Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artravus View Post
    Molten Core was garbage.
    Read this and made this face IRL: O_o

Deleted
    Gw2 will be awesome No doubt, but won't last longer than half a year for me like 1.
    There isn't much to do in the endcontent, only pvp is somewhat exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldriel View Post
    Gw2 will be awesome No doubt, but won't last longer than half a year for me like 1.
    There isn't much to do in the endcontent, only pvp is somewhat exciting.
    Im sure a doing watered down Dragon soul with strangers and ninjas in LFR is fun
    And with the gear acquired, you would do the exact same raid a second time, except bosses do bigger numbers
    And with the gear acquired from that, you would do the exact same raid a third time, except bosses do even more bigger numbers.

Im sure that end content is exciting in every possible way.

Atleast you have pokemon battles and pandas that know kung fu to last you through the next xpac.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2012-01-15 at 04:20 AM.

last i heard you only get energy from dodging, thats a big enough reason, "strategy" or not
    Isnt 10% of infinite still infinite?

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Which then returns me to my first post, one MMO is enough for my taste (they simply require too much time), and i'm sticking to WoW until they handled the lore characters which I care about
    im not trying to troll but your either damn crazy or have no clue at all to think they willlll evvveeeeerrrrr have sergaras be in wow, just think of any other game really. none of them resolve the main conflict(that being sergaras in wow) its always something like a cliff hanger so they can sell the squeal.look at sc2 or diablo for example, both pregress in story yet the conflict is never resolved, you kill the overmind yet the zerg still lives and u kill diablo yet he keeps coming back. so maybe he might make an appearance but u wont kill him and his story will remain the same

Quote Originally Posted by ambigiouslynamed View Post
    last i heard you only get energy from dodging, thats a big enough reason, "strategy" or not
    It's more like "charges" than energy to be honest, you have 3 dodges and your bar is depleted, it recharges while you're not dodging.

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Im sure a doing watered down Dragon soul with strangers and ninjas in LFR is fun
    And with the gear acquired, you would do the exact same raid a second time, except bosses do bigger numbers
    And with the gear acquired from that, you would do the exact same raid a third time, except bosses do even more bigger numbers.

Im sure that end content is exciting in every possible way.

Atleast you have pokemon battles and pandas that know kung fu to last you through the next xpac.
    Seriously, why do you feel the need to bash WoW to try and defend GW2? Don't you think this game can stand on its own?

Personally I'm having a blast with FRIENDS in LFR, and some of those friends also raid Heroic content for progression. WoW endgame is vast and engaging, it's not only about raiding and PVP. There's achievements, extreme soloing, progressing characters at max level to learn new roles, having fun with friends at the same level.

You might not like WoW, but that doesn't mean others agree with you.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 05:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Draenox View Post
    Which then returns me to my first post, one MMO is enough for my taste (they simply require too much time), and i'm sticking to WoW until they handled the lore characters which I care about
    I should actually not engage myself with GW2, considering the time spent...but given a choice between the two, WoW would emerge as the winner in any case so I'll at least play GW2 for as long as I have enough time to spend a few hours per week on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    People think there opinion counts for everyone else's It doesn't matter if the game fails or not, or if loads of people quit wow for it or even if no one quits wow for it. all that matters is if GW 2 is a good game for the person playing it.

It you play GW:2 and dont like it fine, no problem just leave. If you play GW:2 and like it then Gz on the new game. It really does not matter how many subs a game has or how many players a game has all that matters is the game is good to the individual playing it.

These posts are not aimed at individuals but rather everyone, not everyone will agree the game will be good or bad and know one even knows yet, This topic as others serves no purpose and wont even after the games released. Everyone's opinions will never be the same about everything.
    A person who has the ability to understand and respect others opinions and beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Seriously, why do you feel the need to bash WoW to try and defend GW2? Don't you think this game can stand on its own?
    Really wish people would stop doing that stuff. Really childish.

Don't understand the impulse either. It happens in every MMO forum. Every single one of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Based on what?
    You can't say it's fantastic either. In fact it often looks at least weird if not ugly, which I think can be quite big issue. Other than that I can see people being turned away by way too much differences or experiments. I myself absolutely hate the idea of complicated death thingy, for example.

This kind of game has better chance to grant audience AFTER release.
    Also I can't believe people do complain about absence of monthly fees. WTF is going on in this world?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Really wish people would stop doing that stuff. Really childish.

Don't understand the impulse either. It happens in every MMO forum. Every single one of them.
    Im making a point. People are using the excuse that GW2 has no endgame content when it reality is has more intricate and less mind numbing content than other MMOs out there. Of course I would bring up Wow in order to make my point, its the elephant in the room.

Ill stop once other people stop bashing this game with useless madeup facts. Wow is fun still, I did not say that it was not. But it can no longer be considered the same kind of mmo it once was, the open world within it is wasted when people just uuse org and SW as glorified lobbies, world pvp no longer matters, server communities have broken apart with the advent of LFD, let alone LFR.

Even with swtor's desolate planets, I saw more multiplayer interactions within them than I did in the last 3 years of wow outside of the major city.

