Thread: The forum...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just got off of a month long ban for flaming and trolling people who I thought were ignorant. When in reality, it was me being ignorant for replying to them in the first place. The biggest thing I've learned is if you feel angry about someone's post, then don't reply to them AT ALL, it'll only turn out terribly. I think I've learned what "constructive posting" is from my last ban on a deeper level, and I think because of it; I won't be trying to defend my opinion much anymore, or try to shoot anyone else's down in a fit of nerd-rage.

I think many people can learn from what I've experienced as well as...READ STICKIES! For the love of god, before posting please take the time to research the VAST amount of GW2 knowledge on the lovely internet. You can load your guns after you've done that. Remember: opinions =/= assumptions. I can honestly say that ANet is the only games developer who's this open with their development process, and because of this there's a ton of information about GW2 out there.

Trion and Riot are fairly open and transparent about development. They even outright state issues and mistakes they make in the process.

I recall having a great open conversation with the lead warrior class developer on the Rift forums where he admittedly the team dropped the ball in some areas and were attempting to fix the issues at hand. Even going so far as to admit it was a difficult change to undo and were looking at making other adjustments to compensate for the oversight. Trion also has undone or re-implemented choices that were tested and failed- which they are open about.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-01-14 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    I just got off of a month long ban for flaming and trolling people who I thought were ignorant. When in reality, it was me being ignorant for replying to them in the first place. The biggest thing I've learned is if you feel angry about someone's post, then don't reply to them AT ALL, it'll only turn out terribly. I think I've learned what "constructive posting" is from my last ban on a deeper level, and I think because of it; I won't be trying to defend my opinion much anymore, or try to shoot anyone else's down in a fit of nerd-rage.

I think many people can learn from what I've experienced as well as...READ STICKIES! For the love of god, before posting please take the time to research the VAST amount of GW2 knowledge on the lovely internet. You can load your guns after you've done that. Remember: opinions =/= assumptions. I can honestly say that ANet is the only games developer who's this open with their development process, and because of this there's a ton of information about GW2 out there.
    no disrespect man, but you sound broken and dejected, haha. anyway, welcome back.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

10+ Year Old Account
    Broken?
    Dejected?
    No.

Think "realized". Many people assume the worse when someone admits when they're wrong and learned something from an ordeal. What does that make you then? A person with a superiority complex? It's all hypothetical; not important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Broken?
    Dejected?
    No.

Think "realized". Many people assume the worse when someone admits when they're wrong and learned something from an ordeal. What does that make you then? A person with a superiority complex? It's all hypothetical; not important.
    that had nothing at all to do with my question, your written demeanor has changed is all. whether you have an epiphany or not is on you, you just present yourself differently from your past posts and i found it interesting that you got that from a ban on the forums. tbh, i thought you were trolling at first and was going to end with a "syke! just fucking with you people, i didn't learn shit from my ban!"
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Nah he's totally genuine and a few posts in other threads have shown that
    I really hope we can rally together and so confound the people messin with this great forum with our amazingness that they flee and never return.
    It mostly comes down to not arguing with them. A quick lore related slap does the job most of the time

And Edge - yh...I hope I didn't come across as trying to suggest ppl can't express their opinion. That's half of what a forum's for. It's the fine line between flaming and expressing, trolling and bashing, and replying and flaming that's half the problem.

Anyway...also...not tryin to preach n stuff...I'd just hate to see this forum fall anarchy. Shucks...love it too much was compelled to make the thread coz of that
    Toodles

10+ Year Old Account
    You know the sub-forum has gone to hell when moderators from other sections come in to post garbage like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    You know the sub-forum has gone to hell when moderators from other sections come in to post garbage "like this".
    The sky's not falling Mif. We still have Edge here with an umbrella and a broom just in case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    that had nothing at all to do with my question, your written demeanor has changed is all. whether you have an epiphany or not is on you, you just present yourself differently from your past posts and i found it interesting that you got that from a ban on the forums. tbh, i thought you were trolling at first and was going to end with a "syke! just fucking with you people, i didn't learn shit from my ban!"
    Nah, man, that's not my style. There used to be a time I had three user accounts for this site and thought to myself "if i get banned, I can just post on another account", which went against the forum guidelines. However, every time I got banned on one account I'd rage-quit and never post on my other ones. Needless to say, I wised up and those accounts are lost somewhere in cyberspace. Plus, since posting on GW2G a lot, I've learned to keep my one-liners, sarcasm, and insults to myself. It's already hard enough dodging "nonconstructive post" infractions as it is. Let me tell you: those infractions are permanent.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Nah he's totally genuine and a few posts in other threads have shown that
    I really hope we can rally together and so confound the people messin with this great forum with our amazingness that they flee and never return.
    Thanks for the support. Also, I agree it would be a good thing to bathe heretics in the fires of Balthazar, but most of the people coming on this forum are just misinformed. I rarely ever redirect anyone to the info sticky, because if you can't read it right when you come here, then you shouldn't be posting at all. I've rarely seen a troll; just ignorant people. Not ignorant generally, no, more like ignorant to GW2.

You know the sub-forum has gone to hell when moderators from other sections come in to post garbage like this.
    I knew exactly what you were talking about before I looked at the link. However, before anyone gets "mod squaded" let me just say...
    beware the misinformed mod...which I'll send you a PM as to why.
    >.>
    <.<

That guy is a moderator? Good lord.

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    Don't worry, the mods here are pretty brutal, if anyone's trolling they will get a vacation very quickly.
    So true, even if they aren't really trolling they get banned for trolling...

The MMO Champ mods are honestly quite bad, some of them are great people, but some of them just infract people left and right for no real reason.
    Last edited by Menkey; 2012-01-18 at 12:05 AM.

How dare he come into our lovely forum and post utter garbage like that :S That only borders on an opinion...and really is flaming. He should get an infraction lol.

And closing this before it turns into any more mod bashing. Mods are people with opinions too, we're sure as hell not perfect. If you have a problem with one of them, you can bring it up with them, Sunshine, or me and it will get sorted out one way or another.