Deleted

[Movies] Grave of the Fire flies

Ive just watched this movie, has anyone else seen it? Truly a sad film, and when we face up to the reality of it this probably did happen. The worst part, in my opinion, was just before the end, at the top of the hill, during the cremation. First film I have ever cried over, I just cant imagine the pain that he went through :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I have not watched this, my sisters warned me it is very sad and they cried their eyeballs out when they watch it.

I might try to find it.

Deleted
    Its tremendously sad The personalities and everything about them is believable. I highly recomend it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Downloading.

I am gonna see if I would cry in the end or not :P

Deleted
    if you want to cry your heart out so much that your only desire afterwards is to take it out of your chest and then burn it, it is the right Anime.
    oh and it is beautiful. but I cannot bear to watch it again.

---------- Post added 2012-01-15 at 12:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    Downloading.

I am gonna see if I would cry in the end or not :P
    you will cry through the entire movie. I wish it was only at the end

I haven't seen it, but have been meaning to. I'm hoping the details of the third sentence in the OP aren't crucial though. :P

Deleted
    Haven't heard of it but you go me intrested, downloading as we speak ( well.. write*)

Deleted
    They arnt crucial so to say. Once you watch the first 10 minutes everything folds into place. I tried to leave enough details out while starting a conversation :P

Good good, looking forward to it. Finding in my old age I'm more likely to shed a tear or two to a good film, which is only a good thing, because one that moves you is one you'll remember

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember My Japanese friend's mom made me watch this movie when I was younger (Like 7 or 8). It is really sad indeed I think I might just re watch it.

It's a superb movie, and truly tragic as well. There's the intimate, tragic horror of the events occuring around the protagonist, the suffering he goes through, the suffering he needlessly puts himself through for the sake of his pride, and the inevitability of everything from the very start (the complete and utter removal of any hope for anything resembling a happy ending is very powerful). (My opinion on that is probably skewed, since I haven't seen the movie in a couple years and I'm... uhm... I'm not hazily remembering the movie so much as I'm hazily remembering and recounting my initial reaction to the movie. Did that make sense?)

There's the meta-horror and tragedy, too, knowing that this is, sadly, as the OP said... probably quite realistic. Most countries who were involved in WWII suffered greatly throughout it, civilians and soldiers alike, and I don't want to know how many times this story played out over those years. I don't want to know how many orphans and widow(er)s there were. I don't want to know how many parents buried their children. If I knew, I'd probably have a mental breakdown. That said, I'll probably only rarely watch this movie in the future, although I'll keep happily recommending it to everyone I meet who says "animation is for kids". (People who complain about comics being for kids get Maus or V for Vendetta.)