Hell, even the population balance between alliance and horde, that 55:45 balance that was enough to maintain world pvp, balanced cities, etc. was destroyed by blizzard and their money grubbing hands when they introduced faction changes.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2012-01-15 at 04:53 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm excited, I'm just contained with it. Patiently waiting, as it still has no release date. I mean inevitably it'll come out, but it's very very hard for me to get excitied about something without an official release date. Like the WoW movie, contained excitement, no official information about it in the past year. Nothing about if it's still going on or not. :/

Im making a point. People are using the excuse that GW2 has no endgame content when it reality is has more intricate and less mind numbing content than other MMOs out there. Of course I would bring up Wow in order to make my point, its the elephant in the room.

Ill stop once other people stop bashing this game with useless madeup facts. Wow is fun still, I did not say that it was not. But it can no longer be considered the same kind of mmo it once was, the open world within it is wasted when people just uuse org and SW as glorified lobbies, world pvp no longer matters, server communities have broken apart.

Hell, even the population balance between alliance and horde, that 55:45 balance that was enough to maintain world pvp, balanced cities, etc. was destroyed by blizzard and their money grubbing hands when they introduced faction changes.
    The game isn't even out, you haven't tried it and you sure as H haven't been playing it long enough to tell wether or not GW2 endgame won't grow stale.

People act as if content will never become repetition in this game. Man, they are in for a surprise. Every single MMORPG becomes repetitive and "old news" when you've played it for a while. The question is wether or not the game is good enough still to last for years and years.

Of course WoW ain't the same MMO it once was (thank God), it's been out for 7 years...if people want never changing games, they should stick to single-player and console.

It's the same with WoW as it will be with GW2. People glorify the first time in the game (WoW Vanilla and TBC, and WOTLK these days for those that began in that expansion) and feel the game growing stale, and dismiss that as WoW being bad or dying.

And mark my words...GW2 won't be the only MMORPG without rotten apples in its playerbase.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2012-01-15 at 05:08 AM.

Ill stop once other people stop bashing this game with useless madeup facts
    It's also painful when people don't realize that every other MMO actually has less content as you play through the game where as all content in GW2 will always be relevant in terms of some form of progression as well as challenge to the player. Even after expansions, even if they raise the level cap and even if they were to introduce new gear that has increased stats, no content will be obsolete. This is something that is unheard of for gaming in general, GW1 had it to an extent with making even the most basic of crafting materials be useful to a level 20 player, hard modes, skill acquisition, title tracks, among other things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow White View Post
    Honestly, if people think WoW is a good game in it's current form, then I don't want them in GW2.
    And with you talking like this i dont want you in any game i play. wow isnt as good as it have been, but its not as bad as many other games.

Anyways, on topic, if you think the best thing in wow is its pvp, the problem is probaly more that you currently play a game you dont enjoy much.
    I do look forward to GW2, not because it will be better than wow, but because it will be diffrent. if those diffrences are better or worse is up to the individual, but i cant see why everyone would think it would be better, i doubt GW2 will be as big a succes as wow have been, but i dont doubt it will be a good game.

10+ Year Old Account
    There doesn't seem to be a battle mage class. that's a deal breaker for me. RIFT was great in that pretty much every class except mage had one. Would still be playing if i knew anyone on there still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The game isn't even out, you haven't tried it and you sure as H haven't been playing it long enough to tell wether or not GW2 endgame won't grow stale.

People act as if content will never become repetition in this game. Man, they are in for a surprise. Every single MMORPG becomes repetitive and "old news" when you've played it for a while. The question is wether or not the game is good enough still to last for years and years.

Of course WoW ain't the same MMO it once was (thank God), it's been out for 7 years...if people want never changing games, they should stick to single-player and console.

It's the same with WoW as it will be with GW2. People glorify the first time in the game (WoW Vanilla and TBC, and WOTLK these days for those that began in that expansion) and feel the game growing stale, and dismiss that as WoW being bad or dying.
    Making accusations that endgame will be stale is just as worse as saying endgame will be super amazing and will blow every other game out of the water.

However, it is another situation to predict that endgame will not be stale. If something involves repetition, but mixes up the situation from time to time, it will not grow as stale as the static content of another game. Look at LoL and its success. It is played on a single map, a map that has been adapted from the Dota map. The map is always the same, with the same goals in mind every time, the only thing that is different is the choice a player makes when choosing a hero to play as.

Stale =/= repetition.
    Stale = boring.

Sure, if wow raiding is your forte, then all power to you. But I still cannot fathom why I still spend my Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights doing the same static content, in order to acquire better gear to do the same static content, but with bigger numbers, again. The only reason I continue to do this to myself, is not cause its fun, its actually quite the opposite, but because of the few fun moments I can have with a guild while doing it. I can imagine those fun guild moments will be much more common with the system GW2 has in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a battle mage class. that's a deal breaker for me. RIFT was great in that pretty much every class except mage had one. Would still be playing if i knew anyone on there still.
    Mesmer. A mage with a sword. I dunno what your definition of a battle mage might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Not sure what a Battle Mage is, but Mesmer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wille1000 View Post
    I mean what the feck? Half of my friends r like meh i´ll stick to WoW even when I said what was coming.
    Why wouldn´t you want to get rid of the the holy trinity system?
    Why would you want to keep the boring never endless questing?

If you can name one thing that Wow is better then the featured GW2 has i´ll be surprised , if something it is the unique pvp that WoW has which is the only thing I enjoy.
    I think it's pretty simple really. People like different things, especially when it comes to games.