Deleted

[OOC] RP Board - State of Events

Okay, long story short it's been a long time since I was here, and a much much longer time since I RP'd here. As I recall, back then it got to a point where RP's were happening so slowly that I simply got bored of it. Nowadays, I also have pony RP to keep myself occupied, so I thought I'd check back in and get a sitrep of sorts, and check the place back out.

Basically;
    • How active is the board these days?
    • Are larger RP's still run, like the Barrens War from years ago?
    • Does anyone remember me/my characters?
    • How freaked out would people be with me replacing one of my characters here with one of my mlp characters? My unicorn is the best developed of the three but the griffon is good in a combat setting too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, the board was pretty active until the holiday season hit, and now its at a crawling pace. If someone were to start a new RP I'm sure it would kick things back into gear. My thread, War for the North, has currently stalled but Im getting it back into action here in a day or two. And yes, I remember you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I don't mind My little pony but this really isn't the place for it. I mean I would love for you to come back and RP more since I barely got to RP with you at all but I, personally, would prefer sticking to WoW Lore and characters. May I suggest a Gryphonrider?

And yeah pretty much what Vadoor said. I've been on the march poking people though. Holidays are just a busy time for most. I expect things to get back to a steady pace in a few days or so.

Deleted
    Well, I'll probably start something eventually. My open Hallas threads usually go very well, and there's always that big expedition thing I can restart.

As for the mlp character, it wouldn't be a serious character. Or do we not have that serious/nonserious split anymore?
    That said, the Griffon was written for a more serious, combat-orientated role than the show, and is in fact a mercenary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the recent RP's have been more of the serious nature. As for non serious, there hasn't been one of those in a while unless you count the dance off competition. You could always just try it and see what happens.

As the others have pointed out, it's just that time of year where people have better stuff to do than be awesome.

I'd still be rather iffy on a My Little Pony character in a Warcraft RP board, though. Not just on serious / non-serious lines, but by the fact that I'm not comfortable with trans-IP roleplaying, or in layman's terms, crossovers. But... that doesn't mean you can't do it, you would just have to find people who would want to participate in it.

Deleted
    That's fair enough.
    I think I'll probably give the whole Nether-Worn Parchment signups a go again sometime this week.