a former guild officer, I'd want it that way so that our members stay together even when they're doing something not on their main.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    I can't believe your main guild wouldn't make an alt rank and let people already in the guild join on their other characters. That just seems stupid to me.

As a former guild officer, I'd want it that way so that our members stay together even when they're doing something not on their main.
    It does seem rather silly in a game with such an alt-centred appeal.