Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    These armor sets are absolutely stunning!

I'm really not trying to let the hype build up too much for me regarding this game (I know I'll enjoy it). But everything I see; armor sets, gameplay, mechanics, character creation detail, city/building artwork, overall design. Just speechless, totally mind blown.

This is the first game I've ever looked into where absolutely every race and profession interests me to the point I have no idea what I will make as a main because they are all so unique and well thought out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Maybe it's because they haven't finished all the art assets of their Sylvari style change yet in their beta ???
    Hence why they aren't playable ??? ???
    see that makes no sence what do you mean? The new slyvari in that picture - caith are what the NEW caithe looks like :/

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    -snip-
    looks like a sylvari's head

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    Dat armor O.o

My character choice is bending towards a Norn Ranger right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonefury* View Post
    Dat armor O.o

My character choice is bending towards a Norn Ranger right now.
    I think tha't's light armor, it at least looks suspiciously much like elementalist armor.

Here's a vid, check 0.19.

I don't like the standard red color, but that concept art colours is something I like a lot more.
    Last edited by mmoccf2a3d971d; 2012-04-15 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I think tha't's light armor, it at least looks suspiciously much like elementalist armor.

Here's a vid, check 0.19.
    That is definitely the same set, anyone who says otherwise is just trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    Hmm.. that makes me reconsider possibly at some point making a norn caster.
    Still likely won't, but that's interesting.

I like the general look. I mean, it looks more like I'd imagine a norn to look, as oppose to a big norn in a dress.

is it me or does this game look 100% better that wow i mean the armor and weapon look so awesome kinda cant wait to try this out im hopeing it was worth the money

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That is definitely the same set, anyone who says otherwise is just trying to convince themselves otherwise.
    Hmm.. that makes me reconsider possibly at some point making a norn caster.
    Still likely won't, but that's interesting.
    I pretty much got stuck between norn, asura and charr for my elementalist, as I want to try the personal stories of all races. My human is going to be a necro and my sylvari a warrior, so... that armor sealed the deal for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Vewen View Post
    I pretty much got stuck between norn, asura and charr for my elementalist, as I want to try the personal stories of all races. My human is going to be a necro and my sylvari a warrior, so... that armor sealed the deal for me!
    Unfortunately, looking back, I've realized that a norn caster would not fit into my picked list of races.
    I already know for sure that my mesmer will be a human female, and my necro is torn between a male charr or a female human. I do not want a norn necro.
    That leaves Asura, which I personally (note, personally) can not envision as anything but a caster (blame vekk), and the only caster slot still open is an elementalist.
    This means that the only way I'd be able to fit a norn caster into the character list I have in my head would be to roll two of the same profession, which I do not plan to do. :P

Long story short, that armor set is damn sexy. It's a shame it will not be on mah body at any point in time, unless a future expansion introduces more scholar professions.

Deleted
    I really want the Armorset of the Norn/Human (its hard to tell... Kodan are so huge ) in this pic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post

That leaves Asura, which I personally (note, personally) can not envision as anything but a caster (blame vekk), and the only caster slot still open is an elementalist.
    I understand, I'm tempted to make mine a thief but I'm not convinced on that. I still have a mesmer spot open so maybe the asura can fill that void!

It's nice to see you can have your own pick of what class you want for each race. I'm not convinced on charr casters myself. A norn with that armor gives me a bit of a shamanistic feeling, which is not that weird with an elementalist.

---------- Post added 2012-04-15 at 12:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Inareed View Post
    I really want the Armorset of the Norn/Human (its hard to tell... Kodan are so huge ) in this pic
    Those boots! Really looks nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Inareed View Post
    I'd guess human, norn are meant to be around 9ft and Kodan around 10ft.. but that could have changed from when that concept art was made.
    Either way, *drool*, I very much like that armor set.
    It could just be the colors that I like though, I really like the look of gold on black. And.. yay for dyes. :P

Actually, I really like the fur on the shoulder/neck.. yeah no, I lied, I like the armor set. Not just the colors. ^^

Deleted
    On the topic of why Sylvari don't look like giant trees with ribcages at the top...

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Who cares, it's fantasy
    'Nuff said.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The picture with the Kodan actually shows Eir Stegalkin, pretty much the most famous Norn http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eir

Quote Originally Posted by Socram View Post
    The picture with the Kodan actually shows Eir Stegalkin, pretty much the most famous Norn http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Eir
    Jora > Eir.
    They really changed the way she looks, then, since that's the only pic of her in heavy armor instead of medium.
    And they changed the height of the Kodan, since the wiki says they're 10ft.. that's a little more than 10ft, considering a norn goes up to his belly. xD

Deleted
    Yeah I thought it couldn't be her because she wears medium and this one definitely wears heavy armor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post

'Nuff said.
    its a fantasy game, lets throw common sense and logic out of the window

o wait, look like you already did

just because "it's fantasy" or "he can shoot fireballs" doesnt mean the rules of the universe unravel and disappear
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    its a fantasy game, lets throw common sense and logic out of the window

o wait, look like you already did

just because "it's fantasy" or "he can shoot fireballs" doesnt mean the rules of the universe unravel and disappear
    Feel free to quote your source.

By source I of course mean the section in Rules Of The Universe that handles how plants are allowed or not allowed to look.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Feel free to quote your source.

By source I of course mean the section in Rules Of The Universe that handles how plants are allowed or not allowed to look.
    Common sense says that if there were people made of plants, they would look like trees!
    I mean, let's ignore the fact that the one who planted the pale tree was a human, and that the Sylvari may very well have grown in his image in an attempt to be like him. Oh wait, that's contradicted by the fact that there was a Centaur near the tree with the human! Wait, no, centaur don't look like trees either. Huh.
    Either way, the law says that plant people should look like trees. It's the rules of the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Haven2011 View Post
    is it me or does this game look 100% better that wow i mean the armor and weapon look so awesome kinda cant wait to try this out im hopeing it was worth the money
    Looking better than WoW is not so hard. WoW is basically a game on a game engine from 2002 and released 2004.
    If you check other games like Tera (a 1 year old game!) you see what's "normal" 2012:
    Last edited by Kryos; 2012-04-16 at 12:28 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!