Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by zehzao View Post
    I know this isnt a Q&A, but i was reading some things about GW2 around the forum and found some info about not beeing so much group dependent like wow (more like diablo in the way you can grow by urself, without the need of a 9m group).

Is that true?

About the vids, that one from the dragon comming out of the water, awesome, i've been watching demos and gameplays from the game for a long time and it always impressed me.
    Uhh.. GW is like that, but you won't be able to solo everything in GW2, no.
    It's more dependent on 5mans as oppose to 10/25mans though, if that's what they meant.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know this isnt a Q&A, but i was reading some things about GW2 around the forum and found some info about not beeing so much group dependent like wow (more like diablo in the way you can grow by urself, without the need of a 9m group).

Is that true?

About the vids, that one from the dragon comming out of the water, awesome, i've been watching demos and gameplays from the game for a long time and it always impressed me.
    There is skill involved in the combat moving out of the way and dodge rolling out of the way of stuff.
    Reactive combat instead of standing still.

So you could play most of the game and the dynamic events even big boss battles alone, using the combat and environmental weapons laying about.

However there are 5 man dungeons, they do require a group.

Is that true?

It's quite true, you don't need to make a group to get that dragon down, everyone just goes there and kills it and gets credit for it. You won't be spammin /1 LFM BIG DRAGON, NEED MORE PEOPLE. If that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Some of my Favourite videos are from ImperfectBlock.

He shows off what the game actually plays like, rather than the backpeddlers and 1 button spammers we normally see. He also doesn't use the same two weapon sets every warrior and thief went for in his videos, I'd recommend showing them to your friends aswell.

*snip*
    This is the first time I really payed attention to this in gameplay videos for GW2, but DAMN!!!! that is some absolutely insane character responsiveness. I've played almost all the major MMOs and this is just ...well it's easily better than WoW's responsiveness. The game engine they used is just perfect in every way. Everything from the way the grass moves based on actions around it to the animations on abilities is flawless, never missing a beat! And the 'weight' of all the different actions just feels right.

Oh and the music in that vid is pro. Just sayin'. Thanks for posting this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I don't know any girl that thinks Asura are cute.

The ones I know like Charr/Norn/Sylvari.
    Same here. I'm 25 years old and THOUGHT that I would adore the Asura, but no...Norn and Charr = my thing >

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Same here. I'm 25 years old and THOUGHT that I would adore the Asura, but no...Norn and Charr = my thing >

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    ...Asuras name will be Cheri Pie...*writing down*.

O.O...don't judge me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    Here you are:
    That really is sick. xD

Oh Mif, you're just too epic.

Just hope there is a "fail" option too. Not just die, get rezzed, die, get rezzed... Success!

Edit: Die, get rezzed, die, walk from rezz point, die, get rezzed... Success!

Quote Originally Posted by -Auto- View Post
    This is the first time I really payed attention to this in gameplay videos for GW2, but DAMN!!!! that is some absolutely insane character responsiveness. I've played almost all the major MMOs and this is just ...well it's easily better than WoW's responsiveness. The game engine they used is just perfect in every way. Everything from the way the grass moves based on actions around it to the animations on abilities is flawless, never missing a beat! And the 'weight' of all the different actions just feels right.

Oh and the music in that vid is pro. Just sayin'. Thanks for posting this gem.
    Would you believe me if I told you it's just a heavily modified GW1 engine?

---------- Post added 2012-01-20 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post
    Just hope there is a "fail" option too. Not just die, get rezzed, die, get rezzed... Success!

ANet has said they expect the success/failure rate of events to be about 60/40.

Take a look at this video, watch people get one shot, watch as how he goes back into the area that's taken over and the centaurs were not holding back and near the end there was about 4 of them descending on him.
    Last edited by omlech; 2012-01-20 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    That really is sick. xD

Oh Mif, you're just too epic.
    I was only linking it for Cynik because he can't with only 2 posts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Elixor View Post

Well the events keeps going, even if you are dead. So if the event isn't successful, an other event kicks off and you won't be able to try the failed event at this time again. You have to live the consequences without having to go through bad gameplay (deathpenalty).

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    ANet has said they expect the success/failure rate of events to be about 60/40.
    neat, didn't know they talked about this. Can you give me the source? I wonder if it is still 60/40 for elite-events / bossfights. (hope not)

I can't remember where I saw that, but just trust me on the numbers.

All these videos are making me aroused

Brb changing pants

/sigh

---------- Post added 2012-01-22 at 02:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    That's beautiful - thanks

EVERYONE MUST WATCH THIS!

Last edited by Exerionx; 2012-01-21 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by omlech View Post
    I can't remember where I saw that, but just trust me on the numbers.
    because it's you, I do ^^