Thread: Hunger!

15+ Year Old Account

Hunger!

Anyone else have problem being hungry all the time?

I ate 5 times today already and now I can't focus on game because I'm hungry again so I'm off to the kitchen making more food. Fels to me that ALOT of time is spent making/eating food every day and it's honestly boring. Some days I have to make like 7 meals to just make the day.

This is also a big money sink..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the opposite, I'm lucky if I remember to eat 2 meals a day

Deleted
    i eat mostly because i am bored i think, but i feel hunry a lot. i only have 2 big meals a day though. (never up early enough for breakfast ) but i do seem to be constantly eating, there always seems to be a packet of crisps, some buscuits or a sandwhich or some fruit or something on my desk or cakes, i bake a lot of cakes so i always have cakes to eat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Anyone else have problem being hungry all the time?

I ate 5 times today already and now I can't focus on game because I'm hungry again so I'm off to the kitchen making more food. Fels to me that ALOT of time is spent making/eating food every day and it's honestly boring. Some days I have to make like 7 meals to just make the day.

This is also a big money sink..

28 x lvl 85? WHY?

How old are you, how much exercise do you do and what do you eat? All of those can affect how hungry you are.

As a general rule, protein is filling but won't pile on weight, since 30% of the calories is used to burn the rest off. So things like cooked meats and nuts can be good to snack on and fight off the hunger pangs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only big meal I have a day in Dinner each day. I have Breakfast(Cereal) every day I have school, otherwise I just have some toast or something. Suppose it's because I get sandwiches/crisps/whatever I find to eat during the day, which aren't the most filling foods :3.

Do you drink alot of water? If not, that could be your problem. When you get that feeling of hunger, try drinking a glass of water and waiting a few minutes. You may find that the hunger was actually just thirst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razia
    Hey Garrosh, stop screaming so loud. No, you can scream, it's alright. Just take it down about... 5% please. Thanks!

I have the same exact problem! I eat more than everyone in my house combined (3 other people, and 2 giant dogs) yet I am still hungry all the time. However, because I generally eat a lot, I like to stay away from bad foods (like butter or fried foods), because I'd rather not die of a heart attack. And surprisingly enough, I am still very underweight.

I am going to miss being able to eat if my metabolism lowers.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *You might be dehydrated. That sometimes thirst disguises itself as hunger. Are you drinking enough water?

*You could be missing essential vitamins and nutrients. If you're eating a lot of crap prepackaged stuff and junk food you most likely are which makes you feel hungry because your body wants you to receive those important vitamins.

*Are you taking any new medication? For example Birth control pills make me ravenously hungry.

*You could be burning more than you need to be. I just saw you seem to exercise a lot more than most people. Your body needs the fuel.
    Last edited by Snow White; 2012-01-14 at 05:47 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    How old are you, how much exercise do you do and what do you eat? All of those can affect how hungry you are.

As a general rule, protein is filling but won't pile on weight, since 30% of the calories is used to burn the rest off. So things like cooked meats and nuts can be good to snack on and fight off the hunger pangs.
    I'm 39. I do about 5-10 walks a week and goes to the gym 3-4 times. I try to stay away from fast carbs and stuff like that, stacking up on slow carbs, low colesterol proteins and high value vegetables.

Edit: Alot of constructive replies in this thread, just wanted to say thanks for all the interesting feeedback.
    Last edited by Cryonic; 2012-01-14 at 05:49 PM.

Sounds like we're dealing with a vampire here... YEAH
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

It can be alot of things. Oral obsession, eating too quickly, thyroid condition, addiction replacement (quit smoking = start eating), poor eating habits, your 15 and your body needs fuel? Don't really give any info for anyone to offer a suggestion.

I'm in my 30s, 6' and struggle to maintain 160-170 lbs......and I eat a boat load. My metabolism is pretty crazy even now that I've slowed down and don't run around like crazy. If I am up by 7AM and eat breakfast I might eat 5+ full meals over the course of the day and by meal I mean 1/2 lbs of protein, 1/4-1/2 of carbs (imagine about 1lbs of spaghetti in a sitting). But if I skip meals, my blood sugar crashes, feel dizzy/lightheaded, sick to my stomach and run the risk of blacking out. Snacking (healthy snacks), drinking water, keeping occupied helps but ultimately I generally wind up with a 3-4k calorie daily diet. If I'm out for a day and have to stop at places to eat I can easily drop over $50/day on food. But people seem to like watching the skinny guy demolish the buffet table and then go off on a journey to acquire a snack an hour later.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    Sounds like we're dealing with a vampire here... YEAH
    I'm sorry, I'm just a boring regulary person =D

---------- Post added 2012-01-14 at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    My metabolism is pretty crazy even now that I've slowed down and don't run around like crazy. If I am up by 7AM and eat breakfast I might eat 5+ full meals over the course of the day and by meal I mean 1/2 lbs of protein, 1/4-1/2 of carbs (imagine about 1lbs of spaghetti in a sitting). But if I skip meals, my blood sugar crashes, feel dizzy/lightheaded, sick to my stomach and run the risk of blacking out.
    Sounds exactly like my problem. Skipping is not an option since I feel so bad when bloodsugar is low. Tested myself for diabetes too but I'm ok.

I have had an issue with my digestion recently and as a result of that I haven't been hungry for the past 3 months. As a side effect I've lost 9 kg(20 pounds) :|

However, before that I rather liked the feeling of being hungry for a little while, I usually let myself get hungry before I ate and not just ate at scheduled times, unless of course I needed energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm just a boring regulary person =D
    And that was just a regulary boring joke
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

I failed to mention it earlier and don't see it posted but what does your doctor say?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dlouhys View Post
    I failed to mention it earlier and don't see it posted but what does your doctor say?
    My doctor says I'm fine..