Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neglesh View Post
    Sorry for a little bit OT but can anyone link me some really recent videos of the game? Like, the most recent build at a demo/convention?

I would probably link OP's videos, though
    Sure:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...8l10.14.2l26l0

just to give an impression on how big areas actually are:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    just to give an impression on how big areas actually are:

-video-
    Haven't seen that before

It's hard to find videos that do the game justice; a lot of players on the demo-stations play the game as if it had a static fight system (which it doesn't) and you instantly see how other games have conditioned their behaviour. The demoversion allowed such a static behaviour because it was made easier for the audience, but I hope guys will get their a** kicked when they try to play that way in the final version.

I have seen this come true for GW1 players who have never played any other mmo like WoW, WAR etc. They have no idea how to play the game. They click the skills and find it hard to hit someone while being constantly on the move. Players should really learn how to use hotkeys for this game imho.

My good friend will get this game IF it's compatible with Mac, my girlfriend would be a tougher challenge, she hates games, she hates fantasy and she hates MMO's. So when I get this game, I will put her in front of my screen, let her play the game for a few hours and then let her decide I'll buy her the game if she likes it

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    My good friend will get this game IF it's compatible with Mac, my girlfriend would be a tougher challenge, she hates games, she hates fantasy and she hates MMO's. So when I get this game, I will put her in front of my screen, let her play the game for a few hours and then let her decide I'll buy her the game if she likes it
    -) show her the armor dye options
    -) show her townclothes
    -) show her asura ( you can introduce her to Mif - cute little fella )

I'm sorry, kind of discriminating from my side

-) show her the armor dye options
    -) show her townclothes
    -) show her asura ( you can introduce her to Mif - cute little fella )

I'm sorry, kind of discriminating from my side
    Knowing her she won't play Asura's because they look like little evil grimlins

Townclothes is something she might like yes, good one

and I can see her spending hours dying her armor, yeah really that's my girlfriend..

Funny how my wife wants a Sylvari for cuteness...a Charr for meanness...and a norn to beat the crap out of both of them lol

Deleted
    I don't know any girl that thinks Asura are cute.

The ones I know like Charr/Norn/Sylvari.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Funny how my wife wants a Sylvari for cuteness...a Charr for meanness...and a norn to beat the crap out of both of them lol
    This really made my day haha! Your wife is great

youtube.com/watch?v=DFdWA3GrUsw&feature=related

My favorite!! I just love how the bosses just look so epic XD

(sorry about the link - apparently I need to post a few times before they let me post an actual link/video)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cynik View Post
    youtube.com/watch?v=DFdWA3GrUsw&feature=related

My favorite!! I just love how the bosses just look so epic XD

(sorry about the link - apparently I need to post a few times before they let me post an actual link/video)
    Here you are:

10+ Year Old Account
    I would add these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzEqJAg8460

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=je0mT7AHKqI

---------- Post added 2012-01-18 at 10:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    i was already hooked with guildwars 1 i still play it a bit to this day its pvp is more blanced then most mmo's and its lore was interesting.

cant wait for gw2
    That pvp thing is pretty impressive then since there were 100classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Or he/she can use Boot Camp and play any Windows game they like. Games don't need to be OS X compatible to play them on Mac. I think we all agree GW2 is worth a restart to play. (;
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

top 10 reasons to be interested:

That one.
    I've shown it to a lot of the friends I want to play GW2 with, and so far it has gotten everyone at least somewhat interested.
    Well, besides one person I showed it to who replied with "Sure, he says that, but it's just going to be a korean MMO clone anyways. SAYING you'll do something and doing it is completely different. You play your GW2 all you want, I'll be playing SWOTOR. A REAL next gen MMO."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That one.
    I've shown it to a lot of the friends I want to play GW2 with, and so far it has gotten everyone at least somewhat interested.
    Well, besides one person I showed it to who replied with "Sure, he says that, but it's just going to be a korean MMO clone anyways. SAYING you'll do something and doing it is completely different. You play your GW2 all you want, I'll be playing SWOTOR. A REAL next gen MMO."
    Wow your friend no offence is a moron its not korean at all its american.

Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    Or he/she can use Boot Camp and play any Windows game they like. Games don't need to be OS X compatible to play them on Mac. I think we all agree GW2 is worth a restart to play. (;
    I'm not that well known with the Mac, but I'll check that out, I think he'll jump 10 feet in the air if it works.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    Wow your friend no offence is a moron its not korean at all its american.
    Oh, trust me, I know this. He couldn't even be convinced otherwise with the whole "lead developers of GW were also developers working on Diablo. They're obviously not korean. And ArenaNet is an american company."
    Not good enough, he's too simple.
    Oh well, if he's going to be like that it's not like I'm eager to see him in GW2 anyways, he'd probably force himself to hate it either way.

I know this isnt a Q&A, but i was reading some things about GW2 around the forum and found some info about not beeing so much group dependent like wow (more like diablo in the way you can grow by urself, without the need of a 9m group).

Is that true?

About the vids, that one from the dragon comming out of the water, awesome, i've been watching demos and gameplays from the game for a long time and it always impressed me.