Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
... LastLast
  1. #341
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    -snip-
    Yes but if you look at the other sylvari in that picture they look like the new caith, to be honest in that picture shes the only one who actually looks like a human in leaves.
    Last edited by Tommytom80; 2012-04-14 at 07:38 PM.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommytom80 View Post
    Yes but if you look at the other sylvari in that picture they look like the new caith, to be honest in that picture shes the only one who actually looks like a human in leaves.
    Maybe it's because they haven't finished all the art assets of their Sylvari style change yet in their beta ???
    Hence why they aren't playable ??? ???

  3. #343
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    If you're made of leaves..
    why would you use leaves to cover yourself?
    Non-sylvari will be under the impression you're naked. Silly Sylvari.
    remember, sylvari are naive by nature

    OT: some sylvari armor

    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  4. #344
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,555
    Humans use the skin of other mammals as clothing, why is it so strange sylvari use plantation different from themselves as clothing?

  5. #345
    These armor sets are absolutely stunning!

    I'm really not trying to let the hype build up too much for me regarding this game (I know I'll enjoy it). But everything I see; armor sets, gameplay, mechanics, character creation detail, city/building artwork, overall design. Just speechless, totally mind blown.

    This is the first game I've ever looked into where absolutely every race and profession interests me to the point I have no idea what I will make as a main because they are all so unique and well thought out.

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Maybe it's because they haven't finished all the art assets of their Sylvari style change yet in their beta ???
    Hence why they aren't playable ??? ???
    see that makes no sence what do you mean? The new slyvari in that picture - caith are what the NEW caithe looks like :/

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 07:56 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    -snip-
    looks like a sylvari's head

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Dat armor O.o

    My character choice is bending towards a Norn Ranger right now.

  8. #348
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    Dat armor O.o

    My character choice is bending towards a Norn Ranger right now.
    I think tha't's light armor, it at least looks suspiciously much like elementalist armor.

    Here's a vid, check 0.19.

    I don't like the standard red color, but that concept art colours is something I like a lot more.
    Last edited by Vewen; 2012-04-15 at 07:45 AM.

  9. #349
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I think tha't's light armor, it at least looks suspiciously much like elementalist armor.

    Here's a vid, check 0.19.
    That is definitely the same set, anyone who says otherwise is just trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    Hmm.. that makes me reconsider possibly at some point making a norn caster.
    Still likely won't, but that's interesting.

    I like the general look. I mean, it looks more like I'd imagine a norn to look, as oppose to a big norn in a dress.

  10. #350
    is it me or does this game look 100% better that wow i mean the armor and weapon look so awesome kinda cant wait to try this out im hopeing it was worth the money

  11. #351
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That is definitely the same set, anyone who says otherwise is just trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    Hmm.. that makes me reconsider possibly at some point making a norn caster.
    Still likely won't, but that's interesting.
    I pretty much got stuck between norn, asura and charr for my elementalist, as I want to try the personal stories of all races. My human is going to be a necro and my sylvari a warrior, so... that armor sealed the deal for me!

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I pretty much got stuck between norn, asura and charr for my elementalist, as I want to try the personal stories of all races. My human is going to be a necro and my sylvari a warrior, so... that armor sealed the deal for me!
    Unfortunately, looking back, I've realized that a norn caster would not fit into my picked list of races.
    I already know for sure that my mesmer will be a human female, and my necro is torn between a male charr or a female human. I do not want a norn necro.
    That leaves Asura, which I personally (note, personally) can not envision as anything but a caster (blame vekk), and the only caster slot still open is an elementalist.
    This means that the only way I'd be able to fit a norn caster into the character list I have in my head would be to roll two of the same profession, which I do not plan to do. :P

    Long story short, that armor set is damn sexy. It's a shame it will not be on mah body at any point in time, unless a future expansion introduces more scholar professions.

  13. #353
    I really want the Armorset of the Norn/Human (its hard to tell... Kodan are so huge ) in this pic


  14. #354
    Mechagnome Vewen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    702
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post


    That leaves Asura, which I personally (note, personally) can not envision as anything but a caster (blame vekk), and the only caster slot still open is an elementalist.
    I understand, I'm tempted to make mine a thief but I'm not convinced on that. I still have a mesmer spot open so maybe the asura can fill that void!


    It's nice to see you can have your own pick of what class you want for each race. I'm not convinced on charr casters myself. A norn with that armor gives me a bit of a shamanistic feeling, which is not that weird with an elementalist.

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 12:51 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Inareed View Post
    I really want the Armorset of the Norn/Human (its hard to tell... Kodan are so huge ) in this pic
    Those boots! Really looks nice.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Inareed View Post
    I really want the Armorset of the Norn/Human (its hard to tell... Kodan are so huge ) in this pic
    I'd guess human, norn are meant to be around 9ft and Kodan around 10ft.. but that could have changed from when that concept art was made.
    Either way, *drool*, I very much like that armor set.
    It could just be the colors that I like though, I really like the look of gold on black. And.. yay for dyes. :P

    Actually, I really like the fur on the shoulder/neck.. yeah no, I lied, I like the armor set. Not just the colors. ^^

  16. #356
    Herald of the Titans Jigain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,718
    On the topic of why Sylvari don't look like giant trees with ribcages at the top...

    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Who cares, it's fantasy
    'Nuff said.

  17. #357
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    145
    The picture with the Kodan actually shows Eir Stegalkin, pretty much the most famous Norn http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eir

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    The picture with the Kodan actually shows Eir Stegalkin, pretty much the most famous Norn http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eir
    Jora > Eir.
    They really changed the way she looks, then, since that's the only pic of her in heavy armor instead of medium.
    And they changed the height of the Kodan, since the wiki says they're 10ft.. that's a little more than 10ft, considering a norn goes up to his belly. xD

  19. #359
    Yeah I thought it couldn't be her because she wears medium and this one definitely wears heavy armor

  20. #360

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •