Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Better than the children being prostitutes, beggars or criminals.

Deleted
    Nice. This means we're winning still right?

Anyone surprised by this need to read a newspaper.

This is a kinda double-edged sword in my mind.

On the one hand, without these children, we would not have iPhones (No, I do not have one; and many other products are made by child labor) and they and their families would quite possibly lose their shelter/food/etc.

On the other, child labor is certainly a horrid thing, but making them get rid of their child labor is just going to compound the problem and make it worse. Think about it: These children would lose their source of income. They'd lose their food, whatever shelter they have, and their families total income (Hell, many families have multiple children working to survive) would plummet.

You can't apply our mentality to other places, the culture is different. Sometimes it IS normal for a child to work. Does it suck? Yeah it does. But taking away these jobs, we would almost certainly be condemning these children to a slow death by starvation. Is THAT what you would rather have?

I for one, would not. Again, while it is horrible for them to have to work, I'd rather see a hard-working, healthy and full child rather than a child that can run and play, but slowly starving to death, wondering where his next meal will come from and whether he'll live the next day to see his family.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    I'll just say I am glad to have a Droid phone. After seeing the latest iPhone, and all before it, I will never want one.
    iPhone, Droid, Windows phone, open it up and it'll say Made in China somewhere. What's your point exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    It's been well-known that Apple produce things as cheap as possible from multiple companies.
    Then they double the price! $$$$$$

Deleted
    Every big electronics company does it, whether they know it or not.

I have my own reasons for hating Iphones, and apple in general. I don't need a humanitarian pretext to defend my dislike of their products.

Meaningful discussion ended on this topic pages ago. Closing.