Windows is Key is not acctivating after Reinstall

Hello

So i reformatted my Computer. Installed window, Did the drivers. And i putt in my product key thats on the side of my Computer i get this

I have Reformatted and acctivated the key code on the sticker of my computer before and it worked with no problem, But now i get that message whenever i enter it now

What does it mean? Why is it not activating?

Deleted
    Might just be an issue with the activation or simply a bug/error somewhere. If you have a valid Windows 7 license, just contact Microsoft to sort it out. I believe the "automated phone system" is there to help you with exactly this issue (I vaguely recall having a friend ask me about the same issue, however that was concerning Windows Vista).

Yeah i googled it and i came up on a thread where someone said there is like a 10 key code entry limit where they start to do this when you reach the limit, and well i usually reformat once a month, sometimes more. So i am sure that was the problem, But i did the phone thing and it worked

You reformat... once a month?? What do you do to that poor thing?
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    You reformat... once a month?? What do you do to that poor thing?

I just play games. WoW. Skyrim / Steam

I blow out all the dust inside of my computer every month and i go ahead and reformat it as well so its bran spanking new

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what sort of thought process one goes through to feel the need to reformat every month, no matter the scenario. So much wasted time..
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Pleased to meet you all.

Download a windows loader

*Infraction* User received an infraction for offering piracy as advice. Piracy is a forbidden topic and is not condoned by the forum community here.

- Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-01-14 at 06:08 PM.

Damn if you feel the need to reformat every month at least make it easy on yourself and create an image of the disk just after you reinstall everything so you don't have to do it every time...

Herald of the Titans Sephiracle's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacapaca View Post
    Damn if you feel the need to reformat every month at least make it easy on yourself and create an image of the disk just after you reinstall everything so you don't have to do it every time...
    That's sort of what I was thinking. Why don't you install windows, the games you're going to play, create a backup image, and restore it every month. I have no idea why you would go through the trouble of a reformat.

And even then you're going through the trouble of having to reinstall all the windows updates, patches for games, etc. Unless you of course recreate the backup each time you reformat after doing the updates.
    Last edited by Sephiracle; 2012-01-14 at 05:26 PM.
    LoL: Kr1sys
    WoW:'06 - '11 '14-?' : Krisys - Blood/Frost DK | Sephiracle - Arms/Prot Warrior | Sephyx - Shadow/Disc Priest | Petergriffin - Huntard

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Use the activate by phone option. You will dial a 1-800 number and be greeted by an automated system. Follow the on screen guide and listen to the options available. After which you should be able to activate your Windows operating system.

I feel like formatting that often would wear out your HDD or SSD for that matter.

Stop fixing what isn't broken and call MS as was suggested earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    Stop fixing what isn't broken and call MS as was suggested earlier.
    And as he posted later in the thread, he did, and it worked.
    Super casual.

My friend had this happen to him a few months ago. He had to call Microsoft and they were able to get him a key that worked as long as he provided info that was included with the copy he bought.