Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

prices on the gtx580???

so i was about to order a MSI gtx580 Twin Frozr II card for a friend of mine, when i saw the new price on the card....... 546 euros WHAT??. they where normaly at 440 euros.
    http://www.edbpriser.dk/Product/Deta...px?pid=4925359 DK Kr. 4333 = 577 euros.......... found one card for 546 euros

theye have gone up in price with about 100 - 150 euros here in denmark, depending on where you buy it........ how are the price in your countries??

i took a look at the cards from other brands and its the same with them........... only brand with the normal price is the DirectCU II cards from Asus, but he doesn`t want them..... he thinks they are to big and ugly (wich they are)
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    i took a look at the cards from other brands and its the same with them........... only brand with the normal price is the DirectCU II cards from Asus, but he doesn`t want them..... he thinks they are to big and ugly (wich they are)
    Asus DCU cards have probably second-best custom coolers after MSI (which is partially explained by the size).

If aesthetics go over practicality, your friend probably needs to start using on-board integrated GPUs then or get a case without silly transparent sides. With 130€ price difference your friend can buy a new case and the Asus card, and still pay less than any other brand.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Also you can now get a 7970 for slightly less than the 580 you linked MSI R7970

As i see it there are quite a few lower than the price you mention:

http://www.edbpriser.dk/Search/Produ...mp;s=igeneric4

MSI N580GTX Twin Frozr II
    Last edited by mmocca5d152c38; 2012-01-14 at 10:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panser, it's due to import taxes.

Yes it's bad they are so expensive in Denmark, I'm wondering where the extra 1-1.5k extra goes when a person orders cards at that price.

Much like the Asus G74 costs $1355 (7890kr) in the US store while it costs 14-16.000kr (2747 USD) in Denmark.

Everything is more expensive in Denmark, I'm unsure why. It definately can't be import taxes alone.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Everything is more expensive in Denmark, I'm unsure why. It definately can't be import taxes alone.
    VAT and import tax can make the price a lot higher, but then the stores also grab a margin of profit on top of that.

The latter is sometimes fucking ridiculous to be fair, but sometimes they are actually quite close to reality. I looked into ordering a TJ07, but only found a TJ11. After some checking around, I found the TJ11 cost exactly the same in that store as it would cost to have it shipped.

Deleted
    Everything is more expensive in Europe unfortunately compared to the US due to import taxes. You can't use currency converters and expect to get the same price as in the US. The card you are looking at, with that price, corresponds to around a $480 price-tag in the US.

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    well we ended up ordering this XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Duel fan and then he will order one more in 2 months

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 01:55 PM ----------

I know that the price is higher in denmark because of tax......... the point is that in december the lightning card only cost 493 euros, but now it cost 577 euros?
    I even remeber that komplett.dk had them for 450 euros. that was when i order one, wich came as DOA, and was then out of stock, so i had to go with the gigabyte winforce3 card

Thats the thing i don`t understand. why has the prices gone up on the gtx580? when we now have the 7970 wich is a faster and better card?

When i got my gigabyte gtx580 cards they cost 426 euros..... now they cost 489 euros from the same place
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Asus DCU cards have probably second-best custom coolers after MSI (which is partially explained by the size).

If aesthetics go over practicality, your friend probably needs to start using on-board integrated GPUs then or get a case without silly transparent sides. With 130€ price difference your friend can buy a new case and the Asus card, and still pay less than any other brand.
    I'm starting to reevaluate my opinion on this. Gigabyte's Windforce, especially the triple-fan versions are better than the Direct Cu II, in my opinion, while not covering as many slots either.
    And the KFA2 Anarchy (with Accelero Xtreme from Arctic) is obviously better than even MSI, by quite a fair margin as well.

Deleted
    Doesn't the KFA2 Anarchy take up about the same space as the Direct CUII tripple slot card? Sure, the bracket is only 2 slots, but the fans are fairly thick. Imo, making it worse than the MSI Twin Frozr cards (at least in that regard). I do agree though that the Gigabyte Windforce 3-fan cooler is one of the better options, but I've heard that it can be fairly loud (even more than the Twin Frozr cooler, which is to little surprise I guess as it has 3 fans as opposed to the TF's 2).

For SLI, I'd probably put a Gigabyte Windforce or a MSI Twin Frozr as the top card and the KFA2 Anarchy as the bottom card (given that there is sufficient space).

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    Doesn't the KFA2 Anarchy take up about the same space as the Direct CUII tripple slot card? Sure, the bracket is only 2 slots, but the fans are fairly thick. Imo, making it worse than the MSI Twin Frozr cards (at least in that regard). I do agree though that the Gigabyte Windforce 3-fan cooler is one of the better options, but I've heard that it can be fairly loud (even more than the Twin Frozr cooler, which is to little surprise I guess as it has 3 fans as opposed to the TF's 2).

For SLI, I'd probably put a Gigabyte Windforce or a MSI Twin Frozr as the top card and the KFA2 Anarchy as the bottom card (given that there is sufficient space).
    2.5 slots, actually, which gives sufficient breathing room. As far as I can tell, it is also that much ahead of the TwinFrozr in cooling.

Windforce? Loud? While I've only tried with the dual-fan, it was as loud on 100% as my DirectCu II gets on 50% :P I could agree that the three-fan might possibly be louder than the TwinFrozr. Possibly. I've only tried the 560 Ti version of the TwinFrozr II, and that was louder at 100%, but in all seriousness, excepting Djinni, who runs them in 100%?

Deleted
    Well, I think it's a bit unfair to compare the fans at 100%; rather compare them at load (for my card, even with the overclock, the fans runs at 60-65%).

And you stand corrected (^^), the KFA2 Anarchy is just 3 slots thick. I made a nice illustration for you tetris:

Which honestly, if it wasn't ahead of the TF2 cooler with that cooling space it would be very poor.