Deleted

From Frost to Blood

Last week our main tank left to go do a masters degree. This meant we were one tank down and i had to step up and become a tank. i have never tanked in blood before and done my first raid on thursday and managed to get 4/8 down. My only problem now is i am expected to have 8/8 down in a bout a week is there really anyway for me to learn how to tank all the fights by then ? and also if you have any tips for me gear/rotation wise please let me know
    Armoury: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nkich/advanced

Thanks

You are lucky that tanking DS is really easy, not alot of boss moving and such just a couple of taunt swaps (in normal at any rate). Always keep your diseases up, which is alot easier now, and BS after the boss swings. BloodShieldTracker is helpful, but I don't have a link for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a bit more to it than Vulpei is stating. For instance, you need to time your cooldowns for Madness & Impale, though you can actually solo tank that one. You can also solo tank Ultra, for that matter.

Remember to use AMS when hitting 3 stacks on Yor'sahj, and don't forget cooldowns in Zon'ozz when he enters his stunned phase.

So the rotation I do is:

- Heart Strike to burn one blood rune but keep one up
    - Put up bone shield if not up
    - Death Strike to use my frost/unholy runes, heal myself, and shield myself from physical damage
    - Rune Strike in between DS to proc Runic Empowerment on my frost/unholy runes
    - Continue Death Striking to create more RP and to use the runes RE gave m
    - Blood Tap when necessary to get a new bone shield
    - Heart Strike when necessary to ensure at least one blood rune is on cooldown and one is up to avoid RE'ing a blood rune