Is there a game out there that fits?

I've been looking for a good mmo for pvp. I recently picked up SWTOR and I am not happy with it at all. If you haven't bought it yet don't. It will be free to play within the year or at least 1/4th the current price. I really enjoyed the old school Alterac Valley and the idea of a persistent battlefield, I don't think it ever should have been folded in with the rest of the BGs that are meant to be won. I like the gearing up aspect that MMOs bring to pvp as well so FPS doesn't really do it for me. I pvp'd casually in WOW for a long time and liked it but the community seems to have grown into this horrible whining thing dominated by people who pvp like it's their job and plagued by whiners who give up when red team gets the flag first. I don't mind losing but in WOW it seems like red team usually wins. I've tried and just can't get back into solo queing in WOW. I've never liked arenas, I mostly just like queing up, joining a battle with a bunch of randoms and just playing the game without having to maintain virtual friendships. I understand there's a lot of high level skill that comes into play with arenas and team BGs but that's not what I'm looking for either. Any suggestions?

I'd say wait for GW2 or maybe TERA online.

TERA online still has gearing. GW2, a supposedly very social oriented game, still requires gearing for grandscale BGs(which is sort of like World PvP), it consists 1500 players/3 servers in a massive battleground that can last up to 2 weeks, however it's competitive PvP has no gearing whatsoever- everyone plays with same stat weight for their respective class.