Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Post Guild Wars 2 - Contender for a Perfekt 10 (on NowGamer)

first of all, it's NOT a review, it is a prediction based on impressions.

Guild Wars 2: A Perfect 10

Adam Barnes

We delve into the factors that could mean Guild Wars 2 has the potential to score the perfect 10.

Published on Jan 13, 2012
    Guild Wars 2 is an ambitious game, you can be certain of that. ArenaNet has been protective of its darling, keeping a beta back from Guild Wars 2’s baying fans in favour of meticulous in-studio balancing and bug-testing.
    As yet another in a series of features taking a closer look at the big name games of 2012, NowGamer takes a closer look at the elements that could make Guild Wars 2 a potential candidate for a 10/10 score at review...

read in detail:

-) The MMO That Isn’t An MMO
    -)
    Next-Gen MMO PvP
    -)
    Dynamic Events
    -) It’s Ready When It’s Ready
    -)
    Real, Tactical Combat
    -)
    Tweaks To Skills
    -) It’s Not All About Combat
    -)
    The Lore And The Story
    -)
    High Grade Visuals
    -)
    Quality Over Quantity

http://www.nowgamer.com/features/120...erfect_10.html

GW2 is mentioned in the same breath as other great titles:
    find out how other big name games of 2012 could score the prestigious 10/10:

Deleted
    Cheers for more recognition of the game!

Deleted
    Well, this really defines over-hyping.

There is no perfect 10, there is no perfect.

Good day.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

Yea, it seems GW2 will be a pretty darn good game on paper. If the game is stable and fun enough to spread through word of mouth, there are some exciting and interesting possibilities in how MMOs might change going forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda am hesitant to take this acclaim seriously however, as all of the "perfect 10" games that they have so far are games that haven't even had much info released about them, especially GTA:5, i didn't hear anything about the game other than seeing the teaser trailer for it.

EDIT: Not sure if Bioshock infinite had much spotlight lately, but I can understand the hype for Diablo III and GW2, as both have alot of info out already.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post

Good day.
    on a scale from 1 to 10, there is

Personally I wouldn't do such contender-thing either, but I like the recognition the game gets from articles like this. I like it when gaming magazines support the idea of a new era of mmos.

over-hyping? probably... but it brings the game closer to the people that really want a new experience and had been deterred by misconceptions so far.

It won't get a perfect 10, since it's all up to the individual playing. Not to mention...how can they consider this when the game isn't even out yet?

Putting a score to a game that isn't even in open beta yet is like discussing a new car based on pre-concept sketches. Pointless.

Deleted
    It's funny that some people who reply to this thread don't even read the article in question, let alone the first post.
    first of all, it's NOT a review, it is a prediction based on impressions.
    NowGamer takes a closer look at the elements that could make Guild Wars 2 a potential candidate for a 10/10 score at review.
    On topic: GW2 looks really great on paper. Hopefully most, if not all, features work like they are presented to us.
    Last edited by mmoc77cd96e260; 2012-01-15 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Putting a score to a game that isn't even in open beta yet is like discussing a new car based on pre-concept sketches. Pointless.
    as pointless as posting in a thread without reading the initial post?

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    as pointless as posting in a thread without reading the initial post?
    Predicting a score to a game that isn't even in open beta yet is like discussing a new car based on pre-concept sketches. Pointless.
    Every game makes promises to be a 10/10 experience, few games are.

Deleted
    Well, D3 already proved being far away from a perfect 10 with RMAH, graphics from 2009 and the same dull gameplay as in D2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Well, D3 already proved being far away from a perfect 10 with RMAH, graphics from 2009 and the same dull gameplay as in D2.
    ? Like all games today have graphics from 2009. Very few dare going out of the XBOX safety-zone.

I like how the post goes "we look at things that COULD make this game a 10/10! But we're not giving it a score yet, though!".

And all the posters are like "LOL 10/10 ON A NON-RELEASED GAME POINTLESS LOLOL".

Learn. To. Bloody. Read.

Quote Originally Posted by P4R45171K View Post

Good day.
    Not yet atleast, because GW2 isn't out yet.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I read that article a day ago and it's a good article, don't get me wrong, buuut...
    It really paints an image of GW2 that could attract a lot of trolls. It's a total, over-hyped, troll baiting article. I think the writer could have been a lot more subtle and cool when he/she wrote it. Otherwise, like I said, it's not a bad article. Even if it looks like someone who did a days worth of research wrote it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the Diablo 3 beta, if that is a perfect 10, then I hope GW2 is like a 15 so I enjoy playing it.

These number scores are just silly though. I'd much rather have no number and a nice 5-6 page review going over the strengths and weaknesses of the game through the leveling process, pvp, and pve.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    I like how the post goes "we look at things that COULD make this game a 10/10! But we're not giving it a score yet, though!".

And all the posters are like "LOL 10/10 ON A NON-RELEASED GAME POINTLESS LOLOL".

Learn. To. Bloody. Read.
    Saying it might get a 10/10 is as pointless as saying it will.
    Because it's bloody obvious.
    Every game might get a 10/10 before it's released and playable. What a waste of time.

It's clear that this site is just trying to say it is 10/10 without saying it, purely to get hits. They have written an article that says almost literally nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Saying it might get a 10/10 is as pointless as saying it will.
    Because it's bloody obvious.
    Agreed, it's bloody obvious that the game might just be THAT good, right?

What, that's not right